Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Novel Coronavirus – China

Snipper

Posted
Just now, weirpig said:

REAKING: La Liga suspended for two weeks due to the coronavirus outbreak

That will probably be the end of the La Liga as well, no way this doesn't get extended at least another 3-4 weeks now Spain is where they are. 

Champions League almost certainly finished as well this season now, may as well hold a competition over the space of 1 week in the Autumn to sort it out, could allow leagues to finish fixtures as well. Then start a new season in December 2020 and have it finish in time for the world cup. I know that is a drastic change around, but realistically these countries are going to struggle to get it all done before the proposed start of a new season, especially as I think this may well drag on longer than they expect.

• Like 1

Posted
17 minutes ago, weirpig said:

To be far it says 1 month  could rise to 2   although  it is as you say  paper for cat litter 

Paper for cat litter or paper for emergency loo roll in this panic buy climate haha?

• Like 3

Posted
6 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Time to make sure you have food supplies to last a month and get ready to hunker down.

Thanks for the stockpiling tip-off

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
1 hour ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

But aren’t most hospitals in fields?  

Perhaps but in this case its putting up temporary buildings, tents to help treat people. Perhaps that's where our extra beds will come from too if needed, military help, I didn't think of that. They may be prepping in the background already. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

Message from Oak Tree Academy in Stockton Following advice from public health we are closing the school today as a precautionary measure. Please collect your child as soon as possible Both gates are open. We will be in contact later today Thank you for your support and understanding Please do not ring the school unless it's an emergency We are very busy both gates are open and you need to collect your child ASAP

• Like 2

Posted
11 minutes ago, weirpig said:

Darran Marshall

@DarranMarshall

·

8m

Republic of Ireland expected to announce a general shutdown. Taoiseach to make a statement in Washington shortly. RTÉ One tv broadcasting a special programme now.

Makes sense to me..

Our Gov is now beginning to make me angry.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Boro Snow said:

Message from Oak Tree Academy in Stockton Following advice from public health we are closing the school today as a precautionary measure. Please collect your child as soon as possible Both gates are open. We will be in contact later today Thank you for your support and understanding Please do not ring the school unless it's an emergency We are very busy both gates are open and you need to collect your child ASAP

Is this  because of upcoming Government news   or a outbreak in the school?.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, northwestsnow said:

Those numbers from Germany are really concerning.

Shouldn't surprise anyone though, its only following the same curve we saw in China and Italy. Don't do anything different, then you will follow the same curve. We are only a matter of days away, normally 400-600 cases is where it starts to really take off, at least in Europe.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

I think one of most worrying things I heard is a group of kids went on a school trip ( a school around here, don't know which one) to Italy before the lock down, have now arrived home and are in quarantine for 2 weeks. This came from a Mother of those who went. I personally think they shouldn't have gone, but what a worry for that family and others.  

Begs the question why the school felt it was ok.

Edited by Dami
  • Like 1

Posted
Just now, kold weather said:

Shouldn't surprise anyone though, its only following the same curve we saw in China and Italy. Don't do anything different, then you will follow the same curve. We are only a matter of days away, normally 400-600 cases is where it starts to really take off, at least in Europe.

So what are we doing?

Allowing mass gatherings thats what we are doing.

Posted
Just now, northwestsnow said:

So what are we doing?

Allowing mass gatherings thats what we are doing.

Good question, I think upto 2-3 days ago i could justify alot of it still.

However things have changed drastically across Europe since then, I think we have probably acted too late to really accelerate things and I fear it may costs many thousands of lives...

Anyone who has read this thread knows I've not been prone to over-exaggerating things, but I'm really starting to think my early call of 1 million deaths world wide may end up too low of a call.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes
4 minutes ago, weirpig said:

Is this  because of upcoming Government news   or a outbreak in the school?.

Not sure there is a lot of confusion and concern from the parents. Should know later

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
1 hour ago, weirpig said:

Without trawling through the archives  when was the last time  such a pandemic as happened  which as caused so much    disruption in regard to movement etc.

It hasn't happened before. 

Posted
1 minute ago, kold weather said:

However things have changed drastically across Europe since then, I think we have probably acted too late to really accelerate things and I fear it may costs many thousands of lives...

Anyone who has read this thread knows I've not been prone to over-exaggerating things, but I'm really starting to think my early call of 1 million deaths world wide may end up too low of a call.

I wonder if WHO were referring to the UK with the dig about not doing enough yesterday..

Guest Delete Me

Iran have asked the IMF for a 5 billion dollar loan to help fight the spread of corona virus, this is how serious the situation is.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy
1 minute ago, kold weather said:

With the Global CFR running higher than that for 'The Spanish Flu' over 1918/19 I think there's a bit of wiggle room to inflate your figure?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Something good in all four seasons

Ireland's Varadkar says from 6pm tomorrow schools and colleges closing , mass gatherings indoors above 100 banned

Edited by Beverley Lass
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Breaking: McLaren have withdrawn from the Australian Grand Prix. A member of staff has tested positive for coronavirus.

• Like 3

Posted
1 minute ago, northwestsnow said:

I wonder if WHO were referring to the UK with the dig about not doing enough yesterday..

Probably more the USA I'd have thought, but for sure the UK I think have been very slow off the mark, and I know they are being guided by the experts, but I think actual measures really do need to be brought in, before it runs away from them and they have to do rapid changes like we saw in Italy over the space of 72hrs to try and keep up.

• Like 3

Posted
1 minute ago, Beverley Lass said:

Ireland's Varadkar says from 6pm  schools and colleges closing from tomorrow, mass gatherings above 100 banned

Straight to point  sorted   Us on the other hand  we shall see 

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, weirpig said:

Without trawling through the archives  when was the last time  such a pandemic as happened  which as caused so much    disruption in regard to movement etc.

41 minutes ago, Man With Beard said:

Never happened before. This is the first such pandemic in the globalised era.

Aye. 

Spanish Flu might have resulted in countries closing borders if it had not coincided with the end of world war I

Black death/plague resulted in towns and cities across Europe closing themselves off. 

Globalisation has its advantages, but it also inherent weaknesses that people/politicians chose to ignore as it will always be a problem on someone elses watch.

• Like 1