Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Earth’s inner core is slowing down its spin.

Raindrops

Posted
  • Location: Glasnevin Latitude: 53°22′49″ N Longitude: 6°15′51″ W Elevation above sea level: 40 m = 131 ft
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, NLC
  • Location: Glasnevin Latitude: 53°22′49″ N Longitude: 6°15′51″ W Elevation above sea level: 40 m = 131 ft

This may seem as old news to some but I wish to share with those who are interested, now we know about the "polar shift" but this is somewhat a little different but is connected without the whole omg the world is going to end nonsense.

Earth’s inner core is slowing down its spin. Should we be worried?

Edited by Raindrops
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
52 minutes ago, Raindrops said:

This may seem as old news to some but I wish to share with those who are interested, now we know about the "polar shift" but this is somewhat a little different but is connected without the whole omg the world is going to end nonsense.

Earth’s inner core is slowing down its spin. Should we be worried?

I would think not RD, as it's been speeding up and slowing down ever since Earth evolved its layered structure. Then again, were it to trigger an eruption of the Yellowstone geologic timebomb, I would be very wrong. Not that I'll be around by then! 😁

And, unlike AGW, there's bugger all we can do about it.

Edited by Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

“Should be worried”…most peeps on this planet aren’t bothered about global warming…so the chances of a world view on this is about 0% if you ask me 🫣

• Like 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, Methuselah said:

I would think not RD, as it's been speeding up and slowing down ever since Earth evolved its layered structure. Then again, were it to trigger an eruption of the Yellowstone geologic timebomb, I would be very wrong. Not that I'll be around by then! 😁

2 minutes ago, Dancerwithwings said:

“Should be worried”…most peeps on this planet aren’t bothered about global warming…so the chances of a world view on this is about 0% if you ask me 🫣

Ah we'll survive just as earth did, we might even be on Mar's or the Moon by then, it's mostly Governments and power hungry companies who arn't caring for the climate, it's general people like ourselves who do care more about the enviormwent, also yes the core has a season just like the sun, I think it's every 75 years the core changes speed if I'm correct, don't hold me to it haha.

As for Yellowstone, rumor has it due to climate change the water below is running low, again don't hold me to it ha.

• Like 2

Posted
5 minutes ago, Raindrops said:

Ah we'll survive just as earth did, we might even be on Mar's or the Moon by then, it's mostly Governments and power hungry companies who arn't caring for the climate, it's general people like ourselves who do care more about the enviormwent, also yes the core has a season just like the sun, I think it's every 75 years the core changes speed if I'm correct, don't hold me to it haha.

As for Yellowstone, rumor has it due to climate change the water below is running low, again don't hold me to it ha.

At least no one's blaming sunspots! 😁

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Methuselah said:

At least no one's blaming sunspots! 😁

Wait for it 🫣🤣

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, Dancerwithwings said:

Wait for it 🫣🤣

Here it comes, don't you mean the CME's that's charge the earths core 🤣, yeah we've all heard that one 🙄.

• Like 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, Raindrops said:

Here it comes, don't you mean the CME's that's charge the earths core 🤣, yeah we've all heard that one 🙄.

Absolutely 😉🤣

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Personally, I think we need to dig to the Earth's core right now and explode a thousand nuclear bombs within it to speed it up. I'm sure Donald Tramp would fund this if he makes America great again.👍

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather

Shame Mike Meehan  isn’t here he would blame brexit 😂

• Like 3

Posted

Oh, dear, there's Helium-4!! 😱 It was all Jimmy Clitheroe's fault, after all! 😁

Edited by Methuselah

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
1 hour ago, Methuselah said:

And, unlike AGW, there's bugger all we can do about it.

There's enough active magma for VEI7 but in terms of a super-eruption we've scanned the plume and can see its solid. It would take decades to liquify so no super-eruption will occur this century.

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, Methuselah said:

Oh, dear, there's Helium-4!! 😱 It was all Jimmy Clitheroe's fault, after all! 😁

They'll just laugh it of.

Get it?

I'll see myself out.

Edited by Raindrops
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Raindrops said:

They'll just laugh it of.

Get it?

I'll see myself out.

There's no need for that, RD... If a supervolcano were to go off tomorrow, there'd be nothing anyone could do about it, so why worry? AGW, on the other hand, we can do something about...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic Storms, Thunder & Lightning, Snow.

This is an abstract of the original study of the Earth's core multi decade oscillation.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41561-022-01112-z

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2