Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Today's weather (aka General weather chat)

Zenarcher

Posted

After a sunny morning where the max was at 15.8c it`s been rain on and off/ some showers coming into the rainband also which seems to been not moving east much as the clearance has gone back further west.

It`s actually the coolest start of september daytime since this date.

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/archive/ra/20...00120010901.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

What a REVOLTING afternoon! Grey, cold & wet - very autumn like.

The ride home was awful - partly due to the rain but partly due to the vastly increased amounts of traffic.

I've only lived in my new place since July and it's been a pleasent ride to work - generally light traffic, mostly warm and dry (but grey!). Now some (although not all) schools are back and the colder, darker season is coming it makes for a much more dangerous & unpleasent commute. When I first think about the coming autumn I think of frosty nights and the bonfire smell in the air i.e. with rose tinted spectacles! The reality of the daily trudge home in the dark coupled with large volumes of motor and cycle traffic is extremely unpleasent. A rainy evening rush hour just after the clock move must count as the most dangerous time of the year for accidents - and the most depressing too!

Goodbye summer - although you weren't perfect you shall be missed!

<whinge over :( >

Guest Shetland Coastie

Gulberwick Weather Station, Shetland

Heavy rain overnight and this morning followed by overcast and misty conditions.

Latest observations @ 1810

Temp: 14.2C

Dewpoint: 14C

Overnight min: 12.9C @ 0039

Wind: calm

Max gust last hr: 8mph @ 1710

Max gust today: 9.8mph @ 1604

Pressure: 998.6 hPa (falling)

Humidity: 99%

Rainfall today: 12.8mm

Cloud Base: 204ft

Posted

Time 20:45 Greece time

Air temperature : 24,6 C

Humidity : 39 %

Wind : NE 11 km/h

Pressure rel : 1016,0 hpa steady

Dew point : 9,7 C

clouds : 1/8 cirrus

Daily rain : 0,0 mm

Rain month : 0,0 mm

Rain year 2008 :170,2 mm

Min Air temp today : 22,4 C

Max Air temp today : 29,1 C

Greek weather stations top 100

http://greece.gotop100.com/

Posted

It's very wet with some heavy rain here at the moment and rather windy.

The weather today has got worse as the day went on.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

No rain at all today, it's stayed completely dry and sunny! Currently 15C with a light wind!

Posted
  • Location: South Derbyshire nr. Burton on Trent, Midlands, UK: alt 262 feet
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme winter cold,heavy bowing snow,freezing fog.Summer 2012
  • Location: South Derbyshire nr. Burton on Trent, Midlands, UK: alt 262 feet
What a REVOLTING afternoon! Grey, cold & wet - very autumn like.

The ride home was awful - partly due to the rain but partly due to the vastly increased amounts of traffic.

I've only lived in my new place since July and it's been a pleasent ride to work - generally light traffic, mostly warm and dry (but grey!). Now some (although not all) schools are back and the colder, darker season is coming it makes for a much more dangerous & unpleasent commute. When I first think about the coming autumn I think of frosty nights and the bonfire smell in the air i.e. with rose tinted spectacles! The reality of the daily trudge home in the dark coupled with large volumes of motor and cycle traffic is extremely unpleasent. A rainy evening rush hour just after the clock move must count as the most dangerous time of the year for accidents - and the most depressing too!

Goodbye summer - although you weren't perfect you shall be missed!

<whinge over :nonono: >

I can indeed sympathise with you there, cycling in bad weather and in busy traffic can indeed be very dangerous, some motorists have absolutely no respect for cyclists or they don’t even notice us. I had many a near miss going to and from work on my bike and it was usually in the middle of the school run!! I cycled to work for the best part of 40 years, but the last 10 or so years were the worst, when parents started taking there kids to school in the car.

I am a motorists, but only drive when necessary, but I do have a high respect for cyclists, although there are some who ask for trouble, especially in winter while cycling without lights or high vis jacket, they give cyclist a bad name.

Well that had nothing to do with general weather chat really, so had better report on today’s conditions.

Overnight rain had cleared by dawn to leave a clear and sunny start. Cloud soon bubbled up though, so by reading time it was rather cloudy with showers in the vicinity. Showery rain set in by late morning and became persistent by afternoon. The late afternoon continued dull wet and rather windy with moderate rain. Top Temperature 19c. Maximum wind speed 25mph SW.

Current conditions, light to moderate rain.

Readings at 21:00hrs

Sky Conditions, 8 Oktas, Nimbostratus, I guess!!, it's pitch black out there.

Temperature 14.3°C

Barometer 1004.0mb, falling.

Wind Force 3 SW.

Maximum temperature 19.0°C

Rain from 10:00hrs up to 21:00 hrs 8mm

Paul

Edited by Polar Continental

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells
I can indeed sympathise with you there, cycling in bad weather and in busy traffic can indeed be very dangerous, some motorists have absolutely no respect for cyclists or they don’t even notice us. I had many a near miss going to and from work on my bike and it was usually in the middle of the school run!! I cycled to work for the best part of 40 years, but the last 10 or so years were the worst, when parents started taking there kids to school in the car.

I am a motorists, but only drive when necessary, but I do have a high respect for cyclists, although there are some who ask for trouble, especially in winter while cycling without lights or high vis jacket, they give cyclist a bad name.

There are indeed a lot of rubbish cyclists around - like those who seem to not care which side of the cycle track they're on or stray onto the pedestrian side of the pavement (and even worse the peds on the cycle track!).

Horrid evening - been raining since 4pm and temps now bottomed out at 15.8c. Got window open but a fair old chill in the air now.

Posted

Hooray for today, we actually saw some decent sunshine for much of it, no real showers to speak of and it felt quite warm, all in all a decent day much better than the majority of days in August. It was just start waking up to sunshine rather than dull grey skies and more so considering today is not normally a good day i.e. first day after summer holidays etc, thoughts turning to autumn etc...

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Clear/sunny intervals am, cloudy and showery pm, breezy.

Min: 9.4c @ 0100.

Max: 18c.

Rain yesterday: 2.0mm.

Currently: Clear peiods.

Temp: 9.6c.

Pressure: 1005 mbar, falling slowly.

Edited by Tonyh