Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather discussion

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw, Snaw and mair Snaw

A much welcome cooler day...drizzle on and off dull and damp, oh hum the extended Autumn like weather continues.

The dafties on the other thread are amusingly chasing their tails again looking for the cold fallout from the SSW, it looks like that bloody high pressue which has so far ruined our winter is still clinging on like Nicola Sturgeon...oh wait what happened to her maybe there is hope after all, perhaps the dafties are on to something and if the planets all align some of the white stuff may appear on this snow desert named Fife.

Edited by Klippie
  • Like 4

Posted

A icy start to the day with plenty of snow on the surrounding hills - along with mist/fog clinging to the tops of some of them, as here looking north towards Bridge of Alford.

Could contain: Road, Tarmac, Scenery, Outdoors, Nature, Sky, Weather, Freeway, Highway

Some decent sunny spells in the morning but Aberdeenshire Permagloom™ arrived in earnest in the afternoon by which time the snow had melted on most of the nearby hills, though clinging on in the distant hills around Cairn o'Mount (view looking south)...

Could contain: Grassland, Outdoors, Nature, Field, Grass, Plant, Countryside, Pasture, Rural, Meadow

Calm conditions and a cool day with a max of 5.1c.  Some rain earlier this evening and now clear skies - going to be another frosty night.

• Like 8

Posted
1 hour ago, Klippie said:

A much welcome cooler day...drizzle on and off dull and damp, oh hum the extended Autumn like weather continues.

The dafties on the other thread are amusingly chasing their tails again looking for the cold fallout from the SSW, it looks like that bloody high pressue which has so far ruined our winter is still clinging on like Nicola Sturgeon...oh wait what happened to her maybe there is hope after all, perhaps the dafties are on to something and if the planets all align some of the white stuff may appear on this snow desert named Fife.

Good to see mysogony still rools.  Good on you!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
1 hour ago, Halfamilefromnowhere said:

Seems to be gremlins in my phone photos don’t know why there seems miles of space between pics..

Gives my middle finger a work out...

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry
13 hours ago, Sceptical said:

The government alternative fuel payment, if you rely on oil for central heating for example,is now being paid out. £200 was dropped into my account with Octopus energy today.

Apologies if this information has been posted before.

Arrived in my new Octopus account too, the transfer from my Bulb account having just completed. The thing is, I wasn't expecting it as our heating is primarily electric via the heat pump, just bottled gas to the cooker and the wood burner as 'alternative' fuels. The house always has been electrically heated as far as I know, so quite how they decided who gets the payment is therefore a mystery. 

Currently 1.9C this morning. Oh and if the GFS 0Z is anything close to coreect you'll all need to find bigger ramp pictures. 

gfsnh-0-360.png gfs-1-366.png gfs-16-366.png

A long, long way off, but it seems something is afoot. 

• Like 9

Posted

Is it just me or does it seem mega windy tonight? Just been out with the dog and it’s mental! 

Edited by Kayemill
  • Like 4

Posted
11 minutes ago, Kayemill said:

Is it just me or does it seem mega windy tonight? Just been out with the dog and it’s mental! 

No it's been very windy all afternoon and evening.  Electricity flickering just now and  big beech fallen on boundary fence this afternoon  so next winters wood sorted. Fence to repair once it is cleared.

• Like 6

Posted

Pretty windy here too - not as bad as Friday morning but still quite lively by the sound of it. Firewood coming out of my ears here with another half a dozen birches down waiting to be sorted out so hopefully no more! 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW
40 minutes ago, Snowandrocks said:

Pretty windy here too - not as bad as Friday morning but still quite lively by the sound of it. Firewood coming out of my ears here with another half a dozen birches down waiting to be sorted out so hopefully no more! 

I will take some of that off you if you dont want it...😂😂..

And yes some really strong gusts the last 1 hour or so..

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,high winds, thunderstorms, extreme weather

Yes very gusty here too,  wind whining and moaning around the gable too

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Just let the dog out before bed and yes, rather wild sounding outside. Local weather station has sustained at over 60km/hr, gusting over 80km/hr at times, way above forecasts that I can see. No idea how accurate that station us with wind speed though. 

• Like 4

Posted

Flat calm this time last night, now it's really noisy... Hopefully it'll be quiet in the morning.

Edited by Hairy Celt
  • Like 4

Posted

Seems to have died down a bit now as i can no longer hear the roaring of the wind around the house..

Its not as cold tonight as it has been the last few nights but the house feels colder somehow 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

• Like 4

Posted

It was windy at Glencoe as evidenced by this SAIS photo from earlier! Then it proceeded from windy to just completely stupid judging by the graph!

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Snow, Vehicle, Transportation, Ski Lift

Could contain: Chart

Edited by skifreak
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.
On 18/02/2023 at 23:43, dryfie said:

Good to see mysogony still rools.  Good on you!

Where was the misogyny? 

Bit blowy outside. 

• Like 2

Posted
11 hours ago, Mair Snaw said:

I will take some of that off you if you dont want it...😂😂..

I probably could drop some rings off if you want some to split yourself! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,high winds, thunderstorms, extreme weather

Gusts up to 61mph last night, few branches down. Calmer and bit colder this morning but dry.

• Like 3

Posted
35 minutes ago, Snowandrocks said:

I probably could drop some rings off if you want some to split yourself! 

Very kind of you indeed..

• Like 1

Posted

Aberdeenshire Permagloom™ yesterday, wet Aberdeenshire Permagloom™ so far this morning (though blue skies are tantalisingly over towards the NE).

Very windy yesterday evening as others have noted (calm now), noticed the storm on Friday did some damage over at Castle Fraser...

Could contain: Tree Trunk, Tree, Grass, Grassland, Outdoors, Nature, Field, Ground, Lawn, Wood

Nature rolls on into spring mode though, snowdrops at their peak round here...

Could contain: Vegetation, Tree, Tree Trunk, Woodland, Land, Outdoors, Nature, Ground, Grass, Grove

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Grey and blowy and am not liking the prospect of another cold spell. Sort of want sunshine and flowers and warmth now. Must really be getting old 🙃

• Like 8

Posted
1 hour ago, Quinach said:

Aberdeenshire Permagloom™ yesterday, wet Aberdeenshire Permagloom™ so far this morning (though blue skies are tantalisingly over towards the NE).

Quite nice over this side of the hill this morning, dry with some decent sunny spells. 

Mair Snow - will give you a shout next time I cut some up. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Good morning?   😴

Could contain: Weather, Nature, Outdoors, Fog, Smog, Smoke, Car, Vehicle, Transportation

• Like 6

Posted

A few trees down locally and still a bit breezy this morning. Tbh I'll cope with the breeze when we have some brightness to go with it.

• Like 4