Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Help With Weather Station

Andy H

Posted

hey up andy that looks pretty good ,i don`t know noting about weather stations but that looks the sort of thing i might get and around the right price.Keep us posted if you get one .I may be interested in getting one

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow , thunderstorms and wind

Hi Andy,

This looks a very good starter WS,

The fun is being able to upload from a pc to a website and this seems to do the job.

Best of luck on your purchase

Posted

yep that is what i was looking at on this one ,Ithink the oregan models are very good but a bit more money for this sort of set up

Posted
thats it i am buying it i will let you know how i get on

STOXS thanks for the support last night :doh:

ahhh ok mate i was of the same opinion as you i think ,no probs :D

garuntee someone post`s ,agggh don`t buy one of those they are rubbish , the night you get yours home.

Or i got an old one of those you can have for £10 :doh:

Edited by STOXS

Posted
lol i know but you need to start somewhere and this is the one i am starting with it is within my budget and seems to do what i want it to do

I must admit the la crosse models are good for the money, i have the WS2500, very good but update rate is a bit slow. But for the moeny it does exactly what i want. Although a few minor interference problems with the temp sensor all else is going good. :D

Good luck with your station :doh::doh:

Posted

just concerned about this :

"DCF-77 radio controlled time and date reception "

Depending where you live, you may be better seeing if they have a version which receives MSF from Rugby as the signal from DCF in Germany may be a bit weak and also their summer/winter time change isn't the same as the uk !

Maybe a uk seller will supply the MSF version anyway.

Posted

Hi Andy,

that is exactly the same one I use :D (you can even see the rain gauge in my webcam shot)

La Crosse WS2300

run it wired not wireless though!!! give me a shout if you want any ideas, if i don't know or anyone else on here, then i can put you onto a forum that does :D

Edited by tugmistress

Posted
hey andy been a day or two is the station on it`s way yet ?

hi mate i have held off i realised i had brought net weather extra and am in the prize draw would be just my luck to buy one then win one so iam waiting untill the draw is done and then will buy it

Posted
hi mate i have held off i realised i had brought net weather extra and am in the prize draw would be just my luck to buy one then win one so iam waiting untill the draw is done and then will buy it

LOL yep know what you are saying but if you win one you can always sell it get your ££back

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Hi People

I am also thinking about getting a weather station. Not sure if you've got your weather station yet Andy but I've found a site that has a list of stations:

http://www.ukweathershop.co.uk/acatalog/la...ogy_ws_sub.html

Could anyone give any more advice as to which is the best or best value weather station? Some on the link above are a little cheaper and maybe of better value.

Also I've found if you do a search in google you can find the same weather station for less. Might save a bit of money:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it!

The WS-2300 is a great model, i've had mine for just over a year now and its been great, the wind sensor was faulty but I had a free replacement and it works fine now. I highly recommend getting it, as it displays a lot of different data. Great value too :)

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

HiAll

I have been a "fan" of this website for a couple of years but never took part in the forums.

I recently got a weather station (Modena Weather Station FW301 Ferrari) and have set it up and placed the temperature and humidity sensor on the shed approximately 2-2.5m off the ground. It is in the shade all day long and faces the house (North) - it is well within the 30 metres range. The main unit is in the lounge and there is only the one wall between the sensor and main unit.

Below is an example of the weather station I have:

http://www.bb-shopping.com/products/Modena...rr=&m=1.00&cc=4

Problem I have is that the temperature readings seem to be inaccurate in the main part of the day. Yesterday, the tempreature read 14.2C but when I went outside I could tell it wasn't anywhere near that - more like 6-8C. The sensor isnt in the sun at any point so not sure how it could be affected. Yet the other night it went down to -2.6C and I dont reckon it was colder than this outside (I live at 0m sea level about 1.5 miles from the Kent Coast) so it appears that in the day it reads approx 4C higher than it should do but at night it is probably about right.

Any ideas to rectify this problem?

Regards

John G

Posted
HiAll

I have been a "fan" of this website for a couple of years but never took part in the forums.

I recently got a weather station (Modena Weather Station FW301 Ferrari) and have set it up and placed the temperature and humidity sensor on the shed approximately 2-2.5m off the ground. It is in the shade all day long and faces the house (North) - it is well within the 30 metres range. The main unit is in the lounge and there is only the one wall between the sensor and main unit.

Below is an example of the weather station I have:

http://www.bb-shopping.com/products/Modena...rr=&m=1.00&cc=4

Problem I have is that the temperature readings seem to be inaccurate in the main part of the day. Yesterday, the tempreature read 14.2C but when I went outside I could tell it wasn't anywhere near that - more like 6-8C. The sensor isnt in the sun at any point so not sure how it could be affected. Yet the other night it went down to -2.6C and I dont reckon it was colder than this outside (I live at 0m sea level about 1.5 miles from the Kent Coast) so it appears that in the day it reads approx 4C higher than it should do but at night it is probably about right.

Any ideas to rectify this problem?

Regards

John G

Hi, it may well be a faulty sensor, or the shed is acting as a heating element that when sun is on the one side the air inside the shed heats up thus heating the walls, the walls then conducut heat into the nearby air where the sensor is located. That theory doesnt explain the night time temps though, try seeing if by moving it makes a difference, like bringing it into the house and see how accurate it is. You may also want to consider the possiblity of radio interference, this is a problem even at 433mhz and my wireless station as sometimes i get Spikes of about 40c.

Posted
Hi, it may well be a faulty sensor, or the shed is acting as a heating element that when sun is on the one side the air inside the shed heats up thus heating the walls, the walls then conducut heat into the nearby air where the sensor is located. That theory doesnt explain the night time temps though, try seeing if by moving it makes a difference, like bringing it into the house and see how accurate it is. You may also want to consider the possiblity of radio interference, this is a problem even at 433mhz and my wireless station as sometimes i get Spikes of about 40c.

Thanks for the information - it could well be the sun heating up the shed. The night time temps seem to be about right so surely this means the sun is affecting the temps. I will try moving it around at the weekend to experiment.

Posted
Thanks for the information - it could well be the sun heating up the shed. The night time temps seem to be about right so surely this means the sun is affecting the temps. I will try moving it around at the weekend to experiment.

Cool, well if nighttime temps seem ok then its got to be the shed, i have the same problem in my set, where ever i put the temp sensor there is some material like bricks ect, that may alter the reading slightly, but its being moved onto a ver large pole soon, so the house doesnt have an affect.

hope you get it sorted. ;):)