Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/2017 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted

I chose to delete my post for some reason it would not let me edit my post, with hindsight talk of flaming June with a happy face doesn't sound appropriate one bit following the awful fire which took so many lives. The essence of the post was that Arpege ‘underdone’ it today therefore you can add a degree or two AROME did very well. Sun/Mon I would not rule out it topping off between 32-34C. 

ECM is baking hot with the heat climaxing on Thursday. :oops:

Turning fresher by the weekend perfect too much of this hot weather is quite draining on us Londoners however it’s not set. We may see a reload of hot air from near continent which is already hot I too feel next week we may see June maxima record go 36.1C is my punt. 

IMG_2663.thumb.JPG.edea14c08055da86664447af86de1d27.JPGV realityIMG_2662.thumb.JPG.c658d1818e583ae3f379f91d4c7d1f3f.JPG

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Still 26C here at 21:47, will need the fan on tonight, methinks!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
28 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Still 26C here at 21:47, will need the fan on tonight, methinks!

We've got winter night syndrome here - down to 19C here lol.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
2 hours ago, MP-R said:

We've got winter night syndrome here - down to 19C here lol.

just four degrees higher than last december

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Good morning

Well a glorious start to the day and it looks to be a hot Sunday, alas someone has to work as they are training someone to work a Sunday to Thursday shift and I drew the short straw this time. Well here is the arpege temperatures from the 00z.

arpegeuk-41-15-0.png?18-06

31C in London, 30C possible outside the capitol and to be honest the metoffice's 32C looks very possible.

Monday still looking hotter for us.

arpegeuk-41-38-0.png?18-06

30/31C widespread across central/southern England. Temperatures will fall away a bit over East Anglia and Kent during Tuesday and Wednesday but I suspect London westwards could get close to 30C on both days, just cooler in the east due to an onshore breeze though cloud amounts look rather limited to whatever is left on that front moving south over the coming days.

20C already here and higher in London, it is going to be a scorcher.

Edited by Captain Shortwave
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Yes a scorcher for London today with 32c a strong possibility.

Expect the usual cloud build up come midday with even Helen Willets just now mentioning a small chance of a late afternoon storm across our region. 

Hope everyone has a good Sunday 

• Like 1

Heathrow I think will crown it today. Also over the next few days including Monday and Tuesday. Already 20c at half 6 in the morning. In fact it did not fall past 20c all night with it still being 21c at midnight last night.. 

Next week looks stunning.. But it you don't like heat this not going to be the week for you 

Personally today I will be surprised to see any storms crop up. There will be a serious cap to break through and a lot of dry air. Going to need a decent convergence zone to set up. This looks to be over North London and Norfolk. So no storms from North London south. 

Euro4 having non of it and says no to storms although has a really rough return over Norfolk. 

Edited by Surrey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Crikey...at 8 a.m. it was already up to 23C!:shok:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

A blanket of cloud has now enveloped this part of Hertfordshire 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Great to be able to enjoy some 'outside living' for a few days and enjoy meals and drinks relaxing in the garden. Breakfast outside this morning and already 22.5C. :)

There's lots of swifts around here and it's wonderful to be able to sit out late into the evening watching them relaxing at the end of the their day by playing 'chase me' as they perform acrobatics around the houses, screeching in excitement. Sadly no house martins have appeared this year - and it's the first time in 30 years that I've not had one nest under the eaves of my house. :(

As Ben mentions above, the BBC/Met Office now mentioning the outside chance of a thundery shower for East Anglia. Arpege seems to think if it does happen it will be around the Norwich area and has shown it there for the last few days of output:

Friday's chart 59462e268fded_ArpegePrecipSun18Jun16_00.thumb.png.095a0275046cf4ec408751fa5168301c.png And this morning's 59462e2b9fbf9_ArpegePrecipSun18Jun18_00.thumb.png.81f2edda2c300c37e76168dbc782afad.png

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ben Lewis said:

A blanket of cloud has now enveloped this part of Hertfordshire 

Should burn back, was near me this morning 

Screenshot_20170618-084847.thumb.png.59515c4c5ef79848137f864e9f595a9e.pngScreenshot_20170618-084853.thumb.png.8cb1bbed88991a566191c8e97be8ca92.png

@Blessed Weather. Saw swifts this morning we have a family of them near by I think see maybe 5-10 at once sometimes. I'm very lucky to have a lake at the end of my garden we have a Swan family at the moment:

DSC_0066.thumb.JPG.f8a9e48a4226725f0913611725bf15ba.JPG

Lots of wildlife and birds. The only issue is if you don't bathe in insect spray before going out,you can guarantee coming inside and running for the after bite.

Seen lots of stag beetles around too which is quite early for them I think. 

Edited by Surrey
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
27 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Should burn back, was near me this morning 

Screenshot_20170618-084847.thumb.png.59515c4c5ef79848137f864e9f595a9e.pngScreenshot_20170618-084853.thumb.png.8cb1bbed88991a566191c8e97be8ca92.png

That patch of cloud is a bit odd?! Seems to be moving away to the W though. Otherwise, a very warm start here, 24C currently, with hardly any wind. Lovely :)

12 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

That patch of cloud is a bit odd?! Seems to be moving away to the W though. Otherwise, a very warm start here, 24C currently, with hardly any wind. Lovely :)

Yep, moving on out the way can see a little instability popping way up high showing that the atmosphere is juicy or getting there, will need a trigger for storms which now according to all the high res this morning will be more Norfolk way 

Can't belive how warm it is before 10am reminds me of being in Tunisia 

DSC_0074.thumb.JPG.4895b615f92eef1ea5863857c76c65ae.JPG

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

Its showing Norwich at 27c already..........

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

27 here, too. That's a 4C rise since 7:30!

• Like 1

Posted

27C here too now, that temperature is rocketing! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

5b59906d7fcbeaceea3e76aac2b492ba9e73a8c1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.
6 minutes ago, Surrey said:

28c here now before 11am that's insane 

No thats hot hot hot.

Why is it that we don't get the 22-25c days on end like the old days.

Why is it that it always goes to 30c when the weather is good, its always more on the extreme side.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.
3 minutes ago, Surrey said:

28c here now before 11am that's insane 

Is that an official air temperature report or one in the sun?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Looks like some developments to our south. Could be just fair weather but it looks a bit more than that . Pictures don't seem to show the detail.

IMG_7564.JPG

IMG_7566.JPG