Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ken Ring's Winter Forecast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

Most of our rain was overnight and the flood sirens, as the moors/streams ran off into the river ,sounded at 9a.m.

Posted

Ok...localised then, or perhaps I'm being mean, but surely the third week of January will be remembered for an exceptional storm with high winds and had that been picked up on, then I would take notice.

Ok...localised then, or perhaps I'm being mean, but surely the third week of January will be remembered for an exceptional storm with high winds and had that been picked up on, then I would take notice.

Whatever. My report of 6 Dec said drier conditions 9-16 Jan, then the UK winter would begin about now and generally not let up until after 19 May, hail and sleet/snow even extending into June for some areas. In other words winter late in arriving and a cool spring.

So far this has been the case so hard to say it was not picked up on.

Ken Ring

www.predictweather.com

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
Whatever. My report of 6 Dec said drier conditions 9-16 Jan, then the UK winter would begin about now and generally not let up until after 19 May, hail and sleet/snow even extending into June for some areas. In other words winter late in arriving and a cool spring.

So far this has been the case so hard to say it was not picked up on.

Ken Ring

www.predictweather.com

Well you're dryer spell has gone badly. Theres misses and theres misses.

I haven't checked out your comments about fog as fog is very rare in our parts these days anyway in our parts. So your challenge is to find out why the moon is removing fog from our area and when will it return. Give me some datesw I'll note it down and see what happens. Then post the results.

I believe the possibility of a late start to wintry weather was discussed on the BBC News or by the BBC Weather Centre

as far back as late-November.

As I recall their usual practice is to say both a severe winter and a very mild one at different times, a bob each way, so they can always claim they said it first somewhere. Then when you try to nail them for a solid longrange prediction they say they can't go more than 3 days ahead.

Late November eh? If you look at my UK report of last year you will see I projected ahead to this current season without wavering my view. From (still on my website) my report issued on 10 April 2006, "Next (UK) winter of 2006/7 should be rather mild compared with winters of the recent past..some areas may not get any snow until February 2007 and in some areas late season snowfalls may persist into May and June..winter may begin for the UK with a milder January..a coolish March-May, without breaking any winter cold records..the whole summer of 2007 won't be as hot as it has been in recent years...2008 may begin with a very mild winter and, mid year, a very mild summer."

So of you're comparing me and the BBC I do think I said it first..

Ken Ring

Thanks for the input Ken.. Was beginning to think you'd run off and left us.. :lol:

No, I was expecting a response about the fog from The PIT, last post three weeks ago. In lieu of one I thought the thread might have been closed, so I put another message up and was very relieved to find I was still able to post..!

Ken Ring