Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: London, Ea & Se England

jam1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Sunny here now, here they come, more clumps of cloud in the distance! :cold:

Nice bit of PPN in the Thames Estuary right now on the radar, start of out Streamer I hope, :cold:

Posted
Fine with unbroken sunshine here at the moment.

New T+24 FAX chart: http://www.meteociel.fr/ukmo/fax/fax24s.gif

Isn't that low quite a bit further south? And more in the way of short waves?

Posted
WE HAVE FLAKES

People in Leigh look out your window

YAY

Looking at the 11am radar Paul, - have we got an early streamer setting up here do you think?

Posted

TEITS== the other day you wrote about chucking a bucket of water down and depending how quickly it drys depends on the dew point???

I'd really like to try this ,, and if it doesn't dry i'll get a ice rink for kids :cold::cold:

when u suggest it'll be best to try this and is it the quicker drys the better ???

Edited by donna-m

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Heavy snow in dover apparantly!

Posted
WE HAVE FLAKES

People in Leigh look out your window

YAY

glad you like them ,i'm directly NE of you, and sent them to you, for all your hard word u do on here :cold:

Edited by donna-m

Posted

Coming down nicely now in central southend, was a bit worried about temps but does not seem to be a problem, plenty of dark clouds rolling in!

Posted

just going to ramp this this party up further..someone as reported that Jay Wyn...from the BBC said this could be an extreme event..

up tp 30cM...now if this happens Paul will get his IGLOO

MAY I MOVE east

Edited by dogs32

Posted

Here in North Norfolk, we have had some heavyish snow showers since 9.30 this morning giving a slight covering. Temps and dewpoints all over the shop. At 830 this am we had a temp of 2C, dewpoint of -6 and a strong wind. In the snow, temps dropped to 0.5C, dewpoint increased to -1C and the wind dropped slightly. Now we have a clearance, the temp is 1C, dewpoint -5C and the wind has increased again!

Posted
Looking at the 11am radar Paul, - have we got an early streamer setting up here do you think?

Yes Stu

Perfect wind Direction, Perfect Dewpoints, Colder Uppers now arriving, have seen this set up many times before and in my experience these showers will line up and keep getting heavier, expecting a covering by this evening before the REALLY Heavy Showers keep going overnight. Was noting about an hour ago how the convection was starting and this is now apparant on the radars, all good for areas further West of here towards London.

PAUL S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme
TEITS== the other day you wrote about chucking a bucket of water down and depending how quickly it drys depends on the dew point???

I'd really like to try this ,, and if it doesn't dry i'll get a ice rink for kids :cold::cold:

when u suggest it'll be best to try this and is it the quicker drys the better ???

Hi Donna_M i should try it now the temp has dropped 0.5c in the last half hour to 1.3c and the dew point stands at -3.5c and in this wind i would expect it to dry pretty quick :cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Just pure blue skys now, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, wheres my snow??!! :cold:

Posted
Yes Stu

Perfect wind Direction, Perfect Dewpoints, Colder Uppers now arriving, have seen this set up many times before and in my experience these showers will line up and keep getting heavier, expecting a covering by this evening before the REALLY Heavy Showers keep going overnight. Was noting about an hour ago how the convection was starting and this is now apparant on the radars, all good for areas further West of here towards London.

PAUL S

Bright sunshine at Oxford Circus - dark to the east - expecting some snow by the time I come out of the gym at around 1pm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Heathrow

long-TAF: EGLL 011056Z 0112/0218 07015KT 9999 BKN030 PROB40 TEMPO 0112/0215 07018G28KT PROB30 TEMPO 0115/0119 6000 -SHSN TEMPO 0119/0213 2000 SHSN BKN010 PROB30 TEMPO 0121/0213 0700 +SHSN BKN006CB BECMG 0213/0216 1500 SN BKN006 PROB40 0215/0218 0200 +SN BKN000

Posted
Hi Donna_M i should try it now the temp has dropped 0.5c in the last half hour to 1.3c and the dew point stands at -3.5c and in this wind i would expect it to dry pretty quick :)

okay thank u,,,

also may do it tonight to make ice rink for kids and dogs, if it freezing :):)

Posted

Take a look at this radar and what has developed in the Thames Estuary http://www.meteox.co.uk/h.aspx?r=&jaar...;soort=loop1uur. No snow since the 15 minute shower about an hour ago in Harwich (Essex Coast). Temp 1c dew point -5.7c, cloud coming from ENE.