Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Shuggee's Highland Adventure

Posted

Whilst folk down south probably had a miserable dull weekend wondering where spring was, I found it up north in the Highlands!

Have come back with a lovely sun tan and some beautiful memories and here's a few photos to share :D

All taken around Glencarron, Strathcarron, and Applecross looking over the sea to Skye, with lots of snow above 500/600m :D

post-1217-1208881258_thumb.jpgpost-1217-1208881238_thumb.jpgpost-1217-1208881221_thumb.jpg

post-1217-1208881357_thumb.jpgpost-1217-1208881280_thumb.jpgpost-1217-1208881332_thumb.jpg

post-1217-1208881402_thumb.jpgpost-1217-1208881377_thumb.jpgpost-1217-1208881444_thumb.jpg

post-1217-1208881306_thumb.jpgpost-1217-1208881424_thumb.jpg

Posted

lovely photos there,

like your holiday home on the last shot but not impressed to see you shooting to get your breakfast!

Posted

liking the style Shuggs, all you need is a deer stalker to go with ya hightops and you'd be sorted!!

You got some stunning pictures, love the ones over towards Skye!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Great pics there Shuggee! Pics 7 and 8 are my favourite.

Posted

We did have a lovely time - am very relaxed now!

Lovely Shugs :)

Mind you, that first photo looks a little out of sync. In fact, that looks near Appleby in Westmoorland? And is that a Saab in your sights?

Shhhhhh. You promised not to say.

The funny thing with the shotgun shot is that we had to stop shooting to let the Inverness - Kyle of Localsh train pass. How I would have liked to get revenge on Sprinters for superceding loco-hauled trains :)

Posted

That last one with the castle.. looks like ive seen it in a movie, but cant figure out which one :lol:

Posted

Highlander - the original and best!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowfall in particular but most aspects of weather, hate hot and humid.

Love the pic of the western end of Liathach in Glen Torridon Shuggee. My mate and I were on top of the ridge in that picture just last May.

Incidentally the scene in Highlander where Sean Connery and Christopher Lambert are fighting next to a stream that appears to disappear over a cliff was filmed at Coire Mhic Fhearchair on Beinn Eighe in Torridon.

Posted
That last one with the castle.. looks like ive seen it in a movie, but cant figure out which one :)

I think it features in nearly every film ever set in Scotland! Especially films where the characters never go anywhere near Loch Duich or even the Kintail area .... :) It's a sort of film board regulation - the protagonist is crossing Rannoch Moor to reach Eileann Donan Castle. Or stays at Eileann Donan whilst sailing in the Outer Hebrides. Or escapes from Eileann Donan Castle just outside Edinburgh.....

Anyway, great pictures Shuggee! How many Haggis did you get in the end? Season must be nearly over now? :(

Posted

Great photos Shuggee, you ought to try doing Applecross in the winter, very very scary. Strathcarron is approximately 3 miles from my house in Lochcarron. We have to travel through Glen Carron to do our shopping every fortnight in Inverness. Glad the was weather was good for you. ;)

Posted
Great photos Shuggee, you ought to try doing Applecross in the winter, very very scary. Strathcarron is approximately 3 miles from my house in Lochcarron. We have to travel through Glen Carron to do our shopping every fortnight in Inverness. Glad the was weather was good for you. :lol:

Tell you what Shadow,going from Plockton to Applecross in summer is bl++dy scary,

• 1 month later...
Posted

Those pics were truly a breath of fresh air, wonderful to se and loving the snow lines as well on the mountains. Couldn't pic a fave one but they are all truly excellent-aprt from the 1st one which scared me lol!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.

Great pictures there Shuggee. I recognize the pass of the cattle, even though the visibility was no good when I was there ;)