Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

18th - 23th September

highcliffe2

Posted
  • Location: lootons, bedfordshires, somewheres in SE Englands & E Anglia

very heavy rain at 3.15pm, driving rain, extremelt blustrys, temp is dropped from 19c to 10c within an hours!! very cheely suddenlys, rain is now stopped and rainbow is flying high!!! me is forecast 6c tonights! wickeeeeed!! autumn is heres!! me is got 2c forecast for tomorrow night! maybe me is will see me's first firost innits!!!!!

Posted

HUGE change in the weather today.

0700 was clear and 17c which rose to 19c in early sunshine

then..... torrential showers and persistent very heavy rain through lunchtime until about 1700

then... a total amazing cold front clearance and sunny end to the day with temps rapidly down to 11c

Posted

sky is very orange and very starange clods, they is grey streaked orange and fanning out from a base??????????????????? very weird!!! temp is 11.0c. very wintry sky indeeds!! rain is finito, rainbow is vaneeshed!

Started off nice and mild, then about 1:pm (ish) a very intense rainfall, the temperature then dropped dramatically. Was like stepping out of a mild Spring day into a cold wintry blast in a matter of hours.

Wonder if today has now put an end to what's been a pretty good Summer! And are todays dramatic change in weather indicative of whats to come over the next few months!

Phil.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Yes very different feel to things and rather refreshing. 12C (54F) and sunny here with a fresh NNW'ly breeze

Posted

Yes a very different feel to things today, Feels a lot like autmn but in a good way, Nice and sunny with cloudless skys and a very fresh feel.

As I have said in anouther thread, It is amazing the transition from 38 degrees celcius to autmn and snowfalls on high levels all in the space of 6 weeks.

But as WF also said this does not mean we are in for a really cold snowy winter as of right now, This is the way autmn is one day can be cold and sunny wheras the next can be very warm and sunny and one day can be heavy rain with floodings and tornadoes waterspouts etc etc, Whereas the next day can be like today, Sunny and dry.

That is the typical autmn pattern.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms

wow what a differance...12c here at the mo..im expecting a low of 2 tonight as the local weather says.wind from the north a 8mph

Posted

This cool snap has no relation to this Winter....if you believe the chaos theroy that is!

I expect a low of possibly 0c here tonight, and a ground frost is likely!!!

Posted

A sunny day here today but the suns gone down already 8)

Therefore Autumn is here.

Max today of just 14c but very pleasant nonetheless.

Now it's already dropped to single figures and frost expected by morning.

Posted

A min of 6.6c last night. Has been a cool day which I had anticipated with a refreshingly nice breeze. There have been some good cloud formations today and at one point I thought a shower may be likely, but I'm now left with a clear evening and temperatures are tumbling, now 10.3c. Would be nice to see a slight ground frost tomorrow morning 8)

Posted

What a cold night it was.

Temps reached as low as -3C in Redhill. Ground mins were even lower with -6C in a number of places eg

Topcliffe -6°

Boscombe Down -6°

Also these places were very cold on the ground too-

Benson -5°

Lossiemouth -5°

Aviemore -5°

Redhill -5°

Bracknell -5°

Larkhill -4°

Hereford/Credenhill -4°

Dishforth -4°

Bournemouth -4°

Marham -4

Posted

Coldest ight of the Autumn so far here, not quite cold enough for a frost though with overnight minimum of 2ºC.

Currently there are masses of Cu med. marching in off the Atlantic on a force 2 SE breeze. Temperature a cool 14ºC.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Welcome to the forum David hope you enjoy posting here! 8)