Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Nick Sussex

Rollo

Posted
  • Location: South Derbyshire nr. Burton on Trent, Midlands, UK: alt 262 feet
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme winter cold,heavy bowing snow,freezing fog.Summer 2012
  • Location: South Derbyshire nr. Burton on Trent, Midlands, UK: alt 262 feet

Welcome back nick, wow it certainly was a bad storm. Glad you and your family kept safe.

Big changes in the models while you were away, just back in time for the biggest freeze since 1740, :friends:

Paul

Posted
Welcome back nick, wow it certainly was a bad storm. Glad you and your family kept safe.

Big changes in the models while you were away, just back in time for the biggest freeze since 1740, :friends:

Paul

Thanks PC and everyone. :yahoo:

I don't mind the cold anything but wind! theres actually another warning out this evening for heavy rain, thankfully I'm high up here but this will just add to the problems.

Posted

Glad too hear your ok nick ,but while your on the subject of having no power ,

You dont have to have a storm to have power cuts just sign up with N,POWER they had me waiting for months to put the power on due to a previous tenants bill ,and you know what in the end i had to move out

No power for 3 months thanks N POWER !!!!!!!!

Posted

Power cuts are the worst. As you say, it really makes you stop and think how much we actually rely on it. the next time you get up is to probably use power for an appliance/turning the lights on/ putting the kettle on/ oven on for dinner etc. It really is alarming how much we are at the mercy of power. Anyway, glad all is well!

Posted

It's a great relief to hear you are ok!

By the way, i don't know what i would do without internet access for 3 days...

Karyo

Guest North Sea Snow Convection

Great to have you back nick :friends: - welcome back to the outside world (and the cold weather prospects!)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

You haven't used up all the Prozac have you? Might still need a few to get thru' the next few days of model watching! Glad you're safe and well Nick.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

Yes just to add welcome back Nick,glad you and yours came through ok.

Posted

Hi Nick

Glad you and your family survived the storm, up here in the Charente we battened down the hatches but most of the destructive winds stayed to our south, but your right the next problem is heavy rain on already saturated ground. I fully expect flooding in and around our area, judging by the amount of rain forcast though we are lucky to be on top of an incline, not steep enough to be a hill, but enough to ensure we have not problems with flooding.

Never a dull moment weatherwise in SW France, though we could probably do without these extremities

Cheers & keep safe

FC

(currently sitting in a very wet Limerick)

Edited by frozencanals