Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle
11 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

Some screenshots, love how lightning lights up a pre anvil cumulonimbus

l84PEEK.pngUIXdZwI.pngTV4OUhe.png

On the last one i feel as if i can see the lightning flickering

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
3 minutes ago, tesaro said:

SE and EA looking like the Spawning Ground this Morning. You can see New Storms breaking out around Norwich, Sudbury etc. Another Cell just coming to Kent Coast. I think we may of been Decapped.

That's typical, that is: the Triangle and Cone breed storms, for someone-else to enjoy? Bah, Humbug!:oldgrin:

• Like 1

Posted

Not a chance of storms here today, cant believe how chilly it feels and how cloudy it is, guess we have the crud from everyone else,s storms of yesterday, lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms
8 minutes ago, tesaro said:

SE and EA looking like the Spawning Ground this Morning. You can see New Storms breaking out around Norwich, Sudbury etc. Another Cell just coming to Kent Coast. I think we may of been Decapped.

Trust me, it's just cloud. If there's any rain it's not even hitting the ground!

• Like 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, Justin1705 said:

Estofex today more akin For SE areas and central southern areas and midlands. Level 1 across most of county’s . Looking to my SE but whatever made landfall in kent is weakening on the Northern side 

E9392FEE-95F5-46D8-8B58-BFA8B0F4CF39.png

Ooooo wonder why they have given us that hmmm

Posted
Just now, Mitch perrott said:

Ooooo wonder why they have given us that hmmm

To be honest when i read the article, it was more for heavy slow moving convective rainfall, was mentioned that the risk of lightning and thunder and haik is reduced as there is a cap on place for most of today. However currently cloud tops of the SE mess is actually quite high 25/35km. Which means its elevated. However anything north if london seems to be surface based

Posted
5 minutes ago, Justin1705 said:

To be honest when i read the article, it was more for heavy slow moving convective rainfall, was mentioned that the risk of lightning and thunder and haik is reduced as there is a cap on place for most of today. However currently cloud tops of the SE mess is actually quite high 25/35km. Which means its elevated. However anything north if london seems to be surface based

Kent might hit me might miss me

Posted
Just now, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

What’s going on with the lack of any storm forecasts?  

there scared of the angry storm starved people who got mad at them

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dull And Uninteresting Weather
3 minutes ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

What’s going on with the lack of any storm forecasts?  

well here's one

mainly elevated today according to this

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers
3 minutes ago, Mitch perrott said:

there scared of the angry storm starved people who got mad at them

If they forecast storms in the right places they wouldn’t be in this mess  

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

If they forecast storms in the right places they wouldn’t be in this mess  

I think estofex did that today  ;)

• Like 3

Posted
2 minutes ago, Gordon Webb said:

well here's one

mainly elevated today according to this

abc. That’s basically yesterday again.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Mitch perrott said:

I love watching the chavs outside when a storm is coming and they all run hehe i knew all along your fate

They always end up going to my favourite storm spots and playing chav music and shouting.

Stoners are the worst ones, can’t keep quiet and ALWAYS find quiet places to go to chat their b****cks off while I’m trying to listen to thunder...

• Like 4

Posted
1 minute ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

They always end up going to my favourite storm spots and playing chav music and shouting.

Stoners are the worst ones, can’t keep quiet and ALWAYS find quiet places to go to chat their b****cks off while I’m trying to listen to thunder...

And tben they laugh at us when we film the sky ;-; im like.... go away you children even though they could probs beat me up haha

• Like 4

Posted

Went to get some milk, and im happy that today there is at least some mid level instability. Hopefully boding well. Nice cloudscapes. Hoping i can clip that cell in kent as it trundles NNE. Still producing sferics 

97636448-AC13-42BD-B420-5AA32AC19461.jpeg

8D79C681-EE6E-4EB6-993C-1AFD8971EC64.jpeg

BD8F2C5F-A5C8-43CB-83EC-64DFBED72F29.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted

I’m waiting until tomorrow. No point as all the storm activity will begin in the midlands, fizzle out, explode into life in the NE - (where I couldn’t reach it even if I wanted to) and tomorrow have to listen to all the usual lies that everywhere was affected (Express doing that today)

• Like 6

Posted
Just now, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

I’m waiting until tomorrow. No point as all the storm activity will begin in the midlands, fizzle out, explode into life in the NE - (where I couldn’t reach it even if I wanted to) and tomorrow have to listen to all the usual lies that everywhere was affected (Express doing that today)

Where you located. SE corner is initiating, wouldn’t say exploding. But some cells scattered around. You are right tho this instability is ment to move NW over uk today and affect midlands more. But i means there some back building now on the Kent coast and in the Dreaded COS there seems to some activity?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Morning all. Just woke up after enviously watching that big MCS hammer the NW. I was slowly regretting my decision not to chase. The distance would have been justified with that one 100%. If only I had an inkling that it would be that bad! 

Never mind. At least there’s some elevated cells heading up this way that can hopefully fire up. It’s grey and overcast, but quite thundery looking. Good luck to all! 

• Like 5

Posted
5 minutes ago, Justin1705 said:

Where you located. SE corner is initiating, wouldn’t say exploding. But some cells scattered around. You are right tho this instability is ment to move NW over uk today and affect midlands more. But i means there some back building now on the Kent coast and in the Dreaded COS there seems to some activity?

CS south. Might be some stuff north if London this afternoon. I doubt proper storms likely in the south until early tomorrow morning. The usual wait for the stuff in the unreliable timeframe to get shunted to the NE again

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
45 minutes ago, Justin1705 said:

Estofex today more akin For SE areas and central southern areas and midlands. Level 1 across most of county’s . Looking to my SE but whatever made landfall in kent is weakening on the Northern side 

E9392FEE-95F5-46D8-8B58-BFA8B0F4CF39.png

Very common for dawn type convection that it weakens as the day gradually warms.

Would also note re the Estofex forecast the E/SE is still under the 15% hatching, which is a slight improvement on yesterday especially for the East (including the COS et al).

• Like 2

Posted
5 minutes ago, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

Morning all. Just woke up after enviously watching that big MCS hammer the NW. I was slowly regretting my decision not to chase. The distance would have been justified with that one 100%. If only I had an inkling that it would be that bad! 

Never mind. At least there’s some elevated cells heading up this way that can hopefully fire up. It’s grey and overcast, but quite thundery looking. Good luck to all! 

So chilly and cloudy this morning, not holding out much hope, thursday looks our best chance.

• Like 2