Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Reports 19th - 22nd January 2009

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Snowing heavily again and settling on all surfaces.

Edited by James M

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy
Snowing heavily again and settling on all surfaces.

Plenty on this side of the hills too! Not seen our hourly bus try and make the hill for a while either. Radar looks like we have a bit more to come too.

Posted

Moderately heavy showers passing through now, with a stiff breeze. Too dark to put an intensity on but fairly big flakes, so I'd guess up around 15-20 on the Stratos scale.

Posted

About 3 inches of snow. Has been a good snow event here, since leaving work at 14:00, its been snowing pretty much all day, with a little respite period between 7-9pm, snowing at the moment, with a temp of 0.5oC

Posted

Good covering of snow in East Lancs this morning. Glorious snowy scenes from just North of Bury into Rossendale and over towards Southern Blackburn. As is often the case snow line drops with distance from the sea and within the hills, lots of snow down to 100m ASL in places. 5cm at home in Summerseat, deeper with more altitude.

As in early December, M60 seems to mark the furthest extent of the cover towards Manchester and ever decreasing snow along the M65, no snow when reach the M6 near Preston. Now at work in Lancaster, at 100m, no snow except tops of the Forest of Bowland.

Really interesting driving from damp Lancaster into winter wonderland yesterday and back today on commute. Wonderful example of lapse rates, surface modification by Irish Sea and orographic (sp?) nature of ppn.

The frost and fog hollows, temperature inversions and snow dustings etc of the high pressure were really interesting, but the early December and current Atlantic cold, even if a lot less severe, take some beating for me.

Cheers

Maz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

Been snowing moderately since I awoke, now a layer of slush on all surfaces. Need a heavy burst to get a covering started.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Moderate sleet has been falling here since 1745.

Posted
Moderate sleet has been falling here since 1745.

A touch of the Telfords in Strasdale as well. Sleeting from about 100m up. Mix of complete snowflakes and rain.

Guest Taking In The Sights

It was snowing poorly in Penrith earlier this evening.

I fear the Met Office will be bombarded with complaints from a Mr. T. Snow of Carlisle at not forecasting this extraordinary event.

Posted

Got excited earlier as I was driving to the shop, I though it was sleeting!!!!!! Guess what though, it was.........RAIN!!!! Temperature rising slowly as we enter the warmer sector and still waiting for some snow. I really hope we get some soon, good luck everyone else :)