Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Reports - 03rd June 2005

PB22

Posted

Please use this thread for posting REPORTS ONLY of any storms that occur today, Friday 03rd June 2005.

Thanks!

Posted

Infrequent distant rumbles here in Dover, woke me up at 7am. Not very intense though....(still got the kids up and the cats in though!)

Posted

It's been thundering up here in Thanet for a good hour now. Seems to be towards Margate and out into the north sea, stretching inland towards Canterbury from what my mate has just told me. Theres a few forks of lightning in this thing too - a few too many for my liking hehe.

So much for the much needed extra hour in bed!!!

Jamie

Posted

I'm in Canterbury, currently in middle of thunderstorm, so dark out there that lightning really bright, heavy rain. Doesn't sound that close yet!! House lights have flickered a couple of times.

Also heard the distant rumbles between 6.30 and 7.00 this morning.

I'm home alone and HATE thunderstorms, ES will be missing this at work and he loves them!

Edit: Having just posted this huge fork of lightning with instant thunder, lost my broadband connection at same time.

Edited by Kentish Snowgirl

Posted

Died down here for the time being in Thanet but just had a text from my friend stating that there is "One hell of a storm" in Canterbury. Guess what appears to be heading this way. I gotta venture out and go to work too - hate doing that in storms! :)

Posted

Just heard a rumble of thunder here in Maidstone. Brief flash of lightening could be seen as well... :)

Posted

At 9.40 it all kicked off here in Margate for about 15 minutes. Torrential rain and loads of thunder and lightning. A lesser storm passed through at about 7.15, heavy rain but not as intense as this latest one. Plenty of distant rumbles can be heard. The first one i heard was at 6.30, and I am still hearing them now.

Posted

First heard the storm at about 8am and it appears to have now moved off last heard a rumble at about 9.55am.

Callie :)

Posted

Has continued to rumble with thunder although rain stopped. Gone very dark again, storms now more intense with lots of lightning and thunder, heavy rain now falling.

Lights keep flickering and keep losing my broadband connection

Posted

Very nasty storm just passed over the Dover Straits, swirling clouds, but couldn't see anything happening, should be very impressive over Margate and Canterbury, get your cameras out boys!

Posted

Can hear thunder rumbling away just offshore as the Kent storms pass up by the East Anglian coastline.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unexpected gusts of wind, and cumulus clouds in rude and amusing shapes.

Has anyone taken photos of the storms currently affecting South East England?

Posted

These storms look really good. One storm in the extreme SE has struck 100+ strikes of lightning. Any chance of that heading towards Ipswich PAUL B?? Will we see anything good this afternoon?

Posted

A thunderstorm has just passed over here. Fairly heavy rain and thunder heard overhead.

Posted

Got a heavy heavy downpour over Selby heading East atm a few intense CGs but mainly CC's as it comes towards us

Anyone east of York/Selby area look to your west you should be able to see the rainfall atleast its that heavy

Digital camera doesnt get here till tomorrow :D

Posted

Torrential Rain and Booming Thunder in Central London, Got your Storm Matt!1 :D:D

Paul Sherman

Posted

Storm just clearing here in Middlesex. Was intensely black just before it all kicked off, looked like night almost. In a 30 min period we saw only 6 rumbles and flashes, good for me cause I hate storms!

Fam