Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

New Year off to a good start

Posted

Its just after 7AM, the temperature dropped to -41C before midnight.

WEATHER.GC.CA

Current conditions and forecasts including 7 day outlook, daily high/low temperature, warnings, chance of precipitation, pressure, humidity/wind chill (when applicable) historical data, normals, record values and...

The above link will show the current weather at the time it is clicked on, here is my weather at 7AM my local time:

Condition:Mist, Pressure:101.9 kPa, Tendency:Falling

Temperature:-41.7°C, Dew point:-45.5°C, Humidity:67%

Wind:NE 11 km/h, Wind Chill:-54, Visibility: 2 km

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold ,snow
3 minutes ago, RonT said:

Its just after 7AM, the temperature dropped to -41C before midnight.

WEATHER.GC.CA

Current conditions and forecasts including 7 day outlook, daily high/low temperature, warnings, chance of precipitation, pressure, humidity/wind chill (when applicable) historical data, normals, record values and...

The above link will show the current weather at the time it is clicked on, here is my weather at 7AM my local time:

Condition:Mist, Pressure:101.9 kPa, Tendency:Falling

Temperature:-41.7°C, Dew point:-45.5°C, Humidity:67%

Wind:NE 11 km/h, Wind Chill:-54, Visibility: 2 km

Good grief

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

It's off to the most incredible start here,

We have a form of weather rather than grey:

IMG_0668.thumb.JPG.6a03398acf487b094801121082ec648c.JPG

IMG_0678.thumb.JPG.6d89de7a013d1a70b4385df5f0df085c.JPG

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes

And the January monthly minimum record looks to be beat this morning with a tropical minimum of 13.2oc at chivenor in county devon.                Can we please have a slice of yellowknife.

Edited by emmett garland
  • Like 1

Posted

Hi Emmett,

not familiar with the lingo there, not sure of the meaning of "a slice of Yellowknife".  Sunrise is not quite two hours away (we're far enough south that we still get something less than five hours from sunrise to sunset on the solstice), if you were looking for a photo or two it will be a couple of hours. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold ,snow
1 minute ago, RonT said:

Hi Emmett,

not familiar with the lingo there, not sure of the meaning of "a slice of Yellowknife".  Sunrise is not quite two hours away (we're far enough south that we still get something less than five hours from sunrise to sunset on the solstice), if you were looking for a photo or two it will be a couple of hours. 

Think it's in regards to the temps ie first post 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes
25 minutes ago, RonT said:

Hi Emmett,

Exactly as Sheffield wednesday football club says (sorry to confuse again) .Over here we would love a teeny weeny bit of f the kind of temperatures you guys get on the regular through winter and thanks for the comment ,I have always been amazed at your location as its so remote and frigid in winter. Photos would be great from a low sun perspective especially if the cloudscape is right. Anyway over here I cant light my fire literally as house will be too warm and I love my fire. We had a high temperature of 14.5 oc at 7 21am this new year day and for the third day in a row our maximum temp was at dawn and the birds are singing like its the month of May . Is this really global warming..I live 50 meters from the (howth weather station.com) so you can check it out 24 / 7 as they say..Enjoy the ice Ron.

Posted

I went out with a digital camera (I also like analogue photography, which has its place I think in the cold) and took these pictures.  "A slice of Yellowknife on New Year's Day".  

Front_Door_1.JPG

HOBO_WX_station_birdfeeder.JPG

backyard_at_sunrise.JPG

furnace_exhaust.JPG

minus42C_raven_in_the_mist.JPG

No_garage.JPG

remains_of_wasp_nest.JPG

Leaking_window.JPG

Loops_lightning_detector.JPG

Frost_lupper_heater.JPG

Frost_lower_heater.JPG

• Thanks 1