Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow/Wintry Precipitation Reports: 31st December 2003

Paul

Posted

Everyone has been soooo lucky!!! U dont know how lucky you are. everyone reporting snow yesterday even just showers but me here in bleeping liverpool has just got -4 to -2 temperatures and the weather is the same as last night, cold and icey, still not even one flake of snow yet!!! :x

Posted

There are a lot of roads closed in Scotland due to the snow and its moving this way!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

rather heavy snow falling here and a gusty wind 1C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.

Very heavy...SLEET mmm lovely! Mind you I am on the coast so would have been surprised if it did snow.

Posted

Its snowing here in darwen now, But I'm in the typical cramped kitchen new year party situation, So I'm not gonna be online much tonight.

Have a great new year though all of you :!: :)

Posted

This is really wierd. Its raining here, with bits of snow in it. Hopefully it will turn to snow soon. If its snowing on the coast, it should snow here!

Guest Phil_Uk

Nothing here as yet, but less than an hour after my report in the "Current Conditions" section, the wind has increased dramatically, and my lights have flickered twice in 10 minutes. :shock:

Could be an interesting night ahead. :?

Phil.

Posted

Its very localised, this snow. Its sleeting here, yet on the coast, its snowing heavily!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Very, very strange. The snow was supposed to be stuck over the Eastern side, while western areas were supposed to just see rain.

Official reports from Morecambe (where if anything they tend to overread the temperature) shows a current figure of 0.7C, with precipitation currently falling in the region. This has certain implications as far as my University location of Lancaster is concerned, particularly as it's just 5 miles SE from Morecambe and about 50m higher up.

Tyneside? Currently 3C and sleeting.

I don't understand... but why does it never seem to happen this way when I'm in Lancaster!?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

snow turning wet now after 1/2 hours of dry snow

Posted

Got 6 inches and incresing levels on the roads here now, Heavy snow driven by high winds, Blizzard conditions here now folks.

I'm gonna make a thread in the misc snow section for these pics I think Or make a temp page for them on my server, As they are huge, And I'm to lazy to be messing around trimming them in my state,

Posted

Dont worry, its been sleeting here, while on the coast, its been snowing a lot. It keeps changing between snow, then rain, then snow again....

Posted

Snow all the way here, Then I am at about a thousend feet altitude.

To see some of the pics I have taken of it see This Thread

Its in the misc weather section, As that is what that section is made for, Miscallanious stuff, Post any pics you have of the snow in my sticky thread in there please.

Have a good new and snow years eve :!: :)

Posted

im 400ft and ive had snow all the way and here come the dry snow blizzards again!

Posted

I cant believe how lucky you are! Im 400ft also, and seeing sleet this evening. Its very wet, so any snow that falls will not stick. It might become icy though...

Posted

HEAVY RAIN!!! Dry until about 6.45 and then... rain!!! getting heavier and heavier!! Nope, still no snow at all. Not a flake!!

Ive got 2 have worst weather in the whole UK!