Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2023 Appreciation Thread.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Just take whatever is offered.

Hiya guys and girls of this forum site, I know that July has been depressing and all of that, but we can't let rain dampen our spirits and that.  

I'm loving the fact that this summer has more variation to it than last year and the fact the water companies are getting topped up by the rain is even better.  

Also there's not the heat related deaths we have had this year like we did last year and people are sleeping better.  Nature too is looking greener and a lot more vibrant than it did last year where the landscape was parched.    

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, Addicks Fan 1981 said:

Hiya guys and girls of this forum site, I know that July has been depressing and all of that, but we can't let rain dampen our spirits and that.  

I'm loving the fact that this summer has more variation to it than last year and the fact the water companies are getting topped up by the rain is even better.  

Also there's not the heat related deaths we have had this year like we did last year and people are sleeping better.  Nature too is looking greener and a lot more vibrant than it did last year where the landscape was parched.    

I visit many people's doorsteps, and notice a distinct change in vibe from my customers. Much less moaning about the current weather - it appears very few people wish for a repeat of last year's heat in July and August, plus people are aware of the oppressive heatwaves in Europe and other places. It's refreshing to hear people say they are enjoying those days which are only 19 to 21c with a few sunny spells and the odd shower. It really is a big change in sentiment. 

• Like 1

Posted

Indeed mate and you could say because of our current weather that nature looks more how it should be thanks to our wet conditions.    

• Like 2

Posted

This seems a bit of a wind-up thread to be blunt.

There's already a Summer chat thread. Just post stuff in there.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

This summer hasn't been all that bad down here on the se coast, we've some sun and warmth, some stormy looking skies, although staying mostly dry, some heavy showers, a few with thunder, missed most of the rain last weekend, glad we have the rain this time, it's very needed, although it has been an unusable day today. 

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

This summer hasn't been all that bad down here on the se coast, we've some sun and warmth, some stormy looking skies, although staying mostly dry, some heavy showers, a few with thunder, missed most of the rain last weekend, glad we have the rain this time, it's very needed, although it has been an unusable day today. 

You could say what we have is a compromise and a grey area, it's much better for people also who suffer from asthma and other respiratory problems.   

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
1 minute ago, Tidal Wave said:

The heat haters thread is the summer appreciation thread.

Not really as I'm not a heat hater, well not till it gets hot than 30 anyway, and it hasn't done that this year. So I don't visit that thread.

1 minute ago, alexisj9 said:

Not really as I'm not a heat hater, well not till it gets hot than 30 anyway, and it hasn't done that this year. So I don't visit that thread.

I've clarified, it's the summer appreciation thread for this year.