Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Another early leaf fall?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Lots of Oak and Beech still with lots of leaves around here, hedgerows also still leafy - at least those not yet decimated by the farmers with their flails.

Posted

Leafs starting to fall off the ones in our back garden, and in the streets most if not all are nearly off. However i noticed something strange. One of the trees in our back garden has some blossom on it !! :)

According to the garden book and my knowledge it should have it in March not November!! :)

Will get some pics tomorrow

Edited by mark bayley

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.
Leafs starting to fall off the ones in our back garden, and in the streets most if not all are nearly off. However i noticed something strange. One of the trees in our back garden has some blossom on it !! :)

According to the garden book and my knowledge it should have it in March not November!! :)

Will get some pics tomorrow

Yes I also have seen trees with blossom on. Rhododendron are flowering again and Camellia are trying to flower too. Lillies are coming back too. Is this early or late? :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

Everything is bald here pretty much now, apart from Beech which is still clinging onto half a covering of leaves. This is interesting because I noticed Beech were out earlier than normal this year but seems to be one of the last trees to lose their leaves.

Posted
Everything is bald here pretty much now, apart from Beech which is still clinging onto half a covering of leaves. This is interesting because I noticed Beech were out earlier than normal this year but seems to be one of the last trees to lose their leaves.

Not in my experience, it's always the Ash up here. Even now it's still doggedly clinging on whilst everything else is bare.

• 1 month later...
Posted

I remember going to the Long Mynd and Shropshire which is quite high up and near the entrance none of the trees were even turning orange and i thought at the time how LATE the trees are losing the leaves.