Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

March 2022 general discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Confusion in my brain now we have moved to community group, on which thread to post in, so I’ve started new thread for general discussion and also cross posted in the extant weather discussion thread.

I am rather hoping we can move on, weather wise from chasing snow now, not because it won’t snow, but because snow and cold means higher fuel and electricity bills.  Two shocks today. I’m down to two bars on my oil reader, so 200 litres left, which is normally refill time, except that most of the local oil providers haven’t got any stocks, irrespective of the sky high price.  So to eek it out   it’s down to one bath a week each (we don't have a shower) otherwise good old flannel washes and heating times dialled back to 1.5 hours morning and likewise evening and log burner on when we are in.  Log burner only really heats lounge, so work from home is now either work from home office in woolly hat and therms or work from lounge with less therms and boy does this old slate house get cold!  Once sun comes out and heats solar panels and windows then it won’t be so bad.  Likewise leccy.  No sun, no solar, minimum lights on in evening and slow cooker meals.  With solar we can prep more.  Still waiting on installation of solar battery,  but guess what, solar battery made in China and installers waiting on shipment….

Shock 2.  Trying to sort out my brothers electric bill.  He lives on his own, doesn’t use the electric radiators, works outdoors all day, heats part of house with wood burner and his leccy bill is averaging £120 a month.  Only thing on All day is fridge freezer, under sink water heater, radio to keep dog company.  Realistically £120 month is about £4.00 a day which is not horrendous but still….

Edited by snefnug

• Bank Holiday weekend weather - a mixed picture

It's a mixed picture for the upcoming Bank Holiday weekend. at times, sunshine and warmth with little wind. However, thicker cloud in the north will bring rain and showers. Also rain by Sunday for Cornwall. Read the full update here

Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts
    Latest weather updates from Netweather

UK Storm and Severe Convective Forecast

UK Severe Convective & Storm Forecast - Issued 2024-05-02 07:37:13 Valid: 02/05/2024 0900 - 03/04/2024 0600 THUNDERSTORM WATCH - THURS 02 MAY 2024 Click here for the full forecast

Nick F
    Nick F

Risk of thunderstorms overnight with lightning and hail

Northern France has warnings for thunderstorms for the start of May. With favourable ingredients of warm moist air, high CAPE and a warm front, southern Britain could see storms, hail and lightning. Read more here

Jo Farrow
    Jo Farrow