• No
    • Only after a few beers
    • I do, but have trouble parking mine

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter, warm and sunny in summer
just been reading this http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7398108.stm

and thought it may be of interest.

So whats your opinion? do they exist?

Hmmmm, I used to believe in aliens, ghosts, bigfoot, the Loch Ness Monster, all manner of things.....

...then I grew up!

Complete nonsense - sorry!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

I believe that extra terrestrial life exists somewhere out there, as we can't be the only miniscule dot in the universe. But I do believe these people who have "seen" UFOs are taking the mick and shouldn't be believed.

Posted

Ive seen Ball Lightning myself and had I been any other person I wouldnt have recognised what it was and instantly put it down to a UFO.

These flying triangles have now been put down to a UAV which is operating out of Warton I believe and most people wouldnt recognise phenomenon that people like us would understand (Irdium flares, Halo's etc.)

Just because a object is "Unidentified" doesnt automatically mean its a rocket-ship powered by little green men, I think the term has been misinterpreted throughout the media to make people that that a UFO is actually Aliens when infact its more more likely to be explainable.

Posted

i like the story of the pub staff who saw green and red lights heading towards gatwick

Posted

I just have to ask myself: If an alien life force had the technology to travel all that distance (because we still haven't found anything in our range thats even remotely alive) to covertly study man and his environment, do you think they would cover the outside of the ship in pretty lights?

Amazing how the existence of UFOs has really stemmed from a time when the US were studying rocket and jet powered machines that were obviously quite a bit ahead of the then current thinking.......

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

No UFO's don't exist it is just a way for the human mind to keep hold of hope that someone else knows of our existence.

Thats not saying something does not exist other than us, that we'll never know but if they are alive they will probably not have the technology to come here.

That said, no proper evidence = extreme scepticism

Posted

With reports like this (from the BBC news story)

A further document reveals how, on 21 February 1982, a group of customers and staff at a Tunbridge Wells pub reported an unknown object with green and red flashing lights - seen heading in the direction of Gatwick airport.

who could possibly have any doubts?

:o :lol: :angry: :lol: :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

:angry: :lol:

Makes me laugh that one!

Posted

I personally do not think we are being visited by aliens otherwise more distinct evidence would be around. I do though think we are not the only living beings in this universe. Statistics alone when you work out the billions of stars, billions of galaxies etc that somewhere, life will be living to a more or less advanced status than we are. Most I would say is going to be bacteria, algae types plants, micro-organisms and so on, but maybe just a few also have higher forms of life, animals, more advanced plants such as trees etc.

One of those things we cannot say one way or the other and thus must be left as labelled an "unkown", we may never know either when the distances of the universe are considered.

It's pure arrogance to believe that we are on the only planet with life.

Why? We still have no idea how life formed. Without knowing that, saying that life exists elsewhere is baseless in light of the lack of any signal yet detected. There may well be life out there, but until we actually know how it started or until we find evidence the logical position to take is that we don't know.

Posted

What always amuses me is how all flying saucer inhabitants look not only humanoid but in many cases are almost identical to humans. Now, a 20ft long semi-transparent blob with 6 mouths, no eyes, a body divided into 12 segments, half covered in a silicon shell, with 32 limbs, that breathes methane, communicates by pheromones and sees in infra-red via cells along the length of it's body? That I might believe.

Posted
Hmmm reminds me of a girl I once.... never mind.... :)

She said her name was stella, inter stella

Posted

I believe the universe is teeming with life. However I don't believe in UFOs. I suppose it's quite possible we're bypassed once in a million years but we're probably quite unremarkable on the universal scale & if you have the technology to travel intergalactic distances, we can't have much to show you. I suppose it might be a little like passing Slough to get to Heathrow & on to somewhere really interesting :o

Dave

Posted
i like the story of the pub staff who saw green and red lights heading towards gatwick

That one even made ole jumbo chops laugh :rofl:

post-6600-1210851314_thumb.jpg

Steve

• 2 months later...
Posted

Um well, I believe it only coz I have seen something recently :blush: , and I was going to tell you all about it, but feel embarrased so I shant ! ................

Posted
Um well, I believe it only coz I have seen something recently :blush: , and I was going to tell you all about it, but feel embarrased so I shant ! ................

come on do tell there have been loads of sightings down this way lately

Posted
and maybe they are more informed then most :blush: :)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7399661.stm

I've only just read this, I nearly fell off my chair laughing :)

Posted
I've only just read this, I nearly fell off my chair laughing :blush:
well as i said, perhaps they are better informed in the Vatican, stephen :)

after reading last nights convection thread, i noticed someone talking about seeing ball lightning, i wonder how many "UFO" sightings are actually people seeing natural phenomena?

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Problem with Aliens they just can hold the Beer. Had a couple the other week all green and orrid gave them a few pints and could they fly their ufo. Well technically not an UFO as it had been identified as a space ship by the locals. However. They were all over the place. Even the Police helicopter got diverted from the bacon butty run. Finally they hit the cloaking device and managed to get off but they got to be more careful. They may pick nasty habits from us. Smoking Drugs etc.

Apparently drunk in charge of a UFO on their own planet is a death sentence or ten years listening to Amy Whitehouse. So lets keep it here. :lol: :D;)