Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow/Wintry Precipitation Reports: 27th January 2004

Mrs Snow Lover

Posted

I very much hope so Paul. Suppose we'll hand over to the lucky lot in Yorkshire for now. Just to finish off, theres two snow pics @ h**p://www.mnuk.tv/snow/ not uite as clear as I hoped they'd come out though.

Posted

http://www.myfootballforum.com/webcam.php

Middlesbrough, loads of snow. I know we have about 3 inches, but there is supposed to be another band of snow at about 5pm which is gonna pass over us, that could double the abount of snow we have.

Posted

Just been on the phone to the parents. My dad reckoned 5-6 inches in Yarm, about 10 miles SW of Middlesbrough. His hobby is fishing, so perhaps 3 inches might be more accurate, though he did say it was drifting. Hopefully that band doesn't start disintegrating before it gets into my neck of the woods.

Posted

And here in Birmingham. Very fine at the mo, but while its too early to say whether we'll have any coverage, its not wet or sleety, quite the opposite in fact.

Posted

And now it has stopped.

If I hadn't of rushed out when I saw the Wolverhampton posts I'd have missed it. Unfortunately I woke my eldest biy up and dragged him down stairs to see it, and now I've had to persuade him back up again. The car is covered in very small but compact snow grains. Hopefully its the start of the front, and we'll get a lot more soon.

Posted

Light snow is falling steadily in Chorleywood, Hertofrdshire.

Sticking on the paths/roads already - fine, granular, arctic type snow.

333 feet asl.

Posted

Well it has just started up with a vengeance, and we now have a dusting. My son is down stairs again, my wife had got him down, and we've all been out in the road running round with our tongues out.

Posted
Well it has just started up with a vengeance, and we now have a dusting. My son is down stairs again, my wife had got him down, and we've all been out in the road running round with our tongues out.

Strange :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

SNOWING HERE! NICE BIG FLAKES THAT ARE SETTLING ON THE CARS... HAVING REEAD EARLIER POSTS FROM THE BIRMINGHAM AREA THOUGH I DO NOT HOLD OUT MUCH HOPE THAT IT WILL LAST!!

Posted

Stopped here :D

But reading other posts, i don't think this is the main band,

I shall be up till early hours, so will keep posting if we get more :D

Posted

Was snowing earlier, in south derbyshire, now its stopped, and just as i type this, its starting agian, looking out form my window i can see the lights from nottingham, bt looking out towards derby, i can just see an orange fuzz.

Guest ChaserUK

Well I am a very very long way south to wait but wait I will!!!!! Even then no guarentee I will see snow but that is what its all about being obsessed with the weather eh? Glad to hear all you guys are having so much fun however. Makes it all worthwhile! :D:D

Posted

Generally it's a very well organised belt moving south which should give a 2-3 hr spell of snow for most of the midlands. They're are a few annoying localised gaps in it, probably no wider than 10-20 miles across, which I hope doesn't cause upset - hopefully these gaps will fill in. Recently it looks like they've just been in the lee of the eastern side of the Peak District. The most organised snow area is currently over Lincolnshire, which affected Teesside and North Yorkshire a couple of hours ago.