Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Friday 5th May 2006

reef

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Briefly got up to 21.6C but down again to 19.2C. Much fresher today too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Dry/sunny

Temp 20.1c

Pressure 1019

Humidity 24%

Wind direction S

Wind speed 9mph

Posted

:) A beautiful day - IMO the perfect summer day....

Long sunny spells, scattered cumulus, refreshing SW breeze, max 20c.

Clear & sunny now, temp 19c.

Posted

Lovely day today very warm indeed.

Just a little experiance report from today :

had a very strong wirlwind. Was sat by a small area of water, and all the time i was sat there there was no wind at all, then wind startred to pick up from the west not a gust but a constant wind and quickly got stronger and stronger and lots of big swirling ripples on the water, then it hit and dust/debris starting rotating around me and a relitly large area, qucikly dissapeared though. It was just like a tornado hitting but smaller ofcourse. Its the biggest and storngest i have ever experianced and covered a wide area, must have been the heat that triggered it. :)

Right back to weather conditions,

Temp currently 20.7c (todays max) Dew 3.6c

33% RH

1021 Stable

5.7MPH from the south

Station prediction - Clear sunny weather next 24hrs

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

brilliant clear air across the highlands today, tiny bits of high cloud ("little fluffy clouds" if you remember the Orb), could see for &^%$ing miles... RH here lowest since the autumn, dropped to 29% at one point, temp topped at 23C, winds freshish. Can we have all summer like this pleeeeeeeeeeeze?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
brilliant clear air across the highlands today, tiny bits of high cloud ("little fluffy clouds" if you remember the Orb), could see for &^%$ing miles... RH here lowest since the autumn, dropped to 29% at one point, temp topped at 23C, winds freshish. Can we have all summer like this pleeeeeeeeeeeze?

Brilliant indeed HC...Did you notice, what looked like, decayed anvil-tops out west during the afternoon? :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
Brilliant indeed HC...Did you notice, what looked like, decayed anvil-tops out west during the afternoon? :)

hmmm... looked like bits of cumulus and cirrus; there was some bigger stuff out west, beyond the coast, but i didn't look hard and i'm no expert anyway :) could see a long way north though, sutherland was almost close enough to touch from near poolewe.

Posted

Wow :) what a day. Over 25c and had temps in the kitchen of 27c. Now a respectable 18c as the sun dips in the sky :)

Posted
Lovely day today very warm indeed.

Just a little experiance report from today :

had a very strong wirlwind. Was sat by a small area of water, and all the time i was sat there there was no wind at all, then wind startred to pick up from the west not a gust but a constant wind and quickly got stronger and stronger and lots of big swirling ripples on the water, then it hit and dust/debris starting rotating around me and a relitly large area, qucikly dissapeared though. It was just like a tornado hitting but smaller ofcourse. Its the biggest and storngest i have ever experianced and covered a wide area, must have been the heat that triggered it. :)

Yup, that'll be a dust devil.

Differential heating over concrete surfaces and lower level wind convergence zones tend to set them off, particularly in the midlands.

Posted

Report for Friday 5th May 2006, Readings taken at 23:55.

The warmest day of the year so far. After a very mild night it was a sunny day with pleasantly low humidity and a light breeze to take the edge off.

Current Temp: 10.3°C

Max Temp: 21.8°C (at 15:45)

Min Temp: 10.3°C (Current)

Humidity: 80%

Min Humidity: 48% (at 15:41)

Pressure: 1021.0hPa (Steady)

Dewpoint: 7.0°C

Wind: SE (Calm)

Rain Today: 0.0mm

My May average currently stands at 13.1°C (+2.1°C Above the 1971-2000 average).