Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

V8 Radar

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Hi Paul

Yep - They have been working on both my phone and PC simultaneously. It looks to be fixed!  

• Like 1

Posted
On 09/05/2022 at 21:37, Mapantz said:

Hi Paul

Yep - They have been working on both my phone and PC simultaneously. It looks to be fixed!  

Excellent

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted

A few more radar updates to share today. 

Firstly, there's the top 10 current weather overlays - these allow you to display the top 10 temperatures (max and min), wind speeds (gusts and mean) + rainfall totals (from ~1800 gauges around the country). 

radar3.png radar2.png

Plus, we've also added CAPE UKV overlays (MUCAPE, SBCAPE and MLCAPE). 

radar1.png

Also, there's a new wind direction UKV overlay, which has the wind arrows but no speed overlay, for those who'd prefer a clearer view of the precipitation when using them. Thanks to @Dorsetbred for the suggestion. 

To view all of these new options, please refresh the page, restart the app, or follow the prompt to update when it appears. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, excitement of snow, a hoolie
1 hour ago, Paul said:

A few more radar updates to share today. 

Firstly, there's the top 10 current weather overlays - these allow you to display the top 10 temperatures (max and min), wind speeds (gusts and mean) + rainfall totals (from ~1800 gauges around the country). 

radar3.png radar2.png

Plus, we've also added CAPE UKV overlays (MUCAPE, SBCAPE and MLCAPE). 

radar1.png

Also, there's a new wind direction UKV overlay, which has the wind arrows but no speed overlay, for those who'd prefer a clearer view of the precipitation when using them. Thanks to @Dorsetbred for the suggestion. 

To view all of these new options, please refresh the page, restart the app, or follow the prompt to update when it appears. 

Nice today with the front from the west 

0609radartopten.png

Posted

Could the android app have more background options? It's the dark grey one I use but it's not available on the app.

Posted
On 11/06/2022 at 12:29, Tim said:

Could the android app have more background options? It's the dark grey one I use but it's not available on the app.

The original Android app is only being maintained as a legacy option now, as the V8 radar is installable as an app, so I'd recommend changing over to that for the full feature set.

Just follow the on-screen prompts or choose save to homepage/install from the browser menu to install it as an app on your device.

SUPPORT.GOOGLE.COM

You can use progressive web apps (PWAs) for a fast web experience on your computer or mobile device. You can install the PWA for faster access and additional functionality, such as...

Posted
22 minutes ago, Paul said:

The original Android app is only being maintained as a legacy option now, as the V8 radar is installable as an app, so I'd recommend changing over to that for the full feature set.

Just follow the on-screen prompts or choose save to homepage/install from the browser menu to install it as an app on your device.

SUPPORT.GOOGLE.COM

You can use progressive web apps (PWAs) for a fast web experience on your computer or mobile device. You can install the PWA for faster access and additional functionality...

For a while now I've never had a device that has had an option to download it. My preference would be to have it as an app on my Car's android head unit but no matter what browser I've used there's never been a download option. Also if I remember rightly when I was able to download it onto previous devices it just simply opened up a webpage which really didn't seem very app like as you'd have to log in again etc.

Posted

@TimThe option will be there if you open in Chrome on the vast majority of android devices. Not too sure about android auto type stuff or custom android head units though tbh. On chrome, if you click the settings dots top right, there should be an 'install app' option about 2/3 of the way down. 

Posted
3 minutes ago, Paul said:

@TimThe option will be there if you open in Chrome on the vast majority of android devices. Not too sure about android auto type stuff or custom android head units though tbh. On chrome, if you click the settings dots top right, there should be an 'install app' option about 2/3 of the way down. 

That's all I can see

Screenshot_2022-06-11-13-21-27-18_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Posted
On 11/06/2022 at 13:22, Tim said:

That's all I can see

Screenshot_2022-06-11-13-21-27-18_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

You already have it installed by the looks of it - as it has the option to 'open radar extra' on there. The icon for it should be in amongst the rest of your apps. (Labelled radar extra) with this icon:

Screenshot 2022-06-11 13.26.24.png

Posted
On 11/06/2022 at 14:09, Paul said:

You already have it installed by the looks of it - as it has the option to 'open radar extra' on there. The icon for it should be in amongst the rest of your apps. (Labelled radar extra) with this icon:

Screenshot 2022-06-11 13.26.24.png

Ah that was it, I was looking under N for Netweather Radar for the app, yes it is there just as Radar extra.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
Posted

Nice update gone live on the V8 radar today - there's now a 'Nowcast' option in the display settings menu, which will automatically update the radar to 'now' every 5 minutes, using the 500m predictive radar. 

image.png

Also, this winter, we introduced a major upgrade to our precipitation type. Upgrading it to 500m resolution, adding a new height mapping to the same resolution and updating a number of the algorithms. including better precipitation rate feedback to take evaporative cooling into account. This is the old one over Scotland last week:

Screenshot 2024-02-29 08.35.37.png

And the new one five minutes later:

Screenshot 2024-02-29 08.35.49.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Paul I love seeing the NW radar gain new and improved features over time! Thanks for the work, still the best UK radar on the  interwebs!

• Like 2

Hi,

have you seen my email from myself saying that Shannon Radar is now

back fully online and wondering why you are not receiving the data from the radar site which covers the west of Ireland,

many thanks,

Alan

Posted

Hi Alan, we're just waiting on the latest from the Met Office as to when it'll be re-added to the composite data. They initially said it would be Feb, but obviously, that's been and gone, so we've chased and await a response. I don't know why it's taking so long for them to sort it to be honest - I'll pass on whatever they say as soon as we have it. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow during Winter, Thunder during Summer.

Is there anyway to turn off Nowcast on rain radar?

I have  the little switch turned off, but still it its not useful at all.

This has been here for a long time, just forward the arrows on the timeline, with downgraded ppn forecast?

Also in low resloution too.

Auto update itself, not good for the ones with data limit.

The 5 min pickup, then the reload to full resloution is clear thats good but nowcast very is poor, having to reload, or backtrack a frame time by time.

Example now yet, but still with the button turned off It keeps updating - when or if some convective cells happen in the UK - This will hit and miss.

Upgrade Please, Live GPS live lighting track (on rain radar, we pay for it,

Ingore my tyops, i cant speleel 🙂

Screenshot 2024-03-09 at 04-25-27 Netweather Extra.png

Screenshot 2024-03-09 at 04-26-12 Netweather Extra.png

Edited by LeeKay/
Lightning radars leela, overlay needs a look upon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow during Winter, Thunder during Summer.

I dont want AI updates, we need (real time, you know)

Posted

LeeKay/ When the nowcast is switched off, it shouldn't auto update to use that, it should just update as usual to the latest 'live' radar. Are you seeing something different? Also does clicking the 'latest' button take you to the latest live time or the latest nowcast time?

In terms of real time updates of actual radar, that's not possible in the UK at the moment. Once we receive data from the metoffice we process and get in on the screen within around 20 seconds. 

Posted

I think I've spotted a bug which may cause the behaviour you're describing above @LeeKay/ - we should get that resolved on Monday. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunderstorms /winter storms and blizzards.

Hi Paul I think netweather radar is the best one not saying others are bad plus u have lightning archives which is great and also u have radar v7 and v4 if u want go back in time all for the same price. Everything will have glitches when u upgrade and people complain but I think it great keep up the good work 👍 

Edited by Robert1981
  • Like 1

Posted

We've pushed an update live this morning which should clear the bug which was causing nowcast data to be shown briefly ahead of actual radar updates even if the nowcast option was switched off 🙂 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

alan.duckers

The Shannon Radar should be re-added to the composite data by late April, whilst it's now operational additional data for calibration is still required, there are also an additional 5 radars being put up.

So, hopefully by the end of April the dark spot across southern Ireland will be gone & we'll have a fully functional radar system again.

• Like 1