Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Do You Still Have Snow On The Ground ?

stewfox

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Still got some in the garden from 5th Jan although only tiny bits

More amazing were the remnents of the falls from early December still lying on local moorland after New Year

Ian

Posted
No snow but plenty of frozen lakes, marina etc, also a lot of ice remains near site of Christmas Ice rink.

Be interesting to see how much ice remains on Monday morning.

A few pics I took this morning of the remaining snow,frozen brook with an Ice waterfall !!!! with a touch more snow. :lol:

Got down to -4.4c last night so another hard frost,wind is south to SW today still been cold all morning but now it`s 1.4c.

Alot of high cloud about today with some very weak sun,had a reasonable frost cover.

Posted
Yep same here - I think we're the only two on this whole forum sharing the same frustration with low cloud, relatively high temps and a total lack of 'winter weather'. While he sea freezes in the usually ultra-mild south west and cold weather payments are sent out in many places, we're still struggling to get temps below 0c and see any frost - never mind snow!

Make that 3....4 if you include Mushy.

Interestingly you speak about lack of frosts. If I hadnt been in my car most mornings over the last 2 weeks to see that temps were getting below 0oC, I would have said that same. I suspect it might be a case of the air being too dry (rather than not being cold enough)...which would tally with the lack of snow too :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave
Still got some in the garden from 5th Jan although only tiny bits

More amazing were the remnents of the falls from early December still lying on local moorland after New Year

Ian

So how many days do you figure for lying snow (continous) up in the moorlands ?

I was in Buxton pre xmas and I, guessing they had lying snow over 2 weeks but the milder spell I guess got rid of that. I dont know if any snow remained in the Derbyshire peak disrict before it got cold again ?

Would be interesting if any places in England (vilages etc) have held on the snow since early December ? ie 40 + days of lying snow

People better start building big snowmen :D

Posted

Still the smallest of patches left over from Mondays event - I expect this will have melted by the end of today. Snow lasting nearly a week at near sea level - not bad for the London area.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Very, very little left now. A bit of ice left on the waterfall. A lump of snow left in next doors garden. Will be gone by tonight but it has lasted a week!

Posted

Some very small patches of snow left in my garden from Sunday night and Monday morning - also some of the little used side streets have some very frozen snow on the pavements.

Expect it will be gone by the end of the day - car said +6C at 9am this morning

Posted

All the natural fallen snow has gone,1 small pile left otherwise after clearing the path and that`s dirty snow now.

7.3c and very windy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Very tiny patches still about here. :good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

I can't imagine there will be much left in the UK even up at higher levels after tonight. Some fresh snow for the Scottish mountains early next week though, potential to get quite a dumping in the Highlands.

Posted

Snow will of gone as there was s little, but ice thats a different matter,thats going to take a good many days to thaw we have a round barrel 3 foot high and the ice in it if you push it down with you hand it only goes down level with the top,that hasn`t happened for a few years to freeze all the way through,and theres an outside water tank overflowing because of ice on the ball valve just cleared the ice from it.

Burst water pipes are possible now with the big thaw,frost will take a few days to fully come out of the ground aswell.

Edited by Snowyowl9