Temperature: 43°F/6c

Feels Like: 38°F/3c

Dew Point: 41°F/5c

Humidity: 93%

Wind: From the East at 8 mph

Visibility: Unlimited

Barometer: 29.65 inches and rising

UV Index: 0 Minimal

As Reported at: Bournemouth, United Kingdom Last Updated Monday, December 29, 2003, at 2:50 PM Greenwich Time (Monday, 9:50 AM EST).

Posted
  • Location: lootons, bedfordshires, somewheres in SE Englands & E Anglia
  • Location: lootons, bedfordshires, somewheres in SE Englands & E Anglia

the me is had light snowsmsince 2pms todays. 10.30 ams the me is had sleet shower and then rainy/sleet unteel thees afternoons. sleet is turns to snows and me is had snow fallings for hour or so's but pretty light, heavy at times. ground is was too wet for it to settles. then after 3.45pms sleety snow is got wickedly heavys and right nows it is still happenings since thens!! the me reckons it is the wet snow but it is very much the heavys man!!! currenlt 1.0c exoctly. temp is maxed at 2.1c today! bitterly colds! last night temp is was 1.4c. icy trecheroooos!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Tyneside has completely missed the wintry weather this time round, in stark contrast with the previous cold snap where Tyneside was one of the heaviest affected areas. On 27 and 28 December we maxed at 4 or 5C, and it was sunny with showers restricted to regions west of the Pennines. Last night got down to -2C and today was sunny and frosty with a maximum of 2 or 3C, frost on the ground all day, and snow showers drifting along the North Sea.

A pleasant enough spell IMO with the sunshine and the frost, but where did the widespread shower activity that I mistakenly predicted go?

Posted

Got to a high of -2.4 today, and is already -7.4C...looking like getting well below -10C tonight. Plenty of snow on the northern Pennines and Lake District hills...none at my level, but with all this frost...who cares!

Posted
Tyneside has completely missed the wintry weather this time round, in stark contrast with the previous cold snap where Tyneside was one of the heaviest affected areas.  On 27 and 28 December we maxed at 4 or 5C, and it was sunny with showers restricted to regions west of the Pennines.  Last night got down to -2C and today was sunny and frosty with a maximum of 2 or 3C, frost on the ground all day, and snow showers drifting along the North Sea.

A pleasant enough spell IMO with the sunshine and the frost, but where did the widespread shower activity that I mistakenly predicted go?

Indeed. Apart from the temps it's been like high summer here today. Not a cloud in sight, despite Tyne Tees weather promising scattered wintry showers throughout the area. Reading the other posts I feel I'm in a different country - the only wind up here is coming from shoppers rushing through shopping malls for the sales and the bright sunshine is a major traffic hazard. Would someone please remind the snow clouds that the UK has a region known as the north east and they are very welcome here.

Posted

Nationwide extremes

WARMEST

Weather station Altitude Daytime Temperature

Scilly, St.Marys 31 metres 9.3°C

Culdrose 82 metres 7.9°C

St.Catherine's Point 16 metres 7.7°C

Isle of Portland 53 metres 7.6°C

Plymouth Wc 50 metres 7.2°C

Camborne 87 metres 7.1°C

Guernsey 102 metres 7.1°C

Shoreham 2 metres 7.1°C

Langdon Bay 117 metres 7.0°C

Herstmonceux 17 metres 6.8°C

COLDEST

Weather station Altitude Overnight Temperature

Tulloch Bridge 237 metres -7.2°C

Shap 249 metres -6.9°C

Loch Glascarnoch 265 metres -6.8°C

Eskdalemuir 242 metres -5.5°C

Redesdale 207 metres -5.0°C

Leeming 40 metres -4.9°C

Topcliffe 25 metres -4.9°C

Machrihanish 13 metres -4.8°C

Preswick rn 6 metres -4.8°C

Spadeadam 285 metres -4.8°C

WETTEST

Weather station Altitude Total Daily Rainfall

Bournemouth 11 metres 25.0mm

St.Catherine's Point 16 metres 25.0mm

Guernsey 102 metres 24.0mm

Thorney Island 4 metres 23.0mm

Plymouth Wc 50 metres 17.0mm

Cardinham 200 metres 16.0mm

Liscombe 348 metres 16.0mm

St.Mawgan 119 metres 16.0mm

Camborne 87 metres 15.0mm

Charlwood 80 metres 14.0mm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted

Very cold across Scotland tonight!

Already a teeth-chattering minus 10 in Loch Glascarnoch. I'm sure we would see something around -15 in the most sheltered glens into tomorrow morning.

-1C here, clear skies, light breeze. Frosty & icy.

WB

Posted

Now it's -9.4C and dropping still. Do I have my thermometre in the freezer? Guess you could say I live in a bit of a frost pocket; nearly 700ft up, 40 miles inland and surrounded by fells, the cold air just seems to roll in to the village. Tonight is our 21st night of air frost this month....I love it!!

Posted

right sorry a know this should not be here but a just have to say am sick of this man !!!when a was younger 5 or 6 am now 16 we had great winters laways had a lot of snow this year ave not even had a flakse of snow seriously we re turning into africa lol not that bad but honestly wats happening these days for snow in the future kids will just have to go abroad or look on the tv to see what snow is its depressin times :cry: :cry: :cry: