Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: London, Ea & Se England

jam1

Posted

Snow is always a tricky one to forecast, I think for the east probably upto 50 miles inland pretty frequant showers will be coming in from the north sea once the cold pool is overhead, should be a pretty unstable airflow.

Monday is a much trickier one to prog and becomes more marginal the further east you go as the day goes along thanks to the increase in upper temps and also dew points. Will have to wait to see exactly what happens though.

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow, and lovely summer Sun

does anyone have an idea when we should start seeing snow?? i was on the understanding from midday sunday but been looking around and says sunday morning???

cheers guys n girls

BRING ON THE TRUMPET!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal
It's now sunday ! woohoo :crazy:

Pinch punch first day of the month!

Trumpets hahaha! (that's my ringtone at the moment, when the advert comes on I think someone's ringing me)

I actually went and bought new gloves for the children in hope. Is it worth digging the sledges out to the front of the shed?

Edited by moogyboobles

Posted
Pinch punch first day of the month!

Trumpets hahaha! (that's my ringtone at the moment, when the advert comes on I think someone's ringing me)

I actually went and bought new gloves for the children in hope. Is it worth digging the sledges out to the front of the shed?

Mine are all ready to go for Monday :crazy:

Chloe (9) has her Boogie Board

Abbie (6) has the Red Plastic Sledge

Sienna (4) has the same but in blue

Me (36) I am Old school, Wooden with steel runners, gonna beat them out of sight :huh: :huh:

Paul S

Posted

I live in north kent but am off to ikea at lakeside tomorrow afternoon and am hoping to see some flakes a flying on my drive back...... would be nice..... ps its -0.5c and clear here...... no wind either, am in sheltered location. PS wind on bbc map is in right direction to pepper a line from herne bay through to sittingbourne as happened in 2005 with heavy frequent snow showers and in two weeks we had 45cm in total. but the largest measurement over any given day was 20cm from one snowfall (thames streamer)...... easily could happen again if conditions are right.......

Posted

I haven't been on a sledge since I was 11 - that was back in 91.I just haven't had enough snow since then.

I wonder if I'll be able to convince the other half to buy one on monday and head to the park.... :crazy:

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

se_rain_09020212.jpg

Lol don't think i've seen that before :crazy:

Posted
Mine are all ready to go for Monday :crazy:

Chloe (9) has her Boogie Board

Abbie (6) has the Red Plastic Sledge

Sienna (4) has the same but in blue

Me (36) I am Old school, Wooden with steel runners, gonna beat them out of sight :huh: :huh:

Paul S

Haha I'm hoping it snows enough to get my husband the day off from the old commute in to London so he can help out (actually so I can thrash him in a snowfight....last time I had a proper snow fight was half term when I was about 14 93/94 I think).

I live in north kent but am off to ikea at lakeside tomorrow afternoon and am hoping to see some flakes a flying on my drive back.....

If you manage to find your way out that is!

Posted
Haha I'm hoping it snows enough to get my husband the day off from the old commute in to London so he can help out (actually so I can thrash him in a snowfight....last time I had a proper snow fight was half term when I was about 14 93/94 I think).

If you manage to find your way out that is!

I know, its a bit of a maze down there..... got bit lost last time i went..... three years ago.........

Posted
I know, its a bit of a maze down there..... got bit lost last time i went..... three years ago.........

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=aNcaaehKaC8

:crazy:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

wow, is that one of the subscription forecasts, neilsouth? What is the time of that pic?

Kate

Posted

Very good..... HEHE...thats why ive not been for three years...... oh well once im there if it snows on way home ill enjoy journey whatever the indoor conditions are.....

Posted
wow, is that one of the subscription forecasts, neilsouth? What is the time of that pic?

Kate

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/ukweather/southeast/#no_url

From the met ! , good eh :crazy:

Posted

Neil that map looks good...... im thinking something similar to 2005 b4 we get sleet/drizzle b4 precipitation fizzles and slow thaw b4 it freezes over..... so 15-20cm looks good bet..... dependent on wind direction and precip amounts.......

Posted

well guys just watched the latestwith laura tobin and it showed the famious thames streamer from 6pm to 6am then showed the very heavy precip as snow thats comeing up from france and ;asting for a further 6 hours. we really could be seeing some very serious snow amounts from this i reckon at least 15cms could be alot more. :crazy:

Posted
well guys just watched the latestwith laura tobin and it showed the famious thames streamer from 6pm to 6am then showed the very heavy precip as snow thats comeing up from france and ;asting for a further 6 hours. we really could be seeing some very serious snow amounts from this i reckon at least 15cms could be alot more. :)

Good good! , well goodnight and see everyone in the morning :D

JUST READ THIS ON TWO!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not a fan of streamers anyway oTongue

As for Monday's event, I have just have just come off a conference call and seen/heard enough to issue a advisory to all the companies clients in SE, EA and London.

Very high confidence (>70%) that the London area will see the heaviest snow since January 2003.

:crazy: :huh: :huh: Tom D

Posted
Good good! , well goodnight and see everyone in the morning :D

JUST READ THIS ON TWO!!!!!!!!!!

:fool: :lol: B) Tom D

That also ties in with my friend who works as a gritter he said i should be expecting 16cms and up could be double. im going for a lovley 25cms how much is that in feet?

Also wind speed kicking in now and it really does feel cold just had a fag and i would say wind speed a sustained 20mph the beast has arived and this event over the next 60 hours could well be the starter before the main course. I dont think i have never seen 10cms fall in london we could see treble that amount :o :):D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

Cheers, neil! Don't think I've ever seen white on that radar before - hence not recognising it!

Seems to miss me, but looked like a stationary snowcloud dumping on Salisbury plain all afternoon, so praps I will go to work after all!

Kate

I dont think i have never seen 10cms fall in london we could see treble that amount :lol: :D :o

Blimey, and I thought /I/ was a ramper...! :fool:

Posted
That also ties in with my friend who works as a gritter he said i should be expecting 16cms and up could be double. im going for a lovley 25cms how much is that in feet?

25cm would be just under a ft of snow.

ft=30.48cm

Posted

1 foot is about 30cm's. so 25cm's would be around 10 inches.

Bit too far north of london to benefit from a streamer. Ironically, the last one in 2003, i was too far south. Actually, that streamer was very upsetting as I literally was right on the edge - less then a 5 min drive away there was over double what i had!

Posted

Also wind speed kicking in now and it really does feel cold just had a fag and i would say wind speed a sustained 20mph the beast has arived and this event over the next 60 hours could well be the starter before the main course. I dont think i have never seen 10cms fall in london we could see treble that amount :fool: B) :lol:

LLWA, 16cm is about 6" and 25cm about 10". I would have thought that it is extraordinarly unlikely that anywhere in south west London will see anything like 6" of lying snow. In the last 21 years in Brixton I have only once experienced over 2" snow and that was in early February 1991 when I recorded 8". I would be surprised if we had more than 2" in the next 48 hours.

regards

ACB

Posted
1 foot is about 30cm's. so 25cm's would be around 10 inches.

Bit too far north of london to benefit from a streamer. Ironically, the last one in 2003, i was too far south. Actually, that streamer was very upsetting as I literally was right on the edge - less then a 5 min drive away there was over double what i had!

To which extent are the streamer's efforts usually felt? Am I too far north (near Chelmsford/Wickford)?

Posted

I would be pretty suprised to see anywhere near 30cm in the SE tbh, more like 10-15cm imo (which is still great of course), but i do think 30cm is possible in lincs.

Edited by tom_f123

Posted

In Feb '91, I had spent the Afternoon with Hubby, having tests in a Hosp. We came out 4hrs later, and the Snow was quite deep for Central London. The tube ride home was so slow..........................then the car was buried, and all I had in the Boot was a kids small blackboard, digging out the car with a blackboard was odd in the extreame.

Took another hour to get half a mile to pick up kids from my parents, we had a quick Coffee, and the Car was buried again. lol

When we finally got home, got into the driveway, and couldn't open the doors, as the snow was so deep!

That was the last time I remember being really snowed in, car wise.

I doubt it will be that deep this time, but anything could happen I guess.

Monday will be interesting. I don't HAVE to go out, and the garden tap has been wrapped. [blew off in '05, NOT FUN] Think I am prepared.

Youngest is excited as she is 16 and not seen an awful lot of Snow.

Nite everyone, Hope you all get what you wish for. [25c and Sun for me, lol] :fool: