Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spot the owl.

Posted
Oh bah bah bah bah bah to the lot of you. I may be small, but I'm perfectly formed. Well, apart from my temper. And my hands. And my bad luck. And my accidents. And now my shattered confidence.

Laura you have been defrocked. I guess OON didn't take it too well then?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything

I just think that the word 'Ow'l is very funny in it's own right....Owl...it just has an amusing ring about it. Say it over and over again and you can't help but smile. Owl owl owly owly owl. :doh: Right that's me cheered up!

Edit - actually a friend of a friend got attacked by an Eagle Owl about a month ago, that cheered me up too!

Edited by azores hi

I just think that the word 'Ow'l is very funny in it's own right....Owl...it just has an amusing ring about it. Say it over and over again and you can't help but smile. Owl owl owly owly owl. :lol: Right that's me cheered up!

Edit - actually a friend of a friend got attacked by an Eagle Owl about a month ago, that cheered me up too!

So It pays your be your pal? :):)

Posted
I wish the bloody thing had attacked me.

*grumble*

Imagine that - I could have returned to the pier a few weeks later and found the owl pellet with a tiny human skeleton inside it. I'd then phone Ronnie Corbett and Jeanette Cranky and assuming they answered, I'd know whose skeleton it was. I could, of course, also check for signs of hundreds of minor injuries.

• 3 weeks later...
Posted
  • Location: Stewartstown (51m asl) , N.Ireland. (In Dazzling Dazza Land)
  • Location: Stewartstown (51m asl) , N.Ireland. (In Dazzling Dazza Land)
Nope, I didn't know. It was only after googling it a few minutes ago to try and find out how long the pier is, and then seeing the sodding thing here...

http://www.irishseashipping.co.uk/photofea...venpb100805.htm

... that I realised. I am now going to die of embarrassment. Bye bye.

:cc_confused:

Oh Wibs that is so so funny. I had been following this thread but hadn't been back to it for a bit until now and carried on where I left off.

:unknw:

Posted
I had my family up here over Xmas so Pictionary was, of course, brought out after a few drinks. I had to draw plastic (you know where I'm going with this) and, having told them all about the owl incident, decided that I'd draw an owl. It worked and my team went on to win :lol:

What a coincidence!!! I had exactly the same Pictionary task and my team all guessed:

VanDoll.jpg

Posted

I did a similar thing at Tesco in York. I saw this owl on top of one of the lamposts in the car park. I watched in amazement and was about to point it out to a passer by then suddenly thought "hmmmm" had a closer look and yes it was plastic :lol: