Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

France Heatwave October 2022

Met.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).

So I'm surprised nobody's talking about this seeing how close to us it is. Nearly 30°C in France on 27th October. Is that a record? Wonder if a change in the synoptics might pump some more up this way. Temps locally for me have been between 12-16 degrees this month. Seeing 20+ in late October would be nice.

Could contain:

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

I hope not. We have had plenty of warmth this year, but I believe there is a time and place for everything. I enjoyed summer at the time, but I now want to enjoy chilly misty autumnal days.

The sooner this current pattern of ridiculously mild temps ends and we are back to seasonal temperatures, the better.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).

It would be interesting to me statistically because late October is so boring.

I would find a big late October cold spell just as interesting because anything further from average is interesting to me as a weather fan. 

Edited by ThunderHellCat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny!

A pretty extraordinary prolonged warm spell in France.  Even relatively far north places will see temperatures 22C+ for most of the rest of the month with bursts of warmer weather.  That's a good 6C+ warmer than average across much of the country, which would be exceptional if just for a few days but this has been going on for a week now and will continue.  Looking very warm into the start of November too.  This year has been utterly extraordinary for heat in France.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

In Mont de Marsan where my cousin went to live a few years back it's been the mid to high 20's over the last few days with much more to come this week. Summer just doesn't want to give up down there.