Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

1st - 8th August

highcliffe2

Posted
Lol MSL just wait till tomoz :D Temp here didnt fall below 20C all night :) GREAT SLEEPING CONDITIONS :)   :D Temp now 24C :shock:

Trust me Supercell, you wouldn't be laughing if you were stuck in this office!!! :x

Hot weather is far more bearable if you are off school and able to chill out outside/in the shade/etc etc...but stuck in an office all day with hardly any air flow...no air conditioning and the sun beaming in all day through a huge big window, with only a tiny naffing pane that opens to let air in!!!

And as for 20ºC being great sleeping conditions, well that's personal opinion isn't it? I had to leave my fan on all night last night just to try and get some sort of cooler.

:shock: :x :x :puppydogeyes: :bad-words:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous

The heat has really got to you hasn't it sorry :) I have to admit i like winding people up and its worked :D Sorry you didnt take it too well :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

Hi all.....just got back from France (west coast) where the temps were hittings 35-36c each day!! This honestly DOES feel cooler to me!

Last night here in Swindon,temp was 22c at 23.00 hrs, glad i've got a ceiling fan in my bedroom!

Posted

Supercell, what you have to realise is that this heat is all fine and good, when, like yourself, you are free to do what you please all day as you are off school.

Please take into consideration that you are able to go outside for fresh air, which makes a huge big difference and you can open up the window in your bedroom, or pull your curtains to shut the sun out.

Please also remember, that as I have said, unlike you, I am stuck in a very hot office with only one tiny pane of glass that opens, and NO AIR CONDITIONING!!!! Therefore, please believe me when I tell you that the temp in my office usually far exceeds what is outside in the shade!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous

I know i know :) I suppose you have one plus from it and this is the sun :) You are not likely to be burned unlike me who was foolishly skating from 11-2 yestreday with only one bottle of water that was 250 ml. Pretty dumb i know :D I am sorry that you have to suffer those torrid conditions maybe some time off work?? :?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

feels freezing in here this morning and its 27C in this room. Im very comfortable after sleeping in my sauna last night did me a world of good.

Anyway its currently 26°C now (parts of wales are touching 28°C!) and cumulus id building I think there may be a storm later.

Posted

Min last night of 20c :shock:

Slept downstairs after 0300 as my room was too uncomfortable.

Had a few showers around 0800-0900 from very angry looking skies.

Now partly cloudy and 24c with a fresh E breeze but clouds moving the opposite direction!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.
Min last night of 20c :shock:  

Slept downstairs after 0300 as my room was too uncomfortable.

Had a few showers around 0800-0900 from very angry looking skies.

Now partly cloudy and 24c with a fresh E breeze but clouds moving the opposite direction!

Opposite direction eh that tells me your going to get a storm tis afternoon.

Posted

Currently 28c in the shade in the back garden.Fairly cloudy too,with spells of sunshine.I'm soooooo glad i've got this week off work! 8)

Posted

30C in Anglesey :shock: up to 28C here just about

Posted

31°C in Anglesey!

Posted

31.7 ºc, here. There's thin high cloud and that breeze that was present yesterday evening, but died down overnight, is back and looks a little stronger today 8)

Posted

:shock: .......just a 'touch' over 30c by 12.00 noon.

Posted

Currently 27ºC here in Northwich. It's clouding over and getting very very muggy.

BUT....

YIPPEEEE, I AM GETTING AN AIR CONDITIONING UNIT FOR MY OFFICE!!!!! :multi: SO I'M NOT GOING TO BE SO UNBELIEVABLY HOT ANYMORE...COMING TOMORROW HOPEFULLY!

:multi: :multi: :multi: :multi:

Posted

Me thinks you'll really need it tomorrow, MSL! Temeratures are expected to peak tomorrow! No such luxury for me, unfortunately 8)

I'm a night worker and if you think working in this heat's bad enough, try sleeping in it :cry:

regards,

Rob W (who's thinking of buying himself some sort of air-conditioning unit for the next heatwave!)

Posted

Rob,

Just to let you know that I do sympathise with you. My other half worked for Tesco's, Night Shift for over a year, and he had the same trouble as you last summer, couldn't sleep. :sleeping:

You could hire an air con unit, but I managed to get us on for just over £300 including VAT, to hire they are roughly £90 odd a week with a minimum hire period of 4 - 8 weeks. :shock:

B&Q sell them, but I have been on their web site and as you would expect, they are all completly out of stock. :x

Anyway, hope you manage to get some kip. :changes:

I know night shift is no fun at the best of times. :-)

Posted

Anglesey is 33°C

28°C here

Posted

33 ºc and what looks like some more substantial cloud building from the southwest. The wind's picked up a bit more too! Early signs of something happening?

Posted
You could hire an air con unit, but I managed to get us on for just over £300 including VAT, to hire they are roughly £90 odd a week with a minimum hire period of 4 - 8 weeks.   :shock:

I might see what's on offer on eBay. You never know, I might be able to pick one up for a lot less than that 8)