Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 12/1/2017 11z ---->

A.J

Posted

-1.0C here at 06.30, just looked at 7.10 and it's at 0C, nice sunrise over the lakes at the rear of my house.

Beautiful out yesterday, calm and relatively warm in the sun, much nicer than the usual drab January's we often get

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Make the most of the harsh frosts, because the Atlantic is ready and waiting next week, looks like the rest of January and early Feb will be wet, mild and windy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Another lovely Crisp frosty morning. The met office was forecasting a minimum temperature of -3 in the region last night and we saw a -7 now that is some difference . It seems to me they are really struggling with this cold spell .

Posted

Bottomed out at -4.8c a little while ago here. This has to be the longest run of sub zero nights for a long time in these parts. Impressive. Not so good for the boys football match tomorrow though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow winter. Hot hot summers

Wow -6.8c this morning !! Was not expecting that

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

I dont believe we will be wet and windy and mild. It may be milder but reading into MO forecast I dont think there will be much rain, unless we get the hanging front scenario. 

Also the MO did not forecast very well this weeks weather,  it has remained frosty every night and sunny every day bar one since last weekend.

Longest period of day to day frosts since 2013 spring, so all in all a pretty dam good spell of cold weather. 
I just wished we had more of them, its normally so frustrating looking across into Europe and seeing blue skies when we have to put up with dank dull mild.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Well after a clear and frosty night the cloud is back here, this will stick for the north of the region until the winds back more southerly and hence push this back north again.

As some have mentioned, tomorrow looks to start on a very cold note

arpegeuk-41-31-0.png?21-05

-4C to -6C widely so a -10C could be possible. Sharp frosts forecast well into next week as well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Not quite so cold here with a min of -3.9C. I suspect the minimum was pegged back by the thin cloud cover that moved into East Anglia overnight (but now breaking up here).

Cloud cover 08.30 Cloud Cover Sat21Jan 08.30.jpg

But as per the Captain's post above, Arpege shows the cloud expected to move north during the day, clearing the Region by this evening and then skies remaining clear all night. So another hard frost on the way. Charts for 09.00 this morning, 17.00 this pm, mid-night and 06.00 Sunday:

Arpege Cloud Cover Sat21Jan 09.00.pngArpege Cloud Cover Sat21Jan 17.00.pngArpege Cloud Cover Sun22Jan 00.00.pngArpege Cloud Cover Sun22Jan 06.00.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely
1 hour ago, seaside 60 said:

I dont believe we will be wet and windy and mild. It may be milder but reading into MO forecast I dont think there will be much rain, unless we get the hanging front scenario. 

Also the MO did not forecast very well this weeks weather,  it has remained frosty every night and sunny every day bar one since last weekend.

Longest period of day to day frosts since 2013 spring, so all in all a pretty dam good spell of cold weather. 
I just wished we had more of them, its normally so frustrating looking across into Europe and seeing blue skies when we have to put up with dank dull mild.

My friend lives in Budapest he has seen little if no rain sinc mid November, nights temps have been below freezing ever since becoming very severe as 2017 has gone alone, however not seen hardly a flake of ❄️. But have had lovey very cold days!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

Current temp here in mid Norfolk +3 cloud cover spoiling the day today. I see some last week have had some mega frosts. Lowest I recorded was -3.4c which was Wednesday night. Nothing really cold. This must be due to the North Sea being still too warm? 

Edited by slater

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

What an 'orrible day! Cloudy, dampish, 5C, and a nagging 7 mph easterly wind...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Cloud breaking here and sunny. Looks spring like now and not  autumn like, like this morning morning. Doesn't feel very spring like. 

My twitter feed has been showing storms of the thundery sort in the U.S as well as snow in places. Makes me excited for my couple of storms i'd get hopefully this summer.

Kinda fed up chasing snow that doesn't want to happen.

Roll on April. 

Edited by Dami

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow winter. Hot hot summers

3,4c here ! Coldest day of the week

Posted

This 'hithe' is a lot more tropical than Greenhithe especially at the night which escapes UHI minimum -2C here another good frost for this part of London, the number of air (frosts) must be running way above the average, cold still currently 3C with bright winter sunshine. I imagine if snow was on the ground -10C would have been achievable in many places across our region, we need a proper snow event or two no marginality and then I'd be overall very happy with winter 16/17 - will be interesting to see the knock on effects of the stratospheric warming or potential SSW it does look quite meaty, backloaded winter the irony. :wink: 

• Like 1