Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Distant Snow Showers

Posted
  • Location: Cambridge (term time) and Bonn, Germany 170m (holidays)

Great pics - I went to the end of Wharfedale (Langstrothdale) to Yockenthwaite today, which is further W, and there were a couple of snow showers. Yesterday there was a very heavy snow shower in South Harrogate.

Pics from today are here.

I do think the Dales look superb on days like this - the wind constantly changing, showers, sun and snow. By far the most unspoilt, least touristy and most beautiful area of England IMO.

Posted

Love the cloud formations and showers. the Dales are a lovely place but for me in England the 'touristy' Lakes are my favourite with the more dramatic mountain scenery, also North Wales is another place I love. (I used to live in Burley in Wharfedale)

Posted
By far the most unspoilt, least touristy and most beautiful area of England IMO.

Can of worms! :D

I think "unspoiled" (or unspoilt?) is a very relative term in the UK. Much of the environment has been vandalised over many centuries. How much of our original forest remains?

Posted
Can of worms! :lol:

I think "unspoiled" (or unspoilt?) is a very relative term in the UK. Much of the environment has been vandalised over many centuries. How much of our original forest remains?

That is true. Perhaps this warrants a new thread? I think what I meant was that the Dales aren't overrun with tourists away from Grassington and the appearance is one of wilderness, even if hundreds of years ago it used to be forested.

PS it can be either "unspoiled" or "unspoilt" :lol:

Edited by Yeti

Posted
That is true. Perhaps this warrants a new thread? I think what I meant was that the Dales aren't overrun with tourists away from Grassington and the appearance is one of wilderness, even if hundreds of years ago it used to be forested.

PS it can be either "unspoiled" or "unspoilt" :lol:

Never quite understood why the more northerly dales of Teesdale,Weardale,Allendale weren't included and just have Dales National Park. Upper Teesdale esp is more special in terms of wildlife than anywhere in the Yorkshire Dales. I find Swaledale and Wensleydale are often very busy during summer months, best dale in Yorkshire is Arkengarthdale, quieter and wilder than those further South.

Mark

Teesdale,Co Durham

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Very nice pics there, the last one is my favourite. :lol: