Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Boarhunt Tornado and Tornado in Wales

Posted
I know totally geographically unrelated, but just found this link..............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21Oa7cHnNsA&NR

Very scary!!!!

WFM

I was worried about those ponies :blink: But paper said they were ok... Daily Express had usual hysterical headlines about risk of killer tornadoes sweeping Britain today...are there any?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.

Judging the effects of the above tornado's, they were potentially killers, so IMO the Daily Express Possible killer tornado warning was a good call, ill'bet made to read as dramatic as possible :blink:

I would have left out the word killer :huh:

Edited by Rustynailer

Posted
Judging the effects of the above tornado's, they were potentially killers, so IMO the Daily Express Possible killer tornado warning was a good call, ill'bet made to read as dramatic as possible :blink:

I would have left out the word killer :huh:

John Mason (of the tornado and storm research organisation (Torro I presume)) reckons the welsh one (Bow Street) to be T4. Judging my the damage shown on the welsh news, I'm not suprised.

Edited by crimsone

Posted

There could have been a ball lightning event at the Aberystwyth tornado. I can't find a link to give you but this is from today's Western Daily Press....

.... Headline ; There was a fireball at my window

.... Quote ; "I was woken by a large crash and there was what looked like a huge red glowing fireball at the window about twice the size of a person's head. Then there was an enormous bang and water came pouring into the house."

Posted

Was speaking to my folks near Llandysul, west Wales, about 40miles or so south of the tornado. They had extremely heavy rain from a thunderstorm that night (Monday), which came in around double glazed windows onto the carpet. Very bad backyard flooding.

Edited by I can't believe it's not better

Posted

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/glouces...ire/6204568.stm

Report on BBC Points West at lunchtime with talk of a tornado in Tuffley (no use of 'mini' - hurrah!). They showed damage to rooves, gardens etc that included a spike embedded in a shed and had an interview with a TORRO rep who spoke of straight-line winds. Most interesting :blush: .

Posted

From today's sun.

The North West, Scotland and Northern Ireland are expected to be worst hit by mini tornados.

..and again

A mini tornado threw garden furniture and a giant trampoline through the air at a housing estate in Tuffley, Gloucester.

Link

:):)

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together
My%20Little%20Pony10.jpg

:););)

oh dont...poor little things - if they had been one of mine I would have been so petrified...not to mention fear of the massive vet bills. Thank god the ground was soft...the thing is if it could lift up a pony of only 12.2 hh and shifted a lorry over 7.5 tonnes- what would it have done to a human ;) . Everyone is lucky me thinks - especially when you look at how much glass would have been flying around too from that green house......