Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 21/05/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Actually had quite a bit of rain since the post above. Now up to 7.2mm. 

Posted
On 22/11/2018 at 23:35, jethro said:

Don't know about Saturday but it's currently raining here. I'm about 3 miles from Midsomer Norton, also hoping for a dry weekend, got some more concrete laying to do.

I do hope it wasn't too wet for your concrete laying? It was pretty wet for the drive across Salisbury Plain with plenty of soaked roads, but it just about cleared at my mother's. With grey skies and temperature of 6 degrees it was nice to walk into a warm kitchen with stew and dumplings to greet us after the drive from south west London. Wells market was damp, grey and cold, so I appeciated the hat I bought in the indoor market; it was all very seasonal and lovely. 312554301_Wellsmoat.thumb.jpg.80fde29cb6c49de5588dc511aef28357.jpg

• Like 1

Posted

Morning All, as predicted the rain has finally stopped, still overcast and the temperature flatlined overnight at 5.9C, RH93%. Possible sun breaking through today, maybe..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Much brighter this morning than yesterday was with plenty of sun with the occasional cloudier spell. 8.4°C

Posted

Ok so looking towards a very wet and windy week, currently Temp: 4.5 °C....Dew Point: 2.8 °C, could the last of these sorts of temps for a while, suggestion look towards mid December before any potential cold..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

A funny ol' day, today. Lot's of cloud, but bright with some sunny spells at times. Temp reached 9.2°C

Certainly a lot of weather to be had this coming week!

• Like 1

Posted

Yes @Mapantz I'd rather it was cold but that's not happening yet, so if it can't be cold I'd happily take a storm or two. 

Sunnier than I thought it would be here today with lengthy sunny spells. Reached 9.4°C

Although this cold spell is on the way out (probably until mid-December) there has been some local interest in terms of some of us seeing some early snowfall (albeit very briefly).  Just a few flakes down here but for the third time this "winter" (half of the year) we've seen close to the lowest minimum temps in England. Central and south Devon managed the lowest values in that October cold snap. Just now Exeter and Exmouth dropped below 0c. Some of you just north of Exeter may have managed below -1.5c.  These are not exceptional values (October was) but it is quite rare for coastal regions of the south west to see the lowest countrywide temps. Even rarer for so early in the winter with SSTs still around 14c. As in October, we've had clearer skies and much lighter winds than further north east and crucially these have been "off shore" with a gentle drift from the east north east.  David  

t1.thumb.PNG.c2253636848b44bdbb00d0f21d239661.PNG    tempresult_rrb6.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Morning, fairly benign start to the day here, very grey with 100% cloud cover, (feels like it's been grey forever) not particularly cold either. Not looking forward to the forecast weather this week but keeping everything crossed it all blows through before next weekend. Wet and windy up here on the Mendips can be pretty grim.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Time this 'cold spell' (and I use that term very loosely) came to an end. It never really got going, I only registered one frost and no days below 5C.

Perhaps better luck into December for the first proper cold spell.

Posted

Morning All, an overnight low of 2.5 °C is climbing slowly in the clear wall to wall blue skies we have this morning. Oh what a difference a day will make, as tomorrow & weds are looking more autumnal.

Posted

Blue skies all day and feeling quite pleasant with a lighter breeze than recently. All change tomorrow though.

Posted

To add to the last post it reached 8.9°C.

Posted

Good afternoon!

Not a bad day. The sun came out around 10am but started to turn hazy and cloudy by around half 2. Temp 9.4°C

It's supposed to be down to -1-ish tonight, with fog.

Posted

Already down to 4.6°C, looking like a frost for the last time in this cooler spell tonight. 

Posted

Just above 0C out there at the moment. Funny how the temperature has dropped fastest on the last night of the 'cold spell' here.

Posted

Morning All, after an overnight low of -1.1 °C the temperatures are beginning to climb as the rain nears the area, currently Temp: 0.0 °C with a Dew Point: -1.0 °C

Posted

It was -1.2c earlier and I noticed precipitation approaching on the radar. It started raining at -0.4c! Interest ended there!

Now above 1c and grim. Thank goodness yesterday was so glorious.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Morning all, wet here after an earlier frosty start.

Was in Bath last night, came home about midnight, it was +4c in the city centre but -0.5 at home, amazing how much difference the city scape makes to temperatures. Was also foggy here in the Mendips, strangely though the quite thick fog was floating above the ground on the roads but not in the fields, it was like the tall Somerset hedges had stopped it dropping lower, it was like driving through misty tunnels. Odd.

Posted

After an earlier minimum of -1.4C, making it the second coldest night of the month, the temperature has rapidly risen this morning from 5C at 9am to 7.5C now.

Posted

Got down to -1.7°C this morning. Becoming quite wet & windy now. This morning's frost has weakened the last leaves on the Wisteria and now they're showering everywhere.

In Poole at the moment, pretty grim.

Posted

After a low of -0.4°C last night meaning I finally had an air frost this month. Wet and windy now. 8.9°C