Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

May Photo Competition

Posted

Very nice pics mate and congrats, i urge you to put some form of copyright on them though or they will get knicked :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!
Ahhh cheers guys, well we has some stunning structures to shoot, I only wish some of the shots came out better, stil im delighted with me catch this year.

Excellent shots Steve, really are. Im out storm chasing tomorrow just wish it was in America! :wallbash: Those clouds are spectacular! I'm sure Paul has some great photos too. Must have been such a buzz to be there to witness such powerful, menacing looking clouds. Great stuff.

Mammatus

Posted

My 3 for the month as well.

post-24-1180566843_thumb.jpg - LP Supercell 4th May 2007

post-24-1180567356_thumb.jpg - Weatherford Lightning 2007

post-24-1180567046_thumb.jpg - Plains Sunset

Paul Sherman

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

Superb photos steve the 2nd one is absolutley awesome almost looks like the head of a greek goddess with waving hair..!!

Can anyone else see it or should i just keep taking the medication :wallbash: ..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!

Great photos Paul. Some amazing cloud formations! When are you booking up for storm chasing 2008?

Mammatus

Posted

Hey!! yes thats it a face with sunbeams striking outward :-) hey Paul nice shots man feel like I have forced yer arm to put em on lol

Posted
Great photos Paul. Some amazing cloud formations! When are you booking up for storm chasing 2008?

Mammatus

Dont know yet Gav ?? Would not mind going back in June if a Severe Pattern evolves but only 5% on this at the moment, could have posted about 400 pictures to be fair and I am sure Steve & Pete have hundreds of images as well. I know Stewart (Audmun) took nearly 4000 pictures

Paul S

Hey!! yes thats it a face with sunbeams striking outward :-) hey Paul nice shots man feel like I have forced yer arm to put em on lol

Its the only month I stand a chance Steve :wallbash: Seriously though i have about 20 Mammatus pictures and the 6 that make up the Gust Front on the Throckmorton cell, but we are only allowed 3 :wallbash::wallbash: Also have the 1/2 Mile wide wedge Tornado.

Posted

hey there all great mate, we are all so lucky this year, it was like shooting fish in a barrel :wallbash:

Posted
OK, at the last min here are 3 from me, named ---

PIC 1 = "BLUE"

PIC 2= "FACE OF THE STORM"

PIC 3= "ON THE STORM"

Cheers, Steve all pictures copyright Steve Lansdell MAY2007

post-110-1180565948_thumb.jpg

Blimey steve, even Cloudburst could not have photoshopped a better face then the on there. a stunning picture. Edited by Mick

Posted

*grumbles* blinkng last minute players *frowns* now yer both gonna make it hard for me this month aint ya :drinks: only kidding. Joking aside, there's some nice images this month submitted though. I was soo confident when i posted mine but then everyone's aces came out lol. Best of luck.

Regards

Pete

Posted

1. The Plym Estuary on a Bank Holiday Monday!

2. Gypsy Moth IV on her second return to Plymouth. Very historic!

3. Rowers after greeting the crew of Gypsy Moth IV

post-836-1180630428_thumb.jpg

post-836-1180630731_thumb.jpg

post-836-1180630752_thumb.jpg

Posted

Is there any point in entering wot with all these silly stormer chaser persons cheating by entering pictures of things from some hollywood sci fi film ...... ? :) :unsure:

Anyway, here's some good ol' home grown British convection - none of your namby pampy American stuff from me :D

cb2310507.jpg

And a bit of boring ol' British mamma (wot doesn't look very spectacular :) )

Mamma310507-1.jpg

(both those pictures were taken yesterday)

And a halo round the church sorta thingie taken on the 22nd

Halo2205073.jpg

Edited by Essan

Posted

Will leave this open until after the weekend, for any last minute submissions. Afterall, it takes time to finish the film, take it to the chemist and go and collect the prints....

Posted

Undeterred by yet another defeat, here are 3 for May's competition. I dare say someone else might post some very similar shots in the next few days, but remember who posted them first.

post-717-1180709209_thumb.jpg

post-717-1180709286_thumb.jpg

post-717-1180709293_thumb.jpg

Posted

Some really nice subject material there and very well taken, Audmun, great stuff from across the pond, ESSAN nice clear shots (baby storm) lol but great colours and super moon bow Osborne one nil again super shots and great subjects, I think as Pete the Brit mensioned everyone bringing out their aces at the last :-) think everyone deserves a pat on the back for some great work :clap::)

Edited by stevestorms

Posted

.........................& for next months project both Steven Speilberg & George Lucas have invited both myself & SteveStorms on their historic dual venture into their latest multi billion dollar special effects movie *the day following the day that went yesterday* for a photo shoot :) psst... Steve keep this one under your hat at all cost's, We can have June July & August wrapped up between us if we play our cards right;)

Is there any point in entering wot with all these silly stormer chaser persons cheating by entering pictures of things from some hollywood sci fi film ...... ? :lol: :hi:

Anyway, here's some good ol' home grown British convection - none of your namby pampy American stuff from me 8)

cb2310507.jpg

And a bit of boring ol' British mamma (wot doesn't look very spectacular :hi: )

Mamma310507-1.jpg

(both those pictures were taken yesterday)

And a halo round the church sorta thingie taken on the 22nd

Halo2205073.jpg

Posted
Meh.

Shudder..... the middle picture is of St Thomas' Hospital - I try to avoid work at the weekends! :lol: A good trip on the London Eye?!

Edited by snow raven

Posted
It's just been decided that this month's theme is "Splashes".

Now you've said that I understand what your second entry is :lol:

Nice pic :lol: