Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The best/worst weather years under a prime minister

Sunny76

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter
On 10/08/2023 at 11:11, plymsunshine said:

As much as I don't like the guy, I really think the Boris years were quite good for weather. Came to power just as we had the hottest day of all time (at that point). Then lockdown spring, Aug 2020 heatwave, near record temps in March 2021, summer 2021 was good for over half the country, two dry sunny winters in 21/22 and 22/23, wonderful spring and summer 2022 where we broke the heat record for a second time. As soon as Truss took office the weather turned unsettled

Yes, one thing Johnson did give us was good weather. 😂

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, dry and preferably hot. Snow is nice in the winter
5 hours ago, Sunny76 said:

May was mostly cold and dull until the 24th(my birthday, which is usually preceded by some warm or even hot days).

I know the Mays of 2017-20 probably spoilt me, so expectations were high, but since 2021 May has been a mediocre month.

May 2023 was an exceptional month out here, better than any in the past 30 years except 2020. Agreed that 21 & 22 were poor though.

Edited by plymsunshine

Posted
33 minutes ago, plymsunshine said:

May 2023 was an exceptional month out here, better than any in the past 30 years except 2020. Agreed that 21 & 22 were poor though.

Yes the further west was better. May 23 was poor for the first half. It did become very sunny in the second half, but still had a chill in the air. The closing days were also a bit disappointing if memory serves me well.

It just felt like things took a long time to get going in the south east this year.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, dry and preferably hot. Snow is nice in the winter
On 12/08/2023 at 17:41, Sunny76 said:

Yes the further west was better. May 23 was poor for the first half. It did become very sunny in the second half, but still had a chill in the air. The closing days were also a bit disappointing if memory serves me well.

It just felt like things took a long time to get going in the south east this year.

A rare case where west really was much better, just an uninterrupted chain of 22c+ cloudless days from mid May onwards. We're paying for it now though, just 31 hours of sunshine in the first half of August!