Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather discussion

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw, Snaw and mair Snaw

Its been a blustery day...the radar is showing some juicy showers streaming in from the west with a little bit of cold mixed in.

The temp here is showing 3.1 deg/C during the showers and the cloud temp is -2.5 deg/C so its going in the right direction, who knows we might even see a flake or two of the white stuff.

Could contain: Plot, Chart, Map, Atlas, Diagram, Person, Rainforest, Nature, Vegetation, Outdoors

• Like 8

Posted
3 minutes ago, Ross B said:

Horizontal heavy gale force sleet, lovely 🙃

Same. Truly horrid out there at the moment. 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: windy

Very pleasant day at the football today (not). It has been windy all day but not quite reaching the 50-55 mph that the met were suggesting.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
3 hours ago, johncam said:

Afraid mate all we got was a bit of slush when it all broke down which lasted a morning , not very high here at all , I can drive 5 miles up the road towards Edinburgh and it all changes 

Your profile says 129m - not high!!😝🤣😆

You should try living by the sea - 50m from the shore, just shy of 20m altitude. Lying snowing is rocking horse poop. Don't you talk about being snow-starved 😱🤪

• Like 7

Posted
30 minutes ago, snowlessayr said:

Looks like ayrshire has got the brunt of this, some local power cuts, lots of trees down and even roof damage about. Quite surprised how much impact this has had. 

Yeah I just saw the long list of roads closed by the police due to fallen trees! It has been very wet and windy, but as you say it's not exactly been a big storm. I guess it's the completely waterlogged ground playing a big part too. Sleet has almost turned to snow here but looks like we'll be running out of precip soon. 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow in winter,warm sun in summer!!!!
25 minutes ago, Hairy Celt said:

Your profile says 129m - not high!!😝🤣😆

You should try living by the sea - 50m from the shore, just shy of 20m altitude. Lying snowing is rocking horse poop. Don't you talk about being snow-starved 😱🤪

😂

• Like 3

Posted

Hope everyone in Ayrshire managed to get some sleep last , would anticipate a bit of a clean up if my mums huge amount of updates is accurate 😂 bless her she was terrified she stays close to the beach so yet a direct hit 

• Like 7

Posted
3 hours ago, aggy said:

Hope everyone in Ayrshire managed to get some sleep last , would anticipate a bit of a clean up if my mums huge amount of updates is accurate 😂 bless her she was terrified she stays close to the beach so yet a direct hit 

Hi Aggy was mental here last night howling gale n lashing down. Plenty of flooding...annick water and river Irvine burst their banks m77 closed to flooding...queens drive killie the main shopping area is closed to floods.. n I work in Queens drive so should be interesting ☺️ Arnold Clark will be open !!!

• Like 7

Posted

Lovely morning. Blue sky, sunny and about 3c. Looking forward to a dry and chilly few days but doesn't currently look to be much snow on offer for round here. 

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Some great overnight snaw across the ski centres. Open lifts and piste numbers growing every day. 

Windy here, but clear blue skies. Will be a nice dug walk the day.

• Like 9

Posted

It is indeed pretty unpleasant out there away from shelter, I was just out with the dogs and thought about heading up onto one of the Bennachie tops as it wasn't too bad in the woods. I got about 100m onto the open hill before retreating back below the treeline. More sunshine is nice though. 

No sign of snow on the surrounding hills here either so it must have stayed wet despite the splodges of heavy sleet on the Velux before i went to bed. 

• Like 7