Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Reports - Tuesday 24th August 2004

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Had a T-storm around 4pm with heavy downpours - though no hail. Occasional thunder to start with, but the storm intensified as it moved away east with flashes every minute, good cg seen over Chelmsford at the time :D .

Posted

Looks like something's passing just to the south of us, here in Watford. Anything in London, right now?

Posted

Hey all

we had a thunder storm here about an hour ago, my god was it loud!! :shock: :shock:

heavy rain too (just what we need!) :):D:D

I've got a nice picture (video still, is that cheating?) but I don't know what to do with it. I could send it to someone via email if they can help. Managed to get the video camera to work this time round! and it had tape in it. :):D woo hoo!!!

sas

Posted

4 Huge storms passed over Portsmouth, shame I was unable to enjoy them because of work.

3 of them followed each other, with about a 15 minuet gap between each dumping loads of rain. They started about 11:30 and finished at 14:30

Posted

Oh, with all that excitement of 4 storms today I forgot that I was woke at about 3am by thunder and lightning. So in all a great day

Posted

Had thunder and lightning earlier in the day here, but I was in Cheadle and only got heavy rain. Mum said my strike alert was going barmy all day!

Posted

:shock: Tonight has got to be one of my worst/scariest journeys home.

Heavy rain from another storm made the roads extreamly flooded with water, mud and stones.

At one point I had to slow right down as the rain was so heavy I could not make out the road or anyone on it :? :shock:

I'm just glad I have a diesel car, cos some of the water I've had to drive through tonight would have stalled a petrol car

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

couldn't get to make a report yesterday, as i had no phoneline. Had 2 very nice storms yesterday afternoon though, second one was better than the first, very bright lightning and intense crashes of thunder that shook the house. Was a very nice display :D

Posted

wahey... nice storm this a way. torrential rain thunder, dunno about lightning cant go out. waiting for delivery.

Posted
wahey... nice storm this a way. torrential rain thunder, dunno about lightning cant go out. waiting for delivery.

Have had a similar report from a friend in west Huddersfield. Has heard thunder a few times in the last hour.