Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 19/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
4 minutes ago, matt111 said:

Really?? :shok:

Just rain here as far as I can tell. 

I’m pretty myths to be honest... I can only presume it’s because upper air is cooling?

ground temps of 5.5c so I’m baffled 

only temporary bafflement because just rain again now 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

After a damp start here, the mist is clearing and it seems to be brightening up. 

Posted

Saturdays is usually the best day of the week in the Mod Thread. You will get good analysis from top posters after about 11am when everyone has gone out for the day, until roughly when the 12z are rolling out. 

Posted
4 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

No snow for any of us next week then going by the warnings. Good job I didn't get excited. 

Anyone know of a good weather station to buy under £50? 

Might be able to pick up a 2nd hand Oregon scientific on eBay for that price. Mine was £150 new but they have been updated since that, and I’ve seen a few going cheap.

this one is what I’ve got. Good station!

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Oregon-Scientific-WMR89-Wireless-Pro-Weather-Station/332535706797?epid=1943461933&hash=item4d6cac34ad:g:cSgAAOSwJ71aXeAl

ive booked mine up to a Raspberry pi so I can have it on Wunderground as well. Wasn’t difficult, mainly because @Mapantz helped me a lot! 

Edited by karlos1983
  • Like 1

Posted
15 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

Might be able to pick up a 2nd hand Oregon scientific on eBay for that price. Mine was £150 new but they have been updated since that, and I’ve seen a few going cheap.

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Oregon-Scientific-WMR89-Wireless-Pro-Weather-Station/332535706797?epid=1943461933&hash=item4d6cac34ad:g:cSgAAOSwJ71aXeAl

ive booked mine up to a Raspberry pi so I can have it on Wunderground as well. Wasn’t difficult, mainly because @Mapantz helped me a lot! 

Thanks mate. I'm only an amateur lol so just want the basics like temperature and dew point etc. Not too fussed on the wind speed unless it's blowing snow over.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Light sleet just started here. :hi:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Fine rain and rather Grey here. Misty hilltops. 5.3c. 

Posted
1 hour ago, karlos1983 said:

Could something like this be hooked up to the software like on the Winchester site?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Dry here 4.9c. Complete forecast failure here supposed to have 12 hours of rain as of last night. Just shows predicting weather at any range is challenging. Don't hold much expectations on Tuesday. Down to just 2 really cold days here now Monday and Tuesday top temps 1c. Up to 7c by Thursday :fool:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

A rather balmy 6.3c dew 5.6c dull and damp 

Posted
6 minutes ago, festivalking said:

Dry here 4.9c. Complete forecast failure here supposed to have 12 hours of rain as of last night. Just shows predicting weather at any range is challenging. Don't hold much expectations on Tuesday. Down to just 2 really cold days here now Monday and Tuesday top temps 1c. Up to 7c by Thursday :fool:

Huge difference in just a short distance my highest projected temperature is sunday at 4c and then second is friday at 3c

I wonder if the decaying front might produce a few surprises as it clears late in night if any intensity peps up in places?

Edited by Nights King

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Need a dry day now to dry the land a bit.. mind you, it would take one hell of a wind to dry things out right now! Hopefully this is the last of the mildish murk we will see for a few days. Tomorrow looks sunny I believe?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low
9 minutes ago, Nights King said:

Huge difference in just a short distance my highest projected temperature is sunday at 4c and then second is friday at 3c

I wonder if the decaying front might produce a few surprises as it clears late in night if any intensity peps up in places?

Never know. Only saving grace is that when they predict snow it doesn't happen and when they don't it usually does...

Edited by festivalking

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

That's the 5th weekend day in a row that has been cloudy and wet. The only difference  between all 5 day's is the degree of how wet each day has been :nonono:

Posted
8 hours ago, karlos1983 said:

Yes we are :p 

:rofl:

4C and miserable drizzle all day. But I knew that'd happen. Who needs the mod thread except for the LOLZ. Wonder when they'll start predicting the first summer storm?:rofl:

• Like 1

Posted
5 hours ago, Nights King said:

Yes I remember even in here people saying nothing marginal whatsoever with snow chances abound..:80:

Could still yet end up with a decent snow event for region but I think its unlikely. 

Todays weather is yet again wet and cold but nothing else. 3.0c with drizzle

To be honest, at the present time I'd happily take a few bitterly cold, dry, sunny days (with some frosts at night) instead of all this grey, damp rubbish. In any case, always very difficult to get anything in the way of snow down here on the south coast so always keep the expectation levels realistic. It'd be nice though if those further inland saw a decent snow event before winter's done for 2017/18. 

• Like 1

Posted

I know this SSW is going to give us a good chance of late February snow....but the one thing it almost guarantees is a horrendous early spring! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Dull and wet for most of the day with mostly light rain. 

4 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

I know this SSW is going to give us a good chance of late February snow....but the one thing it almost guarantees is a horrendous early spring! 

Would it be worth it if it delivered snow?

Posted
1 minute ago, matt111 said:

Dull and wet for most of the day with mostly light rain. 

Would it be worth it if it delivered snow?

hell yeees :D:cold-emoji:

• Like 1