Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow/Wintry Precipitation Reports: 18th - 25th October 2003

Paul

Posted

Please post your snow or wintry precipitation reports in here, please don't post fake reports, as we will try and verify all reports and any we can't verify will be deleted!

Heres hoping there are quite a few reports in here over the coming few days :wink:

Posted

I know this is cheating a bit, as really I should only post when I see snow where I am but Click here to see some of the highest peaks in the UK on webcams - where you can see the first snow of this spell has fallen on the 'gorms. :)

Posted

Posted by Anton in Glasgow @ 12.49 - 20/10

an unforcast light snowishy hail shower just past by i so wasn't expecting that here in glasgow the jocks seem to be geting a fare share of snow it was on the regional news this mornin showing the first snow fall up north in the highlands

Posted

Had a lot of rain and sleet showers here in North East England. One heavy shower turned to snow around lunchtime, and it was heavy enough to cause some snow to collect around my winscreen wipers on the car. Rain after that though.

Posted

Snowfall @ Darwen Lancashire, West Pennines.

Just had some very light snowfall here in darwen, I only noticed it when I got up to go get a coffie and saw it drifting past, Its stopped now and I can see white fall streaks dropping out of nearby shower clouds that I can see.

Just thought I would let you know.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Steady but light snow now falling here: Glenurquhart. -3.3C. :):):)

It'll probably turn to sleet once the sea-air penetrates in land though. :cry:

Posted

We just had a heavy hail shower around 10 minutes ago.There was around 4cm of it.

Posted

just had a sleet shower only a light shower, if it was heavier it woulr probably have been snow :D

Posted

Had our first snow shower in Norwich this afternoon.It was very wet but still snow. :D:D

Reports on the radio said there was also snow showers in other parts of Norfolk including the coast :D:D :lol:

Posted

Had several sleet & hail showers throughout the day in South Wales.

Temperatures have had a struggle although winds are much lighter!

WB

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

The area of precipitation to my west finally came over (albeit only for 15 minutes, before dying out) and gave a shower of fine sleety rain! Shame it didn't come earlier in the day, as it would've snowed then, but I was lucky in a way (anywhere upwards of 1 mile east of me got nowt!)

PS Cheshire, after Merseyside, is probably the North West's least snow prone region.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

we have some sleety rain now!

Posted
  • Location: Crocketford nr Dumfries, Dumfries and Galloway 124m a.s.l
  • Location: Crocketford nr Dumfries, Dumfries and Galloway 124m a.s.l

Had a sleet shower here earlier, unfortunately the main band of rain,sleet and snow is 2 the north of me, :)

Posted

Its been very VERY lightly snowing for about the past hour here where I am, also, noticed on Metcheck, warnings of snow in N Ireland, Scotland and, get this the WEST!!!

Posted

Dont worry Tim, the stuff here, is so light, it could be very fine rain, it just seemed to float down, but rain can do that!!!

Posted

Thats what it was doing earlier here, It looked more like rain to me with maybee snow mixed in but it was that difficult to see that I didnt think anything of it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

All yesterday's snow and slush has now turned in sugar frosties. :(:):D:D

2 days with snowcover already! :D:):(:(:( :shock:

Posted

It's snowing here in Cumbria's Eden Valley. Thick fog this morning has lifted to very low, grey murk, and from it is falling proper light flakes of snow, settling instantly as it's still -1.5. Strange really, as we're on the western edge of the Pennines....perhaps it's just falling from the thick fog, like drizzle would if it was raining?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

some sleety rain here -can see the melting ice as the rain drops make contact with the ground feels rather cold at 3°C - temperature has dropped.

Posted

I'm hopeing for this afternoon. Much colder than I expected it to be at the moment only 4 degrees C, maybe i'll see some sleet or wet snow from the area of precipitation moving in. Will be good cos these conditions are extremely rare in this part of the country for this time of the year. I expect i'll be able to see the tops of the welsh mountains snow covered tomorrow even if nothing happens here anyway