Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow/Wintry Precipitation Reports: 31st December 2003

Paul

Posted

Good for you Snowpie, I thought it would come soon enough! Still snowing here, but lighter now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

THE SNOW IS SETTLING!

Temp just above 1C

I've started a New Year tradition when every time we have snow cover at New Year, at midnight I go outside and write "A Happy New Year" in the snow.

But with the way things are at the moment, I don't know when to do this- it may be that it'll warm up soon, making now the best time, or if the snow will keep settling, making midnight as good a time as any, maybe better than now.

Optimistically thinking, the milder air is still a way away to the west at present. And yes, it's still snowing around Lancaster, according to the Morecambe stats, albeit having wamed to about 1-2C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

very fine light snow falling and a covering here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

sleeting here now, was rain NOW SLEET :shock:

Posted

:D iT WILL SNOW xena...it started like that here & now it's unbelievable.......blizzards with massive flakes....... :D:( :lol: :lol: :D:D:D:D:(:D:D:D:( :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Happy new year :lol: :lol: :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

Not far from IKEA :D

Posted
  • Location: Crocketford nr Dumfries, Dumfries and Galloway 124m a.s.l
  • Location: Crocketford nr Dumfries, Dumfries and Galloway 124m a.s.l

very light covering of slushy crap here, just watch out for the rain turning to snow at the back end of the rain band.good luck for snow guys and happy new year.

Posted

:D:D Still BLIZZARDS here :lol: :lol: :lol: .....Everything is covered now, and temps have fallen back to 0c, from +2c a few hors ago :( :lol: :lol:

Good luck guys, and a very happy new year to you all :wink::wink:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Not even tried to turn to snow here..... just rain, rain and more rain..... :cry: :evil: :cry: :x

Posted

rain.....rain.....rain....rain. Turned back to dull rain.

SNOW!!!! SNOW!!!!!SNOW!!!! SNOW!!!!!SNOW!!!! SNOW!!!!!SNOW!!!! SNOW!!!!!SNOW!!!! SNOW!!!!!SNOW!!!! SNOW!!!!!SNOW!!!! SNOW!!!!!SNOW!!!! SNOW!!!!!SNOW!!!! SNOW!!!!!SNOW!!!! SNOW!!!!!SNOW!!!! SNOW!!!!!SNOW!!!! SNOW!!!!!SNOW!!!! SNOW!!!!!SNOW!!!! SNOW!!!!!SNOW!!!! SNOW!!!!!SNOW!!!! SNOW!!!!!SNOW!!!! SNOW!!!!!SNOW!!!! SNOW!!!!!SNOW!!!! SNOW!!!!!SNOW!!!! SNOW!!!!!SNOW!!!! SNOW!!!!!SNOW!!!! SNOW!!!!!SNOW!!!! SNOW!!!!!SNOW!!!! SNOW!!!!!SNOW!!!! SNOW!!!!!SNOW!!!! SNOW!!!!!SNOW!!!! SNOW!!!!!SNOW!!!! SNOW!!!!!SNOW!!!! SNOW!!!!!SNOW!!!! SNOW!!!!!SNOW!!!! SNOW!!!!!SNOW!!!! SNOW!!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Still snowing, but only light snow, and only a partial dusting on the ground.

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

oh the joy of living in a place that never gets snow. guess what??? it's raining here now. i knew all these reports of possible snowfall in my area were gonna be wrong, gone and messed me new year up now. was looking forward to building my first 2004 snowman :evil: :cry: :cry: :evil:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.

Have had the heaviest and most prolonged period of driving... sleet I've known for a long time. :? Why did I move to the West Coast of Lancashire? What a x place for snow this is! :cry: :cry:

Posted

The West Coast was never going to be an ideal place to live if you want snow. The west coast of Lancashire is warmed by the Irish Sea and sheltered from the north and east by mountains.

Further inland, or even further north, it's a different story, however, as the snow reports from other areas of Lancashire show.

In Tyneside the temperature has risen, as the snow has eased off almost to nothing. We saw a dusting of snow earlier, but it's now melting.

Posted

Snowing still, about 1cm so far