Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 12/1/2017 11z ---->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Dami's moan for this eon. 

What is more important? A few parked cars up a road for 10 minutes a day or cars speeding up a road at 60mph by a school?  Well the stationery cars win out, because it upsets the folk who had a quiet road once. I am so Hopping mad and then they go on about community spirit in this village. :angry:

Anyway tomorrow looks more of interesting day, weather wise.

It shall raineth heavy and hard with thunder and hail at 3pm. \o/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Forecast is for dry weather with bright spells. Gloomy here with heavy drizzle. Very annoyed!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
13 hours ago, Daniel* said:

Welcome to the forum and the SE/EA weather 'club' @Gavin Plummer:)

Thanks Daniel, it's good to be back posting after some years away from the forum. I was unable to login to my previous account so decided to open a new one.

Anyway, the weather is not to bad here in Suffolk today. Dry, bright and feeling less Wintry than of late.

It's nice to see the Met Office showing UV 2 28th February>. I think I'll sit outside at midday for an hour midweek and see what happens. Although I'm sure 9/10 C won't feel particularly snug.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm spring days and summer thunderstorms

Top of the morning to you all. A Snug day by the fire with a brandy or two. Cloudy out with brighter peaks. wind light S.W. Temp 9c. Thats 48F. in old money. 3 Days to the start of Spring. It was lovely in the Sun on Friday. Sunset today 5.38, getting ever closer to the magic 6 o,clock.

Have a great day, I Can smell the roast beef cooking, yummy. Good Health to you all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

The vile wind is back, says 12C but feels freezing. Yuck! At least it's dry now.

Posted
19 minutes ago, Snipper said:

Get a greenhouse. Lovely and warm in there. 

Me too, no room to sit down in it at the moment as I'm storing all my pots in there for the winter. Bit more sun today would be nice, looks like rain coming soon.

Edited by stainesbloke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Absolutely chucking it down. What a beautiful sound.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Could be an interesting day's weather ahead for some locations, with heavy showers coming through and the potential for hail and thunder. The high res models show the far S and SE of the Region (Surrey, Sussex and Kent) likely to see the worst of the weather with rainfall accumulation typically around 12 - 13mm (half inch in old money) by 19.00 this evening. This is also the area that will see the strongest winds today. Lightest rain and winds in the N of the Region, particularly Lincs and Norfolk coastal areas.

Charts for rainfall accumulation up to 19.00:

Arpege 58b3dfdbb00e3_ArpegeCumPrecipMon27Feb19_00.thumb.png.4b3c908219044962e5ffec4bc6f2cbd7.png GFS 58b3dffd414fa_GFSCumPrecipMon27Feb19_00.thumb.GIF.e3220201ef0b6e1f7fe57497aedfde18.GIF Arome 58b3e0054fbe5_AromeCumPrecipMon27Feb19_00.thumb.png.f761c935eb6ee69de24503e6889097ec.png

Edited by Blessed Weather
  • Like 2

Posted

Morning All. Slight chill to the air in the breeze and a bit of drizzle. Winds due to pick up today and chilly overnight and some heavy rain due, as BW suggests, above.

Observations

Observed at 07:00, Monday 27 February

8°C 46°F

Cloudy

Wind Speed 14 km/h 9 mph Southerly

Humidity: 92%

Visibility: Very Good

Pressure: 994mb, Falling

Observation station: London

(Lat: 51.517 | Lon: -0.1)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

It is raining. I know this 'cos I just put out the recycling and my dead roses from valentines day.

The roses did well.

Edited by Dami

Posted

Top of the morning from Seaford East Sussex. Heavy rain shower here at the mo. Hopefully see some sun later. Good Health to you all.

Posted

Cold front moving through soon with some heavy bursts of rain.

Latest rainfall

Looking forward to potential convective thunderstorms later...... early afternoon.

Edited by Gavin Plummer

Posted

Very showery here with no sunshine as yet. Radar looks pretty wet for this afternoon. Ugh!

Posted

Big puddles but no flooding. Just grey and wet.

Posted

Had a few showers, drier now with a moderate S.W. breeze, a few brighter interludes. Sunset today 5.39. Good Health.

Posted

Shouldn't be to long now until the sunshine makes an appearance after what has been a really drab day with occasional outbreaks of rain.

Some heavy rain/showers moving into the west of the region now with clearer cold conditions prevailing for a brighter late afternoon.

Looks like most of the really heavy frequent showers buffeting Ireland and the southwest throughout the remainder of the day. Although I do hope to see a hail shower before the sun sets!

On a plus side the ground should dry out from here on in as the dew points take a nose dive towards freezing level.

Afternoon All -

signing off for winter now- SSW not quite delivering for here-

My rating for the winter 4/10

highlights- 3/4 consecutive nights sub -4c with a -5.6 thrown in

3-4 days of snow falling-

1 hour with snowcover.

The reason for this here is the height & the double whammy of the proximity to the thames- especially in a NE or N flow-

Anyway ive always jested about my house being sub sea level so as I was collecting a wheel in meopham today I installed a good altitude app on the blower

- for reference 

meopham stn 80M before you start going up more towards culverstone

istead rise 60M

bean village -70M ( top 90m )

greenhithe :( lol

IMG_3127.thumb.PNG.07b617b79f095f717ac663ec2de77da3.PNG

deffo moving lol.....

Speak soon :)

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

On my way to Manchester at the moment and we went through a heavy wet snow shower on the m6 that took everyone by surprise as it started laying . All gone now with the sun back out . Got soaked this morning getting off at east Croydon station and looking at the reports the showers have got heavier and in a couple of cases thundery . Enjoy guys .