Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The absolute champion of European heat: Lindos, Greece

Athens Heat

Posted
3 hours ago, Dark Horse said:

Pretty much everyone apart from yourself cares about how hot it gets during the day in these areas lol. No body gives a monkey about a warm night. Sorry Spain is warmer by day, the most important thing. 

Hehe, I am really enjoying the chat with you by the way. 

You are so clueless that it is entertaining. The only scientific measurement of how hot an area is pertains only average annual Ts

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cities_by_average_temperature

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_average_yearly_temperature

No one gives a sh*t on avg highs. Average annual Ts is what counts in meteorology and nearly all its applications 

Edited by Athens Heat
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather

I’m off to lefkada in July first visit to Greece in 10 years , why so long I don’t know because I love Greece 👍

• Like 2

Posted
10 hours ago, Scuba steve said:

I’m off to lefkada in July first visit to Greece in 10 years , why so long I don’t know because I love Greece 👍

Lefkada is such a beautiful island. All of the Ionian islands just have this unique feel so much different that the rest of Greece.

I hope you have a great time here in Greece!

• Thanks 1

Posted

Many years stayed there , forget the name of the town, long sandy beach, hotel almost in the sea, gotgeous,;enjoy whichever spot you stay in

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms. Pleasantly warm summers but no heat.

Well I think it says a lot more about you in a negative way throwing insults than it does about myself. You cannot even acknowledge what I've said because it shows a hotter average high which you don't like as it puts Seville ahead of Lindos in that department, you came on here thinking people wouldn't know that and it's riled you up. You say it's not important but if it wasn't then it wouldn't be put out there on graphs, each and everyone of those columns is important from the temp to the preciptation. But you want your cake and eat it but that's not going to happen. I'm against misinformation. And again sorry but no one gives a damn about warm nights, whilst it's an important statistic the average man in the street would tell you it's what happens in the day in hot countries that counts more. And again it's warmer in Seville, the higher average high temps mean heatwaves are generally more severe in that part of Spain compared to Greece.

Edited by Dark Horse

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms. Pleasantly warm summers but no heat.

Just wanted to add something else here to put this argument to rest once and for all. And to add further substance to my point.

Here is a screenshot of the UK Met Office Seville monthly averages below. Towards the bottom of the page, you can see this also in the link in that they use the daily high for the temps and not the daily mean as a way of showing people what is usually expected throughout the year, the original poster said the daily high is "not important" and "no one gives a sh*t about it" and meteorological institutions basically just use the daily mean and don't pay attention to the daily high but it turns out it's actually the opposite. The UK Met Office are highly respected worldwide. They use the daily high. Looks like I'm not so clueless after all! So on that note, now I've fully cleared things up on this thread and proved beyond doubt that the daily high is important and is definitely used by a respected meteorological service as it's there on the Met Office website. So I'll leave it here and I won't need to come back into this thread just to repeat all of the true facts I've given and substantiated. Like I said I'm against misinformation which is rife these days and all I've done is correct that for young people starting out in meteorology. 

Could contain: Chart

default_card_315.jpg
WWW.METOFFICE.GOV.UK

Seville 7 day weather forecast including weather warnings, temperature, rain, wind, visibility, humidity and UV

Edited by Dark Horse

Posted
23 hours ago, Dark Horse said:

So on that note, now I've fully cleared things up on this thread and proved beyond doubt that the daily high is important and is definitely used by a respected meteorological service as it's there on the Met Office website.

Mate you really crack me up! Seriously it's like talking to a child 

You quote the forecast page hehe 🤣

Below is how the Met office actually uses climate summaries. The prominent feature in determining how hot/cold an area is and what's the impact of climate change is the average annual T.

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/binaries/content/assets/metofficegovuk/pdf/weather/learn-about/uk-past-events/summaries/mwr_2023_01_for_print.pdf

Could contain: Chart, Plot

In any case we welcome you to visit Lindos, the warmest area of Europe by far on average!

Posted
On 02/04/2023 at 20:18, Dark Horse said:

heatwaves are generally more severe in that part of Spain compared to Greece.

Oh yeah?

Ok mate. It's in Athens where the official European T record happened in two locations actually with 48.0C

So while average highs might be higher in Andalusia when we talking extreme heat Greece is the official champion.

Spain's record is 47.6C

Edited by Athens Heat