Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion Jan 2021 Onward

#windysnow#

Posted

Still much disagreement. It really will come down to ‘now casting’. The latest ICON update paints a particularly snowy picture though.

iconeu_uk1-45-42-0_pkm5.png

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Still much disagreement. It really will come down to ‘now casting’. The latest ICON update paints a particularly snowy picture though.

iconeu_uk1-45-42-0_pkm5.png

Love it 5cms widely across the region!!no point taking a look at the models now!!its time for radar watch!!!

• Like 1

Posted
10 minutes ago, sheikhy said:

Love how the heavier stuff over leicester!!

Yes looks good but i'm not sure the models have a clue, Look at the timing differences between those nmm charts and these

564738825_viewimage-2021-01-07T065447_342.png.bcb14f33ed2bd5e88d56454043566534.png

713083541_viewimage-2021-01-07T065502_560.png.867ddb3e7d4e7733c63fd13f37312a0a.png

• Thanks 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, sheikhy said:

Love it 5cms widely across the region!!no point taking a look at the models now!!its time for radar watch!!!

Just as per my last post what time are we watching the radar midnight/1am or 6/7am lol

• Thanks 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, MKN said:

Just as per my last post what time are we watching the radar midnight/1am or 6/7am lol

Im starting now mate!!!around 6pm this evening will be perfect but i will be taking a look on and off throughout the day to see the intensity on this band!!!!

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, sheikhy said:

Im starting now mate!!!around 6pm this evening will be perfect but i will be taking a look on and off throughout the day to see the intensity on this band!!!!

I dont expect it to be that intense until it moves South of Leeds ish area. Think the hills down the spine of the country may decimate it, hopefully just temporarily

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer
1 minute ago, MKN said:

I dont expect it to be that intense until it moves South of Leeds ish area. Think the hills down the spine of the country may decimate it, hopefully just temporarily

Why do you say that,, its coming in from the east, its a wave along the back end of the front isn't it

• Thanks 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Severe Siberian icy blast said:

Why do you say that,, its coming in from the east, its a wave along the back end of the front isn't it

Looks to head south east from its current position then back south west. All depends what model prediction you look at though they are all a bit different 

Posted
Just now, sheikhy said:

Wow!!!!!!

Further East looks more marginal on all the model outputs ive seen but provided remains as snow throughout it could be a good place to be.

• Thanks 1

Posted
10 minutes ago, MKN said:

The GFS paralel...

36-574PUK.thumb.gif.e453a46e68f777db65611dd10b6cfb0c.gif

39-574PUK.gif

48-780PUK_aag4.GIF

Met Office warning looks very wrong. Unless the whole of the Midlands has moved to the top of the Pennines over night.

Edited by MattStoke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
5 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

48-780PUK_aag4.GIF

Met Office warning looks very wrong. Unless the whole of the Midlands has moved to the top of the Pennines over night.

changing soon though parallel

Posted
1 minute ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

changing soon though parallel

Every model is showing settling snow widely to low levels, and has done for days. I’ve been watching and expecting this since last week. I really can’t see where their warning has come from.

GFS rolling out now looks more snowy too.

Posted
2 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Every model is showing settling snow widely to low levels, and has done for days. I’ve been watching and expecting this since last week. I really can’t see where their warning has come from.

GFS rolling out now looks more snowy too.

06z gfs doesn't. Settling snow mainly confined to Wales and Northern England

39-780UK.gif

Edited by MKN

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms

Just my opinion but I actually feel the bbc could well be underestimating what we could get tonight and tomorrow, even if it’s only light/moderate if the temps around freezing or just below and it continues for a few hours we could actually get quite a bit. As Shaun says keep an eye on the stuff coming through tomorrow from the ne!

Posted
2 minutes ago, MKN said:

39-780UK.gif

Still dont match the snow band!!!been doing that on every run!!!!man this is going down to the wire!!!

Posted

GFS still has snow falling far more widely and to lower levels than the warning. Every single other model has a good few cm to pretty low levels. I’ll eat my own face if that warning is correct. Fully expecting snow here and I’m far from being on top of the Pennines or Welsh mountains!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and dry in summer and cold and snowy in winter

Is it That bottom band or that top band that we’re supposed to see

90F41E5A-946C-47C5-AD1D-C0E5D248B114.jpeg

Posted

Fingers crossed for everyone over the next 48 hours. A few cms of settling snow and i'll be really fairly happy with how this past couple of weeks has gone. A wintry frosty morning out there with freezing fog patches, 4 days where snow has fallen so far, really cant grumble. 

Posted
7 minutes ago, MKN said:

39-780UK.gif

Could it be the paralell is picking up on the lighter accumulations better than the op due to its better resolution?