Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/01/2020 Onward

Mapantz

Posted

18.1c and hazy sun/gusty Southerly wind ahead of the cold front. Almost an identical set up to those heat bursts last summer.

I’ve heard of mares tails (Cirrus) but here are some whales tails!

DCB408A3-137D-4ED5-9E14-9228F0A40669.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted

Lovely morning until the band of cloud ahead of the front perched right over us killing the temperature rise..still only 13.8°C

image.thumb.png.80c0e2222945a86e965ed151f26d78b7.png

image.thumb.png.45e0f3a9459e69ea26dae610bfdc6f89.png

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Sunny with blue skies until not long ago when it turned hazy. It’s been quite warm but the breeze is taking the edge off the temperature a bit, especially since the cloud arrived. 13.8°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

B0E35E42-8578-414C-912F-E102EB69747F.thumb.jpeg.b68de7c2e86c47c3e5c29f49875a37ff.jpeg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic Storms, Thunder & Lightning, Snow.

Sunny, blue skies and 16 deg, quite windy today! :unsure2:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Finally got all of my new electrics done and added my new pond pump which runs alongside a new filter to add to the other two. The new pump has a waterproof controller which screws to the wall and shows the wattage of the pump. You can adjust the wattage up or down to set your flow around the filters. I have it set at  60 watts and it's feeding 3 filters and a waterfall with loads of flow. It's shifting more water than my old pump did at 150 watts. I can up the power to 180 watts which pushes out 20,000 litres an hour, but I think that'll be a bit much?! Very happy to be getting great flow by using less power - my bit for the environment.

Temp is at 16.9°C here under milky skies.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Brushed 20C here just before cloud blocked the sun and it fell back to 18C.

Posted
48 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Finally got all of my new electrics done and added my new pond pump which runs alongside a new filter to add to the other two. The new pump has a waterproof controller which screws to the wall and shows the wattage of the pump. You can adjust the wattage up or down to set your flow around the filters. I have it set at  60 watts and it's feeding 3 filters and a waterfall with loads of flow. It's shifting more water than my old pump did at 150 watts. I can up the power to 180 watts which pushes out 20,000 litres an hour, but I think that'll be a bit much?! Very happy to be getting great flow by using less power - my bit for the environment.

Temp is at 16.9°C here under milky skies.

Wow, 20000ltrs/hr that's one heck of a flow, even for a garden pond, I know when I had mine, you have to take in to account the height of water, as the pump flow diminishes rapidly, if you have a high waterfall. I notice the microclimate is doing well today sheltered from the onshore breeze..

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Got to 20.6°C very briefly at: 15:09..

Currently 18.7°C

Posted

Bestr we could do here was 16.6°C at: 16:47

Now the question is, do I hose my back yard down tonight or do I rely upon the rainb tonorrow to clean it for me..?

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted

MO gives me 4 hours 'heavy rain' early AM... and heavy rain usually means a mere drizzle. We shall see. 

Anyways, looking at the latest model runs, it's not good for garden prospects. A little bit of a blip next weekend and then high pressure returns. 

I will not complain after the dire autumn/winter, but I feel for the plants

Edited by CheesepuffScott

Posted
3 hours ago, Dorsetbred said:

Wow, 20000ltrs/hr that's one heck of a flow, even for a garden pond, I know when I had mine, you have to take in to account the height of water, as the pump flow diminishes rapidly, if you have a high waterfall. I notice the microclimate is doing well today sheltered from the onshore breeze..

A slow burner for temps today 18.1°C at 4:48pm. When the wind increased around 7pm, there was a small surge in temps again, going from 15.5°C to 17.1°C.

Here's the totals for overnight's deluge:

viewimage.thumb.png.a41133806bc6ab751179086f6039a982.png

Edited by Mapantz

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Took my one period of exercise to coincide with the sunset this evening.  Cloud on the front spoiled it somewhat, but better than nothing.

946984964_P1040908(800x600).thumb.jpg.c9d4458429e6774e356d938c20bf4ba6.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Stayed hazy for the rest of the day, interestingly the high here wasn't until 6pm after the breeze finally dropped. Reached 16.4°C, currently 13.3°C

Posted

3mm woo, exciting..

Anywho, just been to take the washing in before heading to bed and despite the gusty wind, it feels rather mild out there.. the temperature has levelled out at 13.5°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Temperature been holding up well. Was still 15.5C until half an hour ago but rain has arrived since with a subsequent cooling.

Posted

Good morning, it’s an overcast, damp and mild start after rain overnight.. currently 9.8°C which is the low

Posted

What a lovely weekend of sunshine.
Got to 14.7°C and 15.5°C Sat and Sun and was still 15.2°C at midnight.
A low of 11.4°C at 7am, now 12.4°C
WSW 10-12mph winds.
We had our first rain that registered in the rain meter since March 14th between 4am and 5am, 0.4mm.

Posted

Sunny spells now with a breeze from the west. 14.7°C

Posted

Low of 10.4°C here, 2.9mm rain and a sunny day with some fair weather cumulus bubbling up in the last hour.  Currently 16.3°C.

Posted

2mm of rain overnight. Mostly sunny today with a high of 16.3°C.

I don't like the look of this!?

415335440_viewimage(1).thumb.png.fef1315b89038dbb1e65b2cd6dd0aec6.png

Similar story for Thursday:

1437545006_viewimage(2).thumb.png.30176e7a421e036370ed02da461dd828.png

Posted

Much warmer today than yesterdays cloud covered event, reaching a pleasant 18.5°C at: 12:15, early shouts, but the weekend isn't looking much to write home about at the moment, but still some way to go yet..

Posted

Sunny all day with blue skies and a light breeze. The temperature was slightly lower than yesterday but the change in wind direction actually made it feel slightly warmer. Reached 14.0°C, currently 10.8°C