Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE England and EA Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Got caught out by the heavy rain this evening . It looked quite a small area of rain on the radar , it slipped from the north west and right across the Wimbledon area leaving me soaked . Oh well I'm looking forward to some snow we've been starved for so so long . My 4 year old asked what does snow feel like . Aaarrrrrggghhhh I'm becoming obsessive with the white stuff again .

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Feeling a bit colder, glad November hasn't been wintry though. According to weather lore:ninja: winters that start in November are usually over early, leaving mild dross from January on wards:nonono:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Already had some birthday rain. :yahoo:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Slit wrists time in the Model thread. GFS 0Z moves towards the Euros. It was obvious that was going to happen.

Possibly a nice high setting up over the UK next week, cant complain. Dry and fair for my morning runs and dog walks, as long as the Atlantic train is absent I'm happy.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
9 minutes ago, Ben Lewis said:

Slit wrists time in the Model thread. GFS 0Z moves towards the Euros. It was obvious that was going to happen.

Possibly a nice high setting up over the UK next week, cant complain. Dry and fair for my morning runs and dog walks, as long as the Atlantic train is absent I'm happy.

Nothing wrong with a high over us at this time of year, are we on the southern side of it?

If so do not expect the weather to be to warm, it's quite cold to the east of us.

Posted
3 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Nothing wrong with a high over us at this time of year, are we on the southern side of it?

If so do not expect the weather to be to warm, it's quite cold to the east of us.

I do not expect it to be warm. I'm happy because its a good possibility of being Dry. Nothing worse than mild Atlantic rain soaking the ground when your an outdoor type like me. 

• Like 1

Posted

Happy Birthday Dami :) 

"A brief spell of very strong winds is expected as a line of heavy rain moves eastwards over the UK during Thursday afternoon. Whilst most places will miss the worst a few spots may see gusts in excess of 70 mph." - UKMO 

Very localised I presume.

IMG_1008.PNGIMG_1009.PNG

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

And a Happy Birthday from me too @Dami.

The band of rain seems to have pepped up in the last hour or so. It's looking like quite a few of us will have a short, sharp spell of squally rain. I see from the radar grab (below) there was a couple of flashes of lightning in the North Midlands, but there's been no activity for a couple of hour's now.

Radar Thur 17Nov 13.25.jpg

• Like 2

Posted

Squall line just passed through Uxbridge. Many leaves aloft and folks battling across the car park; the sun is out now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
39 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

And a Happy Birthday from me too @Dami.

The band of rain seems to have pepped up in the last hour or so. It's looking like quite a few of us will have a short, sharp spell of squally rain. I see from the radar grab (below) there was a couple of flashes of lightning in the North Midlands, but there's been no activity for a couple of hour's now.

Radar Thur 17Nov 13.25.jpg

You spoke too soon, Malcolm; as runboy reports, there have been two cells of sfreics within this squall line - one over northern Norwich and one to my south.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Squall just gone through...No thunder but a lot of rain and hail; leaves are piled in drifts, all over the place.

Drove through it on my way back up from the south coast got pretty hairy at one point when we couldn't see 10 feet in front of us with leaves flying over the motorway looked like it was snowing at one point but it was all leaves. Very very windy when we got to exposed bits of the motorway 

Track and intensity of the 2 lows for this weekend and early next week is still up in the air. 

Posted

LOL... So Dramatic.

Bit of rain and a few gusts of wind. Sun back out after half an hour. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers
56 minutes ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

You spoke too soon, Malcolm; as runboy reports, there have been two cells of sfreics within this squall line - one over northern Norwich and one to my south.

I wonder if I have a special power - whatever I say the weather does the opposite! I'll just pop over to the Model thread and post that there's no chance of severe cold and snow affecting the UK this winter. :laugh:

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Had some heavy rain and it's a bit blowy, now clear. Wore new hat, cosy coat and some new-ish boots to do the school run. I was warm as toast.

Noticed on way home we have at least 5 planes at different attitudes circling round. One was quite low down too, and even without glasses i could clearly see it. 

Still awaiting new boots to arrive. perhaps they are on one of the planes.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

No squall here, just a bit of rain, been windy and showery all day here.

However what the heck is all that mess heading along the coast behind the main stuff?

Posted
3 hours ago, Ed Stone said:

Squall just gone through...No thunder but a lot of rain and hail; leaves are piled in drifts, all over the place.

Can confirm, had to go to hospital and nearly got blown off my feet and drowned, umbrella is a casualty.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely
2 hours ago, Blessed Weather said:

I wonder if I have a special power - whatever I say the weather does the opposite! I'll just pop over to the Model thread and post that there's no chance of severe cold and snow affecting the UK this winter. :laugh:

Lol, the model thread does make me laugh always chasing cold, they have hardly mentioned about the heavy rain expected in our area this on Sunday

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather
4 hours ago, lassie23 said:

Heavy rain just pushed through here, swear I saw some snow flakes mixed in.:ninja::ninja::ninja:

Ha that's funny earlier on at work a really aggressive squall line came marching through. The office base I'm at faces right on the sea front, so you really feel the effects there. I pressed my face against the window and shrieked 'I think it's snowing a bit to!' Caused a brief flurry of excitement amongst my peers before they realised it was all a part of my lurid snowy weather fantasy disorder! I work for a mental health service and planning to submit weather fetishes of any kind as a formally classified mental health diagnosis! :nea:

• Like 2