Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 12/1/2017 11z ---->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything out of the ordinary, except extreme heat
3 hours ago, Katrine Basso said:

In South Ockendon, the lowest temperature we got was -4°C.  There is still is frost on the roofs and on the grass.

I still have frost in my back garden where the sun hasn't reached yet!

Posted

I reckon it will be colder tonight a brief warmer period on Friday, then very cold over weekend. I cant see the zonal stuff getting in.

i was in the shower last night at 9.30 when the electric went off. covered in shampoo in the dark.. was not fun! crawled around for a towel and a candle, but by midnight i was so cold had to go to my mums! power apparently came back on about 5.30am. had to defrost car this morning and would really love some snow to go with this cold!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
4 minutes ago, madmunch said:

i was in the shower last night at 9.30 when the electric went off. covered in shampoo in the dark.. was not fun! crawled around for a towel and a candle, but by midnight i was so cold had to go to my mums! power apparently came back on about 5.30am. had to defrost car this morning and would really love some snow to go with this cold!

Get yourself one of those powerful torches :good:Sadly no snow this month. In fact no weather either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, madmunch said:

No Iphone light ....!?

Edited by Steve Murr
  • Like 2

Posted
9 hours ago, Blessed Weather said:

Good effort! Quick, give Carol a call and tell her to swop out Gravesend for Cantebury at the top of her leader board! :)

Temps Wed 18Jan.jpg

Min got down to -5.9C in my back garden.

EDIT: Carol has just put up a revised leader board and top is Frittenden in Kent at -7C.

On the local news Kate Kinsella also reported -7C at the sew.jpgFrittenden treacle mining station. Don't think tonight will be so cold.. Just sub zero again, though frost hasn't gone at all

Edited by crazysnowcatz4
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

all the ice has gone here, but fear not, brought some stuffs for when it starts to get warmer, some t-shirts and light jumpers and shoes. So it will now snow.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow winter. Hot hot summers

This time yesterday it was -0.3c here at 5.43pm today same time it's -1.2c !! Is it going to be colder tonight??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm spring days and summer thunderstorms

Another sub zero night in Seaford East Sussex, frost has not cleared all day in the shade. It has gone chilly. But hopefully another cracking day Thursday. Good Health to you all.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Forecast has changed a lot in recent days . Nice cold weather.

only the weather gods could give Barcelona snow and not us .

• Like 2

Posted

Coldest night of the winter here if not certainly up there a very hard frost to greet the new day. Great winter weather second to snow on the ground. Into the mod thread I go. :p 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A cloudier day here today as the gunk further north has slowly moved southwards again. 

Posted

Always lurking, never posting!  But this is the view of the pool from our apartment in Javea (Costa Blanca).  This was taken early this morning, 4 inches I was told and they've had a lot more since.  We had talked about going over there this weekend but not got round to booking!!

16114849_10154942541809399_7299473937140972183_n.jpg

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
59 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Always lurking, never posting!  But this is the view of the pool from our apartment in Javea (Costa Blanca).  This was taken early this morning, 4 inches I was told and they've had a lot more since.  We had talked about going over there this weekend but not got round to booking!!

16114849_10154942541809399_7299473937140972183_n.jpg

2nd post:good:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

peeped out the window. saw the peeping fog and peeping frost and thought peep that.

peep.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

The temperature is -1.9 °C with a wind chill factor of -4.2 °C. Another lovely frosty morning. That makes about the 11th frosty morning of the winter so far in Thurrock.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers
1 hour ago, Katrine Basso said:

The temperature is -1.9 °C with a wind chill factor of -4.2 °C. Another lovely frosty morning. That makes about the 11th frosty morning of the winter so far in Thurrock.

I wish I had kept a record of the number of frosts here this winter. At a guess it must be one of the highest totals for many years.

So yet another very frosty morning here after an overnight min of -4.4C. Carol's leader board has Farnborough at the top this morning with -5C.

The dry, frosty weather sees the continuation of the drought for most in our Region though, despite the wet day last week. This from the Met Office yesterday:

Rainfall Anom 1st to 15th Jan 2017 tweet.jpg

• Like 3