Posted
Just now, edo said:

let's hope you carry on that success rate 🙃

i think we may both have hee haw tomorrow 

😂🤣 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Heaviest snaw of the day here currenlty... its like snaw fog...

Watching a place in the sun 🌞 with a blizzard outside 😂😂..

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

Another snow showing nipping through Dalwhinnie. Looks like plenty more snow chances over the coming days.

Currently -3.2°C with a dew of -6.0°C

• Like 8
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Beginning with S ending with W ;)

Not sure if error on MO website but look at the low temperature for tomorrow! 

Just to add my location has low temperature of -8c, still impressive. 

Really enjoying the pics and videos from everyone who have hit the jackpot, keep them coming 😃

Screenshot_20240115-170147.png

Edited by Bullseye
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Arpege 12z suddenly has most of the snow missing  for the central belt tomorrow morning or coming in later as sleet?. 😱😱 Let's see what the UKV says 

Screenshot_20240115_170837_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20240115_170846_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20240115_170854_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20240115_171203_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by Bats32
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw
2 hours ago, NorthYorksWeather said:

Nice trip up to Loch Morlich wi bairn this aft, first time seeing it frozen and little un enjoyed the heard of ducks. Copped a nice shower on way home turns out the Monadhliath Mountains allowed a couple of showers across on VIP pass, another cm or 2 back in the village. 

Todays max was -1.9°C and already down at -3.0°C

IMG_7691.thumb.jpeg.4fbb7bcb43f6ebee5b5275a359abc011.jpegIMG_7701.thumb.jpeg.2a630401971b19057165832bc21297f8.jpegIMG_7706.thumb.jpeg.3ddbf6f0fe1e837eb06036bafa0bbe74.jpegIMG_7719.thumb.jpeg.71e145e019b0784d9cf2f8c0b66c89a1.jpegIMG_7725.thumb.jpeg.80749845f1a4e8853a4a7d23a586b86b.jpeg

I'm originally fae Carrbridge. If you love snaw, it has it's own wee microclimate. Often you are buried there, then when you get to Aviemore there's noticeably less. On to Kingussie and there's none!

More exposed to the North, but also to the west due to the Dulnain valley extending that direction while Aviemore is more sheltered from that direction maybe. 

I can heartily recommend the Cairn Hotel in Carrbridge for a pint, pub lunch and game of pool.

5 hours ago, thebigyin said:

Fingers crossed for other areas ( and hete still...I'm greeedy) for tomorrow!

Just about do my dog walk...just need to time it to coincide with next shower 🤪 , 180degeesout of sync with most normal people, but you'llall understand. Looks like yours was dragging you homeward @Scottish-Irish Skier! 😄

The wee dug in front there had a problem ball joint on the back leg when young - kept dislocating. So they removed the ball as she's got 4 legs and the muscle just develops to cope without. But because she could not put normal full weight on it, she developed her own walk where she puts both paws on one side forward, then the same with the other. Like a weird ladder climb, but on the level. Ergo has a funny wee waddle. Bless. 

Edited by Scottish-Irish Skier
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Bats32 said:

Arpege 12z suddenly has most of the snow missing  for the central belt tomorrow morning or coming in later as sleet?. 😱😱 Let's see what the UKV says 

Screenshot_20240115_170837_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20240115_170846_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20240115_170854_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20240115_171203_Samsung Internet.jpg

12z UKV looks ok at least, 9am batch is still on although maybe a little further south than I would like but then there is a secondary system at 9pm which makes its way through the central belt.  Both Icon and ECM take the heaviest precip either north or south so we're not much further forward...

• Like 8
  • Insightful 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Ross B said:

12z UKV looks ok at least, 9am batch is still on although maybe a little further south than I would like but then there is a secondary system at 9pm which makes its way through the central belt.  Both Icon and ECM take the heaviest precip either north or south so we're not much further forward...

What UKV run are you looking at, I can only see the 03z on TWO?

Edited by Bats32
  • Like 3

Posted
2 minutes ago, Bats32 said:

What UKV run are you looking at, I can only the 03z on TWO?

This one: 

Meto text forecast is pretty good, although it is for the whole of Strathclyde. I've also noticed the council are putting out a lot on social medial about how much they are gritting the roads in attempt to avoid the inevitable complaints tomorrow where people expect grit to be like molten lava.

"Tuesday:

After a dry start for most, sleet and snow will become widespread for a time, some heavy, with fresh accumulations. Turning clearer but icy at night. Maximum temperature 2 °C."

Edited by Ross B
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
1 hour ago, thebigyin said:

Looks like you got a good run there!  Some promising looking stuff still incoming but to my eye looking to start fizzling out now.  Been pretty good though 👍

Think you’re right. Managed to get out with the dogs and child only in garden before it got dark. Wind seems to have dropped and radar looking blank 😂 pretty happy to have seen some snow here though. And even more happy knowing this hills have been getting a good top up which isn’t going to melt when the “milder” air comes in at weekend. 

we might all get a final 2-3hours of the white stuff tomorow between 3-7pm if we are lucky. 🤞🏻 

• Like 5

Posted
3 minutes ago, Ross B said:

This one: 

Meto text forecast is pretty good, although it is for the whole of Strathclyde. I've also noticed the council are putting out a lot on social medial about how much they are gritting the roads in attempt to avoid the inevitable complaints tomorrow where people expect grit to be like molten lava.

"Tuesday:

After a dry start for most, sleet and snow will become widespread for a time, some heavy, with fresh accumulations. Turning clearer but icy at night. Maximum temperature 2 °C."

As long as the schools are still on, WFH with the kids kicking about is 💀💀 😅

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
4 minutes ago, lorenzo said:

First band pastes the West then decays as it transfers across the Central Belt..

image.thumb.png.2939157e4b453262e6e04c133cf6faba.png

NWrly drop SSE later in the evening

image.thumb.png.c3c4b104f8c41f56785b475434508c3a.png

ICON / GEM / EC / ARPEGE

image.thumb.png.ecfd67447ea5b2e05ad61300419fe695.pngimage.thumb.png.47fac4f4c390a038e1906fa9fb9f0c60.pngimage.thumb.png.3a7e7253ad523cb3aae81581f9a05193.pngimage.thumb.png.b7f8283e1dc7944e977b4b835cb1aa1f.png

and by Friday - never mind weather - whole cities have relocated..

image.thumb.png.d2e5e490eca8eac0d38cc4f23031e391.png

Inverness aka Dresden - brilliant!

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

ma toys are oot ra pram 🙃

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted
24 minutes ago, Scottish-Irish Skier said:

I'm originally fae Carrbridge. If you love snaw, it has it's own wee microclimate. Often you are buried there, then when you get to Aviemore there's noticeably less. On to Kingussie and there's none!

More exposed to the North, but also to the west due to the Dulnain valley extending that direction while Aviemore maybe. 

I can heartily recommend the Cairn Hotel in Carrbridge for a pint, pub lunch and game of pool.

The wee dug in front there had a problem ball joint on the back leg when young - kept dislocating. So they removed the ball as she's got 4 legs and the muscle just develops to cope without. But because she could not put normal full weight on it, she developed her own walk where she puts both paws on one side forward, then the same with the other. Sort of like when we climb a latter, but she does it on the level. Ergo has a funny wee waddle. Bless. 

Been to Cairn Hotel few years back when I met up with me pal Lee from Highland Weather. I actually called into Carrbridge today on way back while bairn wer napping to take a photo of his house as he’s currently in Australia and not back till this Saturday. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted
12 minutes ago, lorenzo said:

Meanwhile at some point in not too distant future, a belter of a hoolie

image.thumb.png.01e662fbcb3b942844b58e0169a84966.png image.thumb.png.3c8b16342d5cc8f74cda76e3b6b75195.pngimage.thumb.png.fe19987836fce71c35a14902c7c6fac1.png

This looks particularly nasty

image.thumb.png.85cc5fa9f51c2d6a7246fe0786f0e142.png

Tasty.

• Like 4

Posted

Hellfire it’s plummeting out there tonight, already -5.8°C. Met office forecasting a low of -4°C tonight so that’s already gone to pot.

• Like 8
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow in winter,warm sun in summer!!!!
13 minutes ago, jon_d1983 said:

Worth taking note and seeing how this pans out 👀….might be good heading into Feb 🤞🏻

IMG_5639.png

IMG_5640.png

Do we really want to be going up that garden path again 

• Like 4

Posted

Met Office have upgraded the temps for here the next couple of nights now going for -13°C. Heck not experienced that since February 2021. 

IMG_7732.thumb.jpeg.6228fd00b6a3a410b25c33ef6ad780a9.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1