Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow/Wintry Precipitation Reports: 28th January 2004 (2)

Tim B

Posted

Heaviest snow Ive ever seen in my life here! I watched it turn, and the lampost outside my house almost fell over. Already 1cm settled, after only 5 minutes :shock: I cant see out my attic window!!! :shock:

Posted
Heaviest snow Ive ever seen in my life here! I watched it turn, and the lampost outside my house almost fell over. Already 1cm settled, after only 5 minutes  :shock: I cant see out my attic window!!!  :shock:

See? What did i tell you in the other post? I told you your rain will turn into blizzards :wink: W'hoo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

:shock: Wow.....and i thought Swindon was boring!!..........Just before 1700 it started to rain a bit, then down came the snow!!! Very heavy with gale force winds too.

As if that wasn't enough there has been 6 flashes of lightening with a strange eerie roar of thunder! :shock: .........This is a first for me.Enjoy!

As i type there has just been another bright flash and rumble.Anyone else enjoying? :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

So Lancaster did get its snow, but less than virtually the whole of the rest of the country, thanks to those winds creating a concentrated warming to the east of Morecambe Bay.

1cm temporarily settled, half-melted, and then froze over.

Posted

It's snowing again here in Edinburgh. It's also absolutely freezing, so all the snow that melted when the sun came out earlier has frozen. It's going to be interesting getting home...

Jess

Posted
So Lancaster did get its snow, but less than virtually the whole of the rest of the country, thanks to those winds creating a concentrated warming to the east of Morecambe Bay.

1cm temporarily settled, half-melted, and then froze over.

95% melted here

Can;t seem them Scottish showers getting here now :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder and lightning
Does anyone from Hertfordshire know how long this snow band lasted for? as here in North West London it has been blizzard like for 30mins, about 5cm has fallen.. :(

50 minutes. It is snowing lightly though now.

Posted
  • Location: lootons, bedfordshires, somewheres in SE Englands & E Anglia
  • Location: lootons, bedfordshires, somewheres in SE Englands & E Anglia

ME IS JUST HAD BLEEZARDS AGAINS!!!! amazings man!!!!! me ius unables to bleieves the me's luck!! last nights snow is all melteds and then sunny and cloddy . at 4.20ishpms rain is came, temp is drops from the 4.2c to 0.1 and suddenly hail and all of sudden wicked bliazzard and snow storm is starteds!!! the me is was setting out to shops and the me is got caught innits and the me is not ables to see where the me was goings!!! it is was most amazing wonderful magical experience beings snow blinds

it is settled with in 2mins man! unbeieivables!!! suddenly white out is cames from nowehres!!! me is trudged in 3inches of snows to shops and eaten lot of snowflakies on the way!!!guffawwwwwwwwwwwwww! me is took lot of piccies and the me is will post on board but they is very flaky pics!! not too clear but anyways the me is will posts thems!!! me is finally got the me's camcorder workings iswells . it is decideds to switch ons at last min!mme is got lot of great footage!!!

thees snowstorm is was the best! lovely fatty flakies!!! best snow me is had since last jan!!! infact very much like the last jan but it is slowed down bit nows! damn cold iswells!!

doggy broadis is ran off to hillsides and is cames running home after half hour and the he is was like big white moving rug! me is shocked when the me is saw hims! gufawwwwwwwww, we is palyed sniowballs fights and the me is goings back outs to enjoy more..... back in tick!!

baldie the me is loves u's cute avatars! glad u is got lot of snows! me is hopes all snowfans is got tons of tons of snows like the me!! everybodys enjoys its!" it is the lucky years for all snowise!!!!!!!!!!

Posted

All the snow and hail has frozen solid here, Just been to the shop in it, Talk about frictionless surfaces, When I went to put some old pizza boxes in the bin out the back, The snow on it broke off in to glassy chunks.

If we get anymore snow on top of this, Well frictionless is all that comes to mind.

Posted

Ground is white here already, just moved my car onto a flat bit of road so hopefully it'll move in the morning :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Easygoing, but winter is meant to be white, dammit!

EXCELLENT...Complete whiteout here, can't see the streetlight 5-10 meters away...literally just had massive lightning and thunder, It's incredible

Posted

Like Crazy Snow Fan the temp dropped here in Burnham, Essex from 4C to 1C in about 45mins, and now we have an accumulation of about 1-2 inches in about an hour and there could be some more, although it's snowing lighter now but looks like further bands to the North. Big fat wet flakes which hopefully will compact when we get a frost tonight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

i've just been sledging with my boys and had a snowball fight! its weird all of a sudden white and everyone is out to play!

Posted

Currently snowing in Westminster... just seen on the news.. quite heavily too. A covering of a few cms already.

Posted

London Has seen nothing like this for a good ten years there is choas on roads and rail.. so far about 2inches outside my house in a space of about 30mins id say thunder and lightning and still raging on