Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Today's weather (aka general weather chat)

Zenarcher

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn Mornings, Thunderstorms and snow

Cloudy here, but looking over towards Plympton, I can see some blue sky. Not proper August weather for a holiday mind.

Posted

Things have improved a little here this afternoon and I'm enjoying a few nice glimpses of sunshine, which are certainly

lifting my mood a little.

Temps aren't spectacular but reasonable at 18.8c.

Still quite breezy though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Feeling warm here in Consett today, quite a bit of sunshine too and some gusty winds.

Very hot in the office again, 29.5C and feeling horrible.

Posted

Another poor day here with cloudy skies yet again, though a few bright spells. The maximum temperature is identical to yesterday at 20.6C, coming after a warm min of 16.3C.

It actually felt rather cool when I was outside earlier, suprising as its quite humid with that 20C too!

Posted

Dreadful day again, drizzle & some heavier spells of rain, absolutely no sun breaking through. All I hear about on weather forecasts today is "at least its mainly dry & warm too" and its 14.9oC here! Taxi to Kent please!!!!!! :D

Castlebay Isle Of Barra

Outdoor temp 20.5c

Outdoor humidity 77%

Pressure 1014.8mb

Wind direction North West

Wind speed 1mph

Gust 12mph

Cloud Height 528m

Rain in last hour 0.0mm

Rain in last 24hours 0.5mm

Total rainfall 27.0mm

Dewpoint 16.3c

Heat Index 21.9c

Weather Misty showers dull cloudy

Posted
Things have improved a little here this afternoon and I'm enjoying a few nice glimpses of sunshine, which are certainly

lifting my mood a little.

Temps aren't spectacular but reasonable at 18.8c.

Still quite breezy though.

yeah the sun appeared for a short while this afternoon but it's now back to being cloudy

and mild and rather breezy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.
Dreadful day again, drizzle & some heavier spells of rain, absolutely no sun breaking through. All I hear about on weather forecasts today is "at least its mainly dry & warm too" and its 14.9oC here! Taxi to Kent please!!!!!! :D

Well, I'm pleased I don't listen to weather forecasts much any more. It does cheese me off when I hear this type of weather described as "at least it's mainly dry and warm", especially when it's expressed as an "improvement" over sunshine and showers, or hot sunshine and thundery outbreaks.

The sun did make a fleeting attempt to emerge at around 4pm, but soon disappeared. Stratocumulus reigns supreme, and the temperature has been at 20-21C- sounds pleasant enough, but doesn't really feel it, with the cool wind and the high humidity. A big surprise, I really thought we were going to at least get cloud and sunny intervals.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Another Dull Muggy day but still a T shirt day. Supposed to be sunnier than yesterday but it isn't and the odd bit of drizzle ever so often. Another mild night coming up to distort the daily average making it look a warm day no doubt I suspect this will be the story for the week possibly until Sunday as well before fresher air moves in from the west.

Posted
Dull cool and windy today, i would rather it be raining as thats more interesting than this

Agree.

Drizzle around here, grey and dull.

Started to get foggy.

Posted

This is the type of weather we get in the autumn or winter not summer with anticylonic gloom except the high isn`t over us at the moment(tomorows chart)not a great lookig fax so more gloom and some drizzle.

http://85.214.49.20/pics/brack0a.gif

The sun came out for 2 minutes :D and temps rocketed to 17.2c otherwise it would`ve been just over 1c lower to yesterday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
yeah the sun appeared for a short while this afternoon but it's now back to being cloudy

and mild and rather breezy.

Wall to wall gloom and doom for 2 days running now, feels like late October. Oh well might get some nice weather from the upcoming mini heat wave, unless its all called off again within 24hrs! :D

Posted
Dull cool and windy today, i would rather it be raining as thats more interesting than this

I thought it won't take long before we get posts like the one above, people ask for dry weather and when it comes they want it to rain again. :D

Sorry Mark this is not just aimed at you btw but i have to say it because this has happened before and it does annoy me when people moans it rains too much then when dry(ish) weather does come along people want it unsettled again. Dry and cloudy weather is not exciting by any means and i do understand people frustrations but whatever the weather does people will not be happy about it.

I am glad it is dry at the moment and today has not been a bad day either, lengthy sunny spells this afternoon untill around 4ish where it clouded over again but at least its not the other way around where it stays cloudy all day and at evening time it brightens up.

Posted
I thought it won't take long before we get posts like the one above, people ask for dry weather and when it comes they want it to rain again. :D

Sorry Mark this is not just aimed at you btw but i have to say it because this has happened before and it does annoy me when people moans it rains too much then when dry(ish) weather does come along people want it unsettled again. Dry and cloudy weather is not exciting by any means and i do understand people frustrations but whatever the weather does people will not be happy about it.

I am glad it is dry at the moment and today has not been a bad day either, lengthy sunny spells this afternoon untill around 4ish where it clouded over again but at least its not the other way around where it stays cloudy all day and at evening time it brightens up.

Being dry is useful allowing me some catch up time in the garden. The green bags are piling up. I am finding the greyness depressing though and no it's not brightening up in the evening just staying the same. Last night it did clear up after the sun had set and I did see a few stars. You got to remember not everyone is seeing the sun during the day you've been lucky.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Yes, my parents confirmed that there's been some sunshine in the Tyneside area today. There hasn't been any in Norwich though, and the same holds true for many other parts of the country.

Posted
Yes, my parents confirmed that there's been some sunshine in the Tyneside area today. There hasn't been any in Norwich though, and the same holds true for many other parts of the country.

This evenings forecast didn't install me with Confidence either. Could be the same all the way to Friday.

Posted

Yes Pit it doesn`t look very summery now for warm sunshine, including saturday for the west still showed cloudcover,thundery breakdown sunday then we`re into autumn atlantic lows cooler wet/windy/showery.

Posted

Time 21:25 Greece time

Air temperature : 28,7 C

Humidity : 36 %

Wind : NE 18 km/h

Pressure rel : 1015,3 hpa steady

Dew point : 12,2 C

clouds : 0/8 sky clear

Daily rain : 0,0 mm

Rain month : 6,6 mm

Rain year 2008 :168,4 mm

Min Air temp today : 27,0 C

Max Air temp today : 34,0 C

Greek weather stations top 100

http://greece.gotop100.com/

Posted

Another dull and generally dismal day. Yawn.

Current conditions...

Mostly cloudy,

Temperature 17.3ºc

Feels like 17.3ºc

Dew point 15.0ºc

Humidity 86%

Presure 1019.0mb (rising)

Averge windspeed 1.6mph

Maximum gust 5.4mph

Rainfall last 24 hours 0.0mm

Some late summer sunshine would be nice...