Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

New 'skicentre' On Netweather

Paul

Posted

A new area has been added to the site today (and will officially go live later), the SkiCentre covers all things skiing and snowboarding related with worldwide resort forecasts, snow reports, charts, Julian's excellent Alp's blog and even free ski resort weather feeds included.

You can view it here:

[nwlink=http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=skicentre;sess=]Netweather SkiCentre[/nwlink]

Please note - the charts for the alps won't be live until after 3.30 this afternoon when the latest charts update..

As ever, all feedback is much appreciated :doh:

Paul

Posted

It should prove a very popular area, as you say the very good precis of expected weather from Julian, and there are plenty of ski/boarders on the forum, and many more not members who drop in to view.

Edited by johnholmes

Posted

Really excellent stuff.!! :)

The detailed Alp weather charts are superb --- Is it possible to overlay a few major towns/ski resorts on these charts to help with navigation?

Posted

Great idea, and will be popular I'm sure.

Not so sure about the "onthesnow" link though. I selected my destination this winter (Canazei in Italy), only to find it is closed, 0 cms of snow, last update........last April! They actually have the best snow levels for decades at this time of year, according to the resort webcams!

Steve M

Posted
Not so sure about the "onthesnow" link though. I selected my destination this winter (Canazei in Italy), only to find it is closed, 0 cms of snow, last update........last April! They actually have the best snow levels for decades at this time of year, according to the resort webcams!

Steve M

Likewise ... the last snow data for Austria seems far from accurate

but as I've already said the charts for the Alps are excellent!

Posted

good for most of it Paul, just a suggestion, with the isobar charts, ie 850mb temps and isobars, I think it would look more realstic if the isobars were at 4 rather than 1 mb?